Post a reply

Re: Challenge Tour Event 1 - Burton - 2nd-3rd June 2018

Postby kolompar

pmsl <doh>
Must be a World Snooker cock-up, not informing the players or something.
I thought everyone would enter this one as it's straight after Q School at the same venue, but none of the Chinese did, no Poom, Petrov, Poles, Helgason, Ochoiski, even some Brits like Cope, Castle, Bedford, Hicks missing.
Only 59 entries so 5 players already through to the last 32 to get £125, including 12-year-old Iulian Boiko.

Postby Deewee

59 players only.
Highest ranked not participating:
Poomjaeng, Jamie Cope, Fang Xiongman, Andy Hicks

Our biggest idol Heather Clare is taking part! Along with 16 other players not on the top 64 on the order of merit.

About 5 non-European players, a quarter of the players who could've been there.

Cueaction previews: http://cueactionsnookerblog.blogspot.co ... w.html?m=1

Postby SteveJJ

The dates were publicly announced during Q School but you would have thought everyone in Q School would have been made aware well in advance that there was likely to be an event immediately afterwards. Obviously some people may have jobs to go to or visas that ran out or couldn't afford extended hotel fees but its a bit of an inauspicious start.

Especially as it was sold as a tour that was for people with serious intent to qualify for the main tour.

Postby SteveJJ

Further wins for:

Kevin Van Hove
Kuldesh Johal
James Cahill
Oliver Brown
Felix Frede
David Lilley
Joel Walker
Andreas Ploner
Ben Hancorn
Sydney Wilson
William Lemons
Luke Simmond
Mitchell Mann

and Reanne has beaten Heather Clare 3-0.

Postby SteveJJ

Last R1 match sees Jackson Page beat Steven Hallworth 3-2.

2nd Round Results

Luke Simmonds 3-0 Iulian Boiko
David Grace 3-1 Adam Edge
Charlie Walters 3-1 Lee Shanker
David Lilley 3-1 Adam Duffy
Kuldesh Johal 3-0 Patrick Whelan
Farakh Ajaib 3-0 Sean Maddocks
Kevin Van Hove 3-2 Felix Frede
Joel Walker 3-2 Ben Hancorn
William Lemons 3-2 Sydney Wilson
Mitchell Mann 3 - 0 Jamie Trump
Reanne Evans 3 - 2 Chae Ross
Oliver Brown 3-2 Andreas Ploner
Brandon Sargeant 3-2 Anthony Jeffers

So to add to the shambles of the planning of this tournament of only having a field of 59. One of those listed (Sergei Isaenko) didn't take part giving Jamie Trump a walkover to the second round.

Postby aimlesswandeer

It’s very strange that so many Brits who finished high in the rankings aren’t playing in this. Some of the overseas boys would obviously have flown home but the Brits could have there at fairly short notice. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come.

Apart for Van Hove it could be an all England affair in the last 16 which is pretty blah.

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:I'd have rather less players/matches and best of seven rather than best of five ... and the players going through to the second round automatically and gaining an automatic £125 should have been the highest ranked at Q School ...

just ridicilous that Iulian Boiko who won just 3 bloody frames in Q School was even in the tournament but to then put him through to round 2 was just taking the snake hiss.

who the buck at World Snooker cant work out the point of a order of bucking merit.

useless idiots

Postby SteveJJ

Last 16

Kevin Van Hove v Charlie Walters
David Grace v Kuldesh Johal
David Lilley v James Cahill
Luke Simmonds v Oliver Brown
William Lemons v Joel Walker
Mitchell Mann v Reanne Evans
Brandon Sargeant v Lucky Vatnani
Farakh Ajaib v Jackson Page

Postby SteveJJ

SteveJJ wrote:Last 16

Kevin Van Hove v Charlie Walters
David Grace v Kuldesh Johal
David Lilley v James Cahill
Luke Simmonds v Oliver Brown
William Lemons v Joel Walker
Mitchell Mann v Reanne Evans
Brandon Sargeant v Lucky Vatnani
Farakh Ajaib v Jackson Page

Results

Kevin Van Hove 3-1 Charlie Walters
David Grace 3 - 1 Kuldesh Johal
James Cahill 3 - 1 David Lilley
Luke Simmonds 3 - 0 Oliver Brown
Joel Walker 3 - 0 William Lemons
Mitchell Mann 3 - 1 Reanne Evans
Brandon sergeant 3 - 0 Lucky Vatnani
Jackson Page 3 - 1 Farakh Ajaib

Quarter Final Draw

Kevin Van Hove v David Grace
James Cahill v Luke Simmonds
Joel Walker v Mitchell Mann
Brandon Sargeant v Jackson Page

Postby TheSaviour

SteveJJ wrote:Semi Final Results:

Luke Simmonds 3 - 2 David Grace
Brandon Sargeant 3 - 2 Mitchell Mann

Mitchell Mann. Probably the most depressing people of the world. Perhaps he deserved that.

So if one is having a drinking problem it can´t be any other person´s fault :sad: :sad: . Never mind. Just a thought. Since I think it can be.

Not just mirroring things. But actually founding the people guilty of something.

I have been guilty of predicting really poorly according to my own standards. I could use of facing a prison sentence in order to get away and to find a peace. So I am ready but are you ?

When I was at top of my predicting I used to state that one week means life. Now it is that two weeks means life :lol: . But I have been done just really poorly. Poor old me. But let´s just take that one more go. I state now that two weeks means life, and when getting that correct, I again will state that week means life.

I was just kidding with you about Mitchell earlier on <doh> <doh> . Right.. <doh>

But absolutely no need to get depressed just for nothing. If still having your own legs can just do about anything. Just lacking the b@lls if not being able to do anything. No need to get depressed as long as having all the prospects. Just try to be brave will you.