Post a reply

Re: Ebdon = Legend

Postby Casey

Ebdon in a hurray for a change

[YouTube]v=k5apw8njoEQ&NR=1[/YouTube]

Postby Witz78

GJtheaussiestud wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmz3NyHWQQ&feature=related

<laugh> rofl

get a sense of humour cope it was a joke <doh>

Im sure im not the only one to have noticed theres been a bit of rivalry and bad blood between these 2 over the last few seasons.

They are pretty much in competition for a top 16 place and have been drawn together quite a few times and i remember Peter beat Jamie in the 2008 China Open and that kickstarted their feud.

A few weeks later they met in the epic R1 match in Sheffield (which i was lucky enough to be at, cheering on The Ebdonator of course :clap: ) where Peter came back from 2-5 down when Jamie was playing great stuff, by using his tactics and classic grinding tactics to expose Copes naiviety and weaknesses before pipping him 10-9 that ended Copes hopes of taking Peters top 16 place off him.

Since then, theres been bad blood between the 2 and you can tell both raise their game when playing each other, given their mutual dislike of one another.

If you dont believe me, watch the next time they play, the body language says it all, and there is no pleasantries exchanged between the players at all, hence why i feel Cope refused to acknowledge Ebdons hilarious antics here.

Postby Smart

Ebbo is a disgrace (that incident was flagged up on 606 by me and got a lot of comments and ratings). <ok>

From that epic match (in Sheffield) - the funniest thing was when Ebbo had won he applauded Cope as he left the arena. I have NEVER ever seen this happen before - the winner applauding his opponent as he is leaving...... it was very blimming strange.

Anyway I will never like Ebbo. He is very watchable but I dislike him - end of. <ok>

:wave:

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:Ebbo is a disgrace (that incident was flagged up on 606 by me and got a lot of comments and ratings). <ok>

From that epic match (in Sheffield) - the funniest thing was when Ebbo had won he applauded Cope as he left the arena. I have NEVER ever seen this happen before - the winner applauding his opponent as he is leaving...... it was very blimming strange.

Anyway I will never like Ebbo. He is very watchable but I dislike him - end of. <ok>

:wave:

At least Ebdon shows emotion and is one of the few remaining characters in a sport awash with expressionless robots in Highland Spring waistcoats.

Yet so many people call Ebdon boring !! Hes so misunderstood by most fans.

He reminds me of Mervyn King from the darts (who im also a massive fan of) in that he does things his own way, and doesnt give a damn what others think of him.

Postby Smart

I don't think he is boring - in fact his shot choice alone makes him very watchable.

BUT the antics in the Cope match (in the clip) really are nothing to be proud of. It was neither funny nor on in my book. I did not see people in the audience doubled over in fits of laughter because he just looked stupid. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmz3NyHWQQ&feature=related

<laugh> rofl

get a sense of humour cope it was a joke <doh>

The video is unavailable.

Postby The_Abbott

That sometimes happens when you reply to an 11 year old thread

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:That sometimes happens when you reply to an 11 year old thread