Post a reply

YouTube channel

Postby Tubberlad

I found this last night, I've got to say this guy has an absolutely amazing selection of snooker videos! I'd been looking everywhere for footage from the 2003 & 2005 World Finals, this guy has got blocks from them both.

http://www.youtube.com/user/evgeshaorg# ... rJoWERslis

Other notables include the 1999 final, 1994 final & Paul Hunter's last Crucible game

Highly recommended <ok>

Re: YouTube channel

Postby Bourne

"Uploads = 147"

That alone deserves a <ok> from me

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:"Uploads = 147"

That alone deserves a <ok> from me

Yeah, noticed that too :D

Postby randam05

Great channel, I know where to go now when im bored. <ok>

Postby Roland

Classic Ronnie! Note on the other table Mark Williams is about to seal his debut spot in the top 16 against Tony Knowles

Postby Witz78

That has to be one of the best clearances ever there from Ronnie, absolutely rapid and some outrageous shots near the end.

Good to see some brief footage of TK there looking as swish in '96 as he did in his 80s heyday

Postby Roland

I don't know about one of the best ever, pretty standard fare from him around that time. I think that was the event Nigel Bond won beating Higgins in the final. I also just checked out Stephen Lee's clearance at 4-4 v Mark Williams in the China Open earlier this year (the one where Williams had 4 centuries and seemingly the last frame) and there's a clip of Ding at the Masters in 2004 albeit you don't see much of him playing. He must've been 14 or 15. Love the hair!

Postby Witz78

Never mind Ding looking so young

im struggling to remember Lee looking so slim as he does here.

Postby Roland

He's certainly more spherical these days

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:I don't know about one of the best ever, pretty standard fare from him around that time. I think that was the event Nigel Bond won beating Higgins in the final. I also just checked out Stephen Lee's clearance at 4-4 v Mark Williams in the China Open earlier this year (the one where Williams had 4 centuries and seemingly the last frame) and there's a clip of Ding at the Masters in 2004 albeit you don't see much of him playing. He must've been 14 or 15. Love the hair!

The commentary on that is dire :chuckle:

Postby mishcka

Sonny wrote:I don't know about one of the best ever, pretty standard fare from him around that time. I think that was the event Nigel Bond won beating Higgins in the final. I also just checked out Stephen Lee's clearance at 4-4 v Mark Williams in the China Open earlier this year (the one where Williams had 4 centuries and seemingly the last frame) and there's a clip of Ding at the Masters in 2004 albeit you don't see much of him playing. He must've been 14 or 15. Love the hair!

I've got a soft spot for Ding, now I know why!
:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:
Great Hair!!!

Postby Roland

It's funny as well because when he first came on the scene he looked so cool and collected and we didn't know how to read him or what he was thinking. Looking back at that video he was doing exactly the same things body languagewise that he still does, just that we know more about him now so can interpret them. He hasn't changed much. I love Ding!

Postby Tubberlad

I think the four frames O'Sullivan played in the evening session of this Masters final were out of this world. His pot success was 98%... those were the days. (Ignore the ignorant pro-Ronnie comments that follow though, haha)

Postby Roland

aye he can play a bit :redneck:

Postby mishcka

Tubberlad wrote:I think the four frames O'Sullivan played in the evening session of this Masters final were out of this world. His pot success was 98%... those were the days. (Ignore the ignorant pro-Ronnie comments that follow though, haha)

Excellent match, that was Ronnie at his very best. Shame that Higgins was not playing that well at that final. He made up for it next year though...

Postby mishcka

Also I like it when Dennis Taylor is NOT commentating on A Ronnie match... (at times i forget which match im watching coz he repeats the same lines every single match).

Postby Tubberlad

mischka wrote:Excellent match, that was Ronnie at his very best. Shame that Higgins was not playing that well at that final. He made up for it next year though...

Higgins played grand in that final :hatoff:
He made up for it with an awesome performance in the Grand Prix final, that was the best I've seen Higgins play

Postby mishcka

Tubberlad wrote:
mischka wrote:Excellent match, that was Ronnie at his very best. Shame that Higgins was not playing that well at that final. He made up for it next year though...

Higgins played grand in that final :hatoff:
He made up for it with an awesome performance in the Grand Prix final, that was the best I've seen Higgins play

Higgins wasnt at his best at that final, his pot success rate was like 88 or 89% only. Wherease Ronnie's was like 97 or 98%!!!
He did play really well though in the grand prix final... Higgins Ronnie's matches are always joy to watch :D they bring the best out of each others.

Postby hitman_ronnie1

upped this on me channel the other day.

short & sweet.

have got quite a lot of snooker clips i've tapped off the telly over the years.

but all of it has already been upped.

like 147's and stuff.

unrelated.

someone up the higgins-doherty final from 98 (or last few frames).

higgins was mustard that year.

the greatest player of his generation for me. :win:

Postby kostasmad

One of the best clearences EVER!!! Not even he could believe it...lol