Post a reply

Re: Me refereeing.

Postby jojo

ha

if the man wants to grow his hair let him be people say i should get a haircut and my hairs a lot shorter than randams

if he going to the crucible should be easy to pick out on the tv screens ha

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:ha

if the man wants to grow his hair let him be people say i should get a haircut and my hairs a lot shorter than randams

if he going to the crucible should be easy to pick out on the tv screens ha

<laugh> rofl

Postby Roland

randam - do you like metal?

Postby GJ

Rocket_ron wrote:
GJ wrote:randam

get a hair cut

ahh poor jake

:wave:

Postby jadechelsea

jojo wrote:jade i dont know how old you are think you look about fourteen not sure how old you have to be to qualify to being a referee i think its eighteen i might be wrong but good luck with it hope to see you on the tv screens when you refereeing or even live at the venue even though four years is a long way away and i might be dead by then ha

and if you do make it as a referee which im sure you will make sure you tell the authorities applying common sense in certain situations is more important than the rules and they should have learnt this from the mistakes made by alec chamberlain ha

I am nearly 12.You can start at any age I will probably do this in the summer holidays :-D but I dont now what age you can be when you can go on tv I need to read more about it.Thanks jojo :hatoff:
http://www.englishsnooker.com/admin/sit ... eferee.pdf

Postby Bourne

I love how youngsters always say they're nearly a certain age :redneck: You're 11, say it loud and proud :hatoff:

Postby jadechelsea

Bourne wrote:Jade when you're refereeing Trump vs Ding in the 2016 world final please can I have front row tickets ? Many thanks !!!

<laugh> yes shore I can get free tickets for you if I can as well :-D

Postby jadechelsea

Bourne wrote:I love how youngsters always say they're nearly a certain age :redneck: You're 11, say it loud and proud :hatoff:

<laugh> 11 But I am 12 on the 9th of may <laugh>

Postby Bourne

Wild is 40 next year, and last year and the year before that rofl

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Wild is 40 next year, and last year and the year before that rofl

rofl

Postby jadechelsea

Sonny wrote:randam - do you like metal?

He hates metal it is his worst music <cool>

Postby jadechelsea

Bourne wrote:Wild is 40 next year, and last year and the year before that rofl

rofl

Postby jojo

well if i wasnt an occupational therapist i think i would have wanted to become a referee reading the last bit where you travel around different parts of the world sounds appealing

i would never ever in a million years been good enough to become a pro my highest break on full size is 58 ive only made about a dozen half centuries all my life but it good to see young kids who have made up their mind what they want to do in their life with such raw enthusiasm

Postby jadechelsea

jojo wrote:well if i wasnt an occupational therapist i think i would have wanted to become a referee reading the last bit where you travel around different parts of the world sounds appealing

i would never ever in a million years been good enough to become a pro my highest break on full size is 58 ive only made about a dozen half centuries all my life but it good to see young kids who have made up their mind what they want to do in their life with such raw enthusiasm

I know it sounds good I hope I do become a ref.I would be going around the world and talking to snooker island after I do my reffereing and saying what I done for the day and how it went :excite: .
very good jojo :clap: my highest break is only 17 :chuckle:

Postby jadechelsea

If you go on google and type in english snooker then click on the top thing then click on reffeere's then there is lots of different things to read

Postby SnookerFan

jadechelsea WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:I love how youngsters always say they're nearly a certain age :redneck: You're 11, say it loud and proud :hatoff:

Less then a week.

Postby PLtheRef

I'm 39 days of 21

Postby Roland

Me and Jade share the birthday :D

Postby jadechelsea

SnookerFan wrote:
jadechelsea WC wrote:

Less then a week.

I cant wait :-D :hyper:

Postby Sickpotter

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Can I ask you a rule question please? Hope you don't mind. :)

I was playing in a comp, a serious one, back in May of this year, & with just the Pink & Black left on the table, my opponent fouled. I had a free ball & I had a chance of rolling up behind the black. My question is, is that still the only occasion that you can Snooker your oppo on a free ball when there is just the Pink & Black on the table?

I seem to remember you could, I just don't know if you still can. :ashamed:

First off, nice pics Jade, you look very professional :hatoff:

John, you are correct. If a player fouls, leaves a free ball and only pink and black are left on the table you are permitted to nominate the pink and roll up behind it. This is the only time a player can roll up on a free ball. <ok>

Postby Witz78

Sickpotter wrote:

I was playing in a comp, a serious one, back in May of this year, & with just the Pink & Black left on the table, my opponent fouled. I had a free ball & I had a chance of rolling up behind the black. My question is, is that still the only occasion that you can Snooker your oppo on a free ball when there is just the Pink & Black on the table?

John, you are correct. If a player fouls, leaves a free ball and only pink and black are left on the table you are permitted to nominate the pink and roll up behind it. This is the only time a player can roll up on a free ball. <ok>

did you mean roll up behind the black?

cos whats the point in rolling up to the pink when the opponent would be on it anyway?

Postby jadechelsea

Sickpotter wrote:

Thanks sickpotter

Postby Roland

You'd be a mug though because then he wouldn't be snookered <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

Jade

a question for you (and the other islanders too)

There is one instance where a player may legally play with both feet off the floor. - What is this instance.