Post a reply

Re: Q School 2019

Postby aimlesswandeer

All the winners so far are either GB and Ireland or Asian players. Hopefully we’ll have a decent cosmopolitan presence in the next round.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Anyone we should be watching out for? Or is it just recycling of the Mcleods, Lilleys etc etc? And there were people complaining about Jimmy getting a wild card... :mood:

This is not a wild card you earn it by winning matches if Jimmys good enough to compete this is the perfect vehicle for him to get hard match play under his belt

Postby Wildey

aimlesswandeer wrote:All the winners so far are either GB and Ireland or Asian players. Hopefully we’ll have a decent cosmopolitan presence in the next round.

i want best possible players through who cares where they from

Postby SteveJJ

Recently relegated duo, Allan Taylor and Xu Si breeze in to the next round with 4-0 victories.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Wildey wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:All the winners so far are either GB and Ireland or Asian players. Hopefully we’ll have a decent cosmopolitan presence in the next round.

Yes, but it would be nice if some of the best players at Q School were from different parts of the world. The tour would really benefit from some continental European qualifiers.

Postby Wildey

Mark Allen's step sun Robbie McGuigan is on 12 frames won without hitting a ball yet http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=46 hes been seeded through to last 128 of all 3 q school.

i guess thats how the cookie crumbles but hardly fair

Postby Wildey

aimlesswandeer wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Yes, but it would be nice if some of the best players at Q School were from different parts of the world. The tour would really benefit from some continental European qualifiers.

only if they good enough having contintal europeans that consistently loses in the last 128 wont do anything for snooker in europe.

Postby Wildey

Having only 3 women entering is disapointing

Postby Wildey

Dessie Sheehan first turned pro in 1981 and reached a career high ranking of 81 in 1986-87 season

in all that time hes managed to win 35 matches and at 69 he comes back for more.

Last time he earned any money on tour was in 1993 when he made a season long haul of £250 lol

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey wrote:Dessie Sheehan first turned pro in 1981 and reached a career high ranking of 81 in 1986-87 season

in all that time hes managed to win 35 matches and at 69 he comes back for more.

Good for him. However unlikely success may be.

Postby SteveJJ

Michael Wild and Heikki Niva go through.

Ng On Yee wins the first frame.

Postby HappyCamper

you'll be pleased finn heikki niva has won his match against simon blackwell 4-2.

Postby aimlesswandeer

HappyCamper wrote:

you'll be pleased finn heikki niva has won his match against simon blackwell 4-2.

Yes, hopefully a few more will progress.

Postby SteveJJ

A hard day back at school for Dessie as he is whitewashed.
Ng On Yee 1-1.
Reanne 2-0 down.

Postby SteveJJ

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ng On Yee is probably the player I would most like to succeed.

Well she's gone 2-1 up.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Ng the last woman standing. She plays Scotland’s Michael Collumb next.

Postby HappyCamper

American Ahmed Elsayed has won his first round match.

Has a yank ever been on the tour? I can only think of a few Canadians.

Postby aimlesswandeer

HappyCamper wrote:American Ahmed Elsayed has won his first round match.

I don’t think so. Elsayed is pushing 40 so I’d be very surprised if he became the first.

He defeated one of nine Indians in the draw. Ex tour pro Mehta is the only victor so far, but they may get Lucky tonight.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Hamza Akbar begins his attempt to win his card back and qualify for his favourite tournament, the Shootout.

Trump’s uncle is losing to 50 year old former pro Jeff Cundy.

Another nephew of Hendry, Jason Tart, is in action tomorrow against former Scottish pro, Fraser Patrick.

Postby mick745

Jim Rempe?

Postby Wildey

mick745 wrote:

Jim Rempe?

yea but hardly played a match 14 matches in the 7 years he was down as on tour but played only 4 years and withdraw from a lot of events including the world championship once.

in 1987 he played Stephen Hendry in qualifying for the World Championship Hendry was 9-1 up then lost the next 3 frames before winning 10-4

Postby Wildey

American Steve Mizerak is also down as a Pro for 6 years and played only 3 matches lost them all

Postby aimlesswandeer

20 year old Pole Holoyda wins through, hoping to join two of his compatriots on tour.

Akbar strolls to victory.

Postby D4P

Wildey wrote:American Steve Mizerak is also down as a Pro for 6 years and played only 3 matches lost them all

He used to have an infomercial back in the 80s for a video of him with tips on how to play pool.