Post a reply

Re: Q School 2019

Postby aimlesswandeer

No return for Chris Keogan as he is hammered by English teen Brierley.

Postby HappyCamper

Lei Peifan loses to old Mr Pinches. He has a nervous wait to see how many can beat it 45 points total.

Postby Godot

Prediction: Some of the later fixtures will finish before Borg - Whelan

Postby Vallomas

Allan Taylor and Alex Borg are through. They face each other in the next round.

I checked out the draw and I realise that Andy Hicks has a good chance to qualify.

Postby Vallomas

In a possible Allan Taylor v Billy Castle (quarter) final, Castle will be safe via the order of merit even if he loses. Don't say that he'll do it, but there is a problem with the system.

Postby lhpirnie

Vallomas wrote:In a possible Allan Taylor v Billy Castle (quarter) final, Castle will be safe via the order of merit even if he loses. Don't say that he'll do it, but there is a problem with the system.

Yes, it does look like the cut will be 45 frames. Whether 45 will be enough or not will depend on what happens in Q4.

As for the potential match between Billy Joe Castle and Allan Taylor, didn't you know that BJ is a great drinking pal of Lei Peifan?

Postby Godot

One banker for tomorrow is Long Zehuang to beat Fergal Quinn. Quinn has only managed two 50+ breaks in 3 events. Long (well into double figures on 50+ breaks plus a few century breaks ) is just a much heavier scorer.

Postby lhpirnie

Godot wrote:One banker for tomorrow is Long Zehuang to beat Fergal Quinn. Quinn has only managed two 50+ breaks in 3 events. Long (well into double figures on 50+ breaks plus a few century breaks ) is just a much heavier scorer.

He's got a great Long game as well! I think tomorrow will be a very nervy day. Anything possible...

Postby lhpirnie

Vallomas wrote:In a possible Allan Taylor v Billy Castle (quarter) final, Castle will be safe via the order of merit even if he loses. Don't say that he'll do it, but there is a problem with the system.

It's even worse than that.

Billy Joe Castle won't need to win his final match in Q2, Peter Lines won't need to win his final match in Q3, and (likely) Andy Hicks/Ross Bulman won't need to win their final match in Q4.

It's a big disincentive to have qualified already, even if you aren't playing one of your friends.

That's why I think Lei Peifan will end up 5th. But all kinds of crazy things can happen on the last day of Q School.

Postby vodkadiet1

European Union > America.

Postby Godot

If 4th place in the Order of Merit finishes as a tie, say 2/3 people on 45 frames each, then what?

Postby lhpirnie

Godot wrote:If 4th place in the Order of Merit finishes as a tie, say 2/3 people on 45 frames each, then what?

It goes to the frames won in QS1, then if necessary frames won in QS2.

Postby The_Abbott

I wonder after all the acceptances to the tour are made whether there will be any late reprieve for the 5th place guy. They need to have 128 on the tour and some nation champions don't take up the tour card. Wasn't Adam Stefanow given a late card last year?

Postby Wildey

Godot wrote:One banker for tomorrow is Long Zehuang to beat Fergal Quinn. Quinn has only managed two 50+ breaks in 3 events. Long (well into double figures on 50+ breaks plus a few century breaks ) is just a much heavier scorer.

You don't need to make breaks to win matches

Postby Wildey

The_Abbott wrote:I wonder after all the acceptances to the tour are made whether there will be any late reprieve for the 5th place guy. They need to have 128 on the tour and some nation champions don't take up the tour card. Wasn't Adam Stefanow given a late card last year?

They dont need 128 that just a figure of available spots the short fall is made up of Q School top ups.

Postby vodkadiet1

If Pinches gets back on the tour I am going to throw my computer, television, radio, and mobile phone out of the window.

Postby lhpirnie

vodkadiet1 wrote:If Pinches gets back on the tour I am going to throw my computer, television, radio, and mobile phone out of the window.

If Barry Pinches wins tomorrow, perhaps he'll donate his tour card to his son. Such a nice gesture, everyone will be happy! Even World Snooker would accept...

Postby vodkadiet1

lhpirnie wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:If Pinches gets back on the tour I am going to throw my computer, television, radio, and mobile phone out of the window.

If Barry Pinches wins tomorrow, perhaps he'll donate his tour card to his son. Such a nice gesture, everyone will be happy! Even World Snooker would accept...

I hope you're right!

Postby Wildey

Spot 1
Xu Si

Spot 2
David Lilley

Spot 3
Jamie O'Neill

Spot 4
Soheil Vahedi

Spot 5
Chen Zifan

Spot 6
Riley Parsons

Spot 7
Louis Heathcote

Spot 8
Frazer Patrick

Spot 9
Shane Castle v Barry Pinches
Long Zehuang v Fergal Quinn

Spot 10
Alex Borg v Allan Taylor
Kayden Brierley v Billy Joe Castle

Spot 11
Fang Xiongman v Alexander Ursenbacher
Zak Surety v Peter Lines

Spot 12
Ryan Thomerson v Andy Hicks
Ross Bullman v Yang Qingtian

Spot 13
Si Jiahui

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:

rofl rofl

Postby lhpirnie

Despite my database, I'm not very good at predictions. But tonight I can see visions of the future....

Spot 10
Allan Taylor

Spot 11
Arnie Ursenbacher

Spot 12
Andy Hicks / Ross Bulman

Spot 14-16
Billy Joe Castle
Peter Lines
Andy Hicks / Ross Bulman

But I must say I've no clue about Spot 9

Postby Wildey

Ryan Thomerson is Australian dont know where he is based but has shown comitment to the sport since 2011 playing in PTC and other events and now he is only 2 matches away from getting on to the Pro Tour however he has the very experianced Andy Hicks to get past first but if he gets past him anything is possible.

Postby Godot

Hope Quinten Hann's Chinese cousin is less troublesome than the man himself if he qualifies for the tour.

Postby The_Abbott

Make sure you film this for us to watch.

*fingers crossed Barry Pinches a spot on the tour*

Postby The_Abbott

Who would you rather have on the tour:

Barry "The Claw" Pinches or
Alex "Resistance is Futile" Borg

Postby The_Abbott

Long Zehuang - 36 AST. He really does take a long time.

Sexy Fergal th2 2nd not much better at 31 AST. Nerves kicking in today.

Postby Vallomas

Anyone who fancies Shane Castle to qualify? I remember that he was tipped a youngster to watch a few years ago.

Postby The_Abbott

Vallomas wrote:Anyone who fancies Shane Castle to qualify? I remember that he was tipped a youngster to watch a few years ago.

I think he will qualify. Two Castles could be on the tour to take on the King. Mark King.

Postby The_Abbott

If Ross Bullman is whitewashed, he will have a nervous few hours. Currently 2-0 down.