Post a reply

Re: Me refereeing.

Postby Roland

PLtheRef wrote:Jade

a question for you (and the other islanders too)

There is one instance where a player may legally play with both feet off the floor. - What is this instance.

When they wear shoes with front part sticking out 6 inches past the tip of their toes like all snooker players do.

Either that or wheelchair snooker.

Postby Bourne

I thought Sonny got close with the wheelchair answer, if a little disableist :chuckle:

Postby John From London Town

jadechelsea WC wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Can I ask you a rule question please? Hope you don't mind. :)

I was playing in a comp, a serious one, back in May of this year, & with just the Pink & Black left on the table, my opponent fouled. I had a free ball & I had a chance of rolling up behind the black. My question is, is that still the only occasion that you can Snooker your oppo on a free ball when there is just the Pink & Black on the table?

I seem to remember you could, I just don't know if you still can. :ashamed:

First off, nice pics Jade, you look very professional :hatoff:

John, you are correct. If a player fouls, leaves a free ball and only pink and black are left on the table you are permitted to nominate the pink and roll up behind it. This is the only time a player can roll up on a free ball. <ok>

Thanks sickpotter

If you mean nominate the black SP, then Cool, thought so, I didn't play it/ I let another one win/ :-)
Playing in the Irish Nationals this week-end, been practicing with Colm Gilcreest lately. Know Colm?
Sound. <ok>

Postby jadechelsea

There is one instance where a player may legally play with both feet off the floor. - What is this instance.

Sorry I dont no that yet but I am going to have a look on google :-)

Postby Smart

jadechelsea WC wrote:

If they are in a wheelchair :win: :wave: <ok>

Postby jadechelsea

Smart wrote:
jadechelsea WC wrote:

If they are in a wheelchair :win: :wave: <ok>

<laugh> yeah maybe

Postby PLtheRef

in a chair is right

What stipulation must occur though - what is the equivalent to having both feet off the floor

Postby Roland

having both wheels off the floor?

Postby SnookerFan

jadechelsea WC wrote:I am so happy my mum and dad said I can do this http://www.englishsnooker.com/admin/sit ... eferee.pdf in the summer holidays so I am going to be doing reffereeing a lot with jake. I cant wait :-D :hyper: :excite:

Wow! Congratulations! :bowdown:

Give it a few years, I'll be chasing you across venues for your autograph instead of Michaela.

Disclaimer: This won't happen until you are old enough that it's not pervy, and also until it is cleared with your brother first, who I talk on facebook with.

Postby jadechelsea

SnookerFan wrote:
jadechelsea WC wrote:I am so happy my mum and dad said I can do this http://www.englishsnooker.com/admin/sit ... eferee.pdf in the summer holidays so I am going to be doing reffereeing a lot with jake. I cant wait :-D :hyper: :excite:

Wow! Congratulations! :bowdown:

Give it a few years, I'll be chasing you across venues for your autograph instead of Michaela.

Disclaimer: This won't happen until you are old enough that it's not pervy, and also until it is cleared with your brother first, who I talk on facebook with.

thanks <laugh>