Post a reply

Re: Best frame of 2009/10

Postby Roland

Don't underestimate Liang. There is method in his madness.

Postby Tubberlad

Liang is certainly a very nice little player. On the point that people rate him higher than the likes of Dave Harold on the basis of how good he is to watch, I don't go along with that. I think he's a better player than Harold.

Liang is good enough to win somewhere between two and four rankers I feel, but I can't see him finishing out a major for some reason. For me, there'll always be some little thing holding him back. That little thing being a tactical awareness.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:Selby is at least ten times smarter tactically than Liang though.

Course your right.......

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I've watched him live. You were with me once, remember? :redneck:

I also had a prime seat (directly behind the players) for session 2 in the Ding match at the Crucible and he was far from boring to watch. The Kamikaze Kid in action is never dull. Just because he doesn't have the natural fluency of your Ronnie or Dings, doesn't mean he isn't great to watch. It's the way he makes up his mind to go for a Kamikaze shot, and then takes a few deep breaths, gets down and commits 110% to the shot no matter how crazy. There's been no one like him before. He's a breath of fresh air.

I'd almost forgotten that that occasion (probably cos you were chatting throughout <laugh> ). I know you like his unusual approach but when I watched him vs ROS this year he was deliberating for so long on shots there were people (me included) who were really getting the hump. I went for a pint at one point due to it......

I rather think of him now as a KamikaziGrinder. He will have his days I guess. <ok>

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:Selby is at least ten times smarter tactically than Liang though.

Wenny is a clown in terms of the shots he takes and the timing of them in relation to the match situation .............. too many times you are left thinking "WTF...?" <ok>

Postby The Cueist

Sonny wrote:Don't underestimate Liang. There is method in his madness.

Mike Hallet was a Kamikaze-ist in the 80's and early nineties,A cracking player to watch on form and could rattle frames off like that with one or two rubbish or bust pots. <cool>

Wenbo is future major winner,At least one i reckon.

It would all depend who he meets in a final of one. ;)