Post a reply

Re: Q-School 2018

Postby The_Abbott

mick745 wrote:Jamie coped well enough with John Pritchett to come through 4-1, but Vatnani was unlucky to run into an in form Phil O'Kane.

Ng On Yee fought back from 0-3 to 3-3 but lost the decider against Daniel Womersley.

Is Phil O'Kane related to Dene O'Kane?

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:Is the Pinches vs Pinches battle like those times the Williams sisters play in tennis?

rofl

It could be on par with Lines V Lines.as a great snooker showdown.

Postby Deewee

Corey Deuel is quite fast for a pool player. Johnny Archer would have an AST over a minute

Postby Wildey

Deewee wrote:Corey Deuel is quite fast for a pool player. Johnny Archer would have an AST over a minute

and yet theres this myth that pool is a faster game

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is the Pinches vs Pinches battle like those times the Williams sisters play in tennis?

rofl

It could be on par with Lines V Lines.as a great snooker showdown.

Don't care.

That's not about tennis. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:Barry Pinches wins 4-0 and plays his son Luke in round 2.

will he purposely lose to allow his son to progress?

i wouldn't

i would want to humiliate him

You could run up behind him, and throw a custard pie in his face?

Postby vodkadiet

Kishan Hirani showing his class against Danny Brindle. Brindle had the worst draw possible.

Postby vodkadiet

The BBC should be screening all 18 days of Q school. Ball by ball coverage. In fact they should force Dennis Taylor to commentate on every session.

Heather Clare makes a break of 12 and Taylor is screaming "Can you get your breath?"

Postby vodkadiet

Deewee wrote:There's Q School matches on youtube, the aforementioned Deuel one for example: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... CN5ogILWwd
Also the legend that is Heather Clare makes an appearance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK1iltjg51w I think a break of 12 is generous for her, vodkadiet

She could fluke a couple of shots. I played a guy once and he made a 41 break with 3 fluked blacks!

Postby mick745

James Height averaging over 41 seconds a shot and 2 1 down v Nutcharut Wongharuthai.

Round 2 matches also getting underway tonight.

Postby SteveJJ

In the tie of the current matches being played. Ploner is 2-2 with Leo Fernandez.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Mitchell Mann makes a poor start to his attempt to get back on tour, albeit he had a tough draw in the experienced Mike Judge (he of King of the Hill fame). Mann over 30 seconds per shot, as per usual.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Height and Wongharuthai are playing for the honour of a match against everyone’s least favourite clown, Poomjaeng.

Postby SteveJJ

aimlesswandeer wrote:Height and Wongharuthai are playing for the honour of a match against everyone’s least favourite clown, Poomjaeng.

Looks like it might be an all Thai affair.

Postby kolompar

vodkadiet wrote:The BBC should be screening all 18 days of Q school. Ball by ball coverage. In fact they should force Dennis Taylor to commentate on every session.

Heather Clare makes a break of 12 and Taylor is screaming "Can you get your breath?"

They wrote an article, about Pinches of all people https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/44131048
Just when you thought we finally got rid of Pinches, we might even get two back...

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:Barry Pinches wins 4-0 and plays his son Luke in round 2.

will he purposely lose to allow his son to progress?

i wouldn't

i would want to humiliate him

This does go against your stance on getting more youngsters through

No it doesent.

Kids has to be tough and handle defeats as a incentive to get better thats why i would never make things easy for youngsters coming up even if they are relatives.

Postby TheSaviour

A closer look at Qualifiers (Q-School)

Oh man ! It´s has already been a complete mayhem! Also down at the beach where I go to a swimming and some bird-watching etc. Already a now a complete mayhem! An impressive starts to a usual suspects (the mentally strong ones), as the likes of Barry Pinches, Jak Jones and Lu Ning and a gifted William Lemons already finding their games. Jak Jones were 0-2 against Alex Borg, only to not so suprisingly finding his ways to win 4-2. Jak has just a way too much class to even play in Burton. While an ever-present Q-schoolists, American pool genius Corey Deuel, a talented Lucky Vatnani, a talented James Silverwood and NG on YEE finding it tough. Heikki Niva made an impressive start.

But isn´t it again a format where they can lose some matches only to bounce back....

Lu Ning´s highly interesting and different kind of a chinese player. An extremely talented mathematician and keeping it tight. He´s going to qualifyi this time I am telling you. And about his previous campaign. But a question is, is that one particular person sick or is a whole society sick ? There´s a lot, a lot of things which makes it milder and the problem to even dissappear. I´ll be there with him, no matter how other people eyes it. As long as it won´t get any worse. While so consistently behaving rather angry towards everyone. A cool lad whose blaming his parents for everything :sad: :sad:. His explanation not exactly causing any "Bingo!" - yells from my part. Is that one particular person sick or is the whole society sick ? If the answer is the latter one, then we could have a genuine mutual understanding.

Eating little childrens as a breakfast while otherwise being a really laid back lad <laugh> . Andy Hicks. An impressive start to him also.

It´s like they are using their mobiles and asking that hey, is anyone walking around here..? :hyper: :hyper: Well no, or hang one, she is! Well ask her to join the company ! <doh> <doh> <doh> So each for their own. My two picks are the snooker and a top-notch basketball (where we all know where that is being played. Any other also would do but there´s too many ifs and buts currently. Footies currently will take some brains to figure out but could be good also.

So if Andy Hicks fails to qualifie, I can´t see much past Oliver Lines. He´s the one to watch. And that quite exatcly is the thing which I like and prefer. No ifs or buts. Just as I couldn´t see much beyond Kyren Wilson during the rest of the season when he hit the form before the Masters. Check and see. That how it was. And now I can´t much see beyond Oliver Lines. That´s how impressive his last Worlds campaign just was. But once again, I am also understanding a different views and takings. It´s like worth of taking a risk when you have many things going on. If losing, that´s allright as that second one is going to keep and to profit. And if still not, just working hard next day and days and a new effort once again. So worth of taking a risk if having a solid chance to make it and flying high while frontrunner even with a first effort. No matter what the real, mathematical probabilities would suggest. I am also doing things like that. Plus, there´s so strong personalities involved that they personally are always going to digest it if the whole thing is a mistake and a failure. A bit complicated, but that´s how the likes of Ronnie O´Sullivan, John Higgins and Mark Williams eventually runned things and proved it correct during the last Worlds..
Last edited by TheSaviour on 18 May 2018, edited 3 times in total.

Postby The_Abbott

The Pinches came will be 4-3 either way as the number of frames at QS is also important and they will try and get the best result for both of them.

Postby Wildey

The_Abbott wrote:The Pinches came will be 4-3 either way as the number of frames at QS is also important and they will try and get the best result for both of them.

Wrong

Barry Pinches won 4-1

Postby Alex0paul

Looks like a good win for Haydon against Kuldesh Johal

Postby aimlesswandeer

A good win for former Pot Quiz champ Reanne Evans, coming from 3-1 down at just over 20 secs per shot.

It’s good to see players from Finland, Korea, India and Hong Kong winning. Sadly the eventually qualifiers will probably all either be English or Chinese journeymen.

Postby aimlesswandeer

The four finals I predict are

James Cahill vs Thor
Sam Baird vs Andrew Pagett
Hammad Miah vs Dan Womersley
Wang Yuchen vs Poomjaeng

Hope I’m wrong though as that would be rubbish.

Postby vodkadiet

Andy Marriott in trouble in the decider.

At least he has his chain of hotels to fall back on if he doesn't get through Q school.

Postby TheSaviour

William Lemons and Lu Ning keeps on progressing like a trains. Highly impressive from the highly gifted ones and not even trolling the century-list with anything something rather daft.

So seemingly a well deserved 4-3 grinding victory to Reanne! :D But she´s just pure class, a top notch snooker grinder if there´s ever been a one. We all would see that pure class during the next season if she qualifies. She would beat lay down a beating on Mark Williams at least once if she gets the licence to play.

No-one particularly likes to get accused of being a con act even when kind of a being one. But at least in my case it is a well calculated counter actions with a zero harm to anyone. I just don´t particularly like being accussed of being a one. I don´t know how it is in Heikki Niva´s case but he will crash out sooner than later.

I don´t know. But I what I do know is that my theories are correct. It would just require some hard work to make it work and that´s something the people are just not ready to do. But I always am. Let´s take my second hobby. A basketball. The uglier, the hairier mot.... ni.... , the better he plays. Requiring he hailes from the class university league and has come through the proper coaching. He wouldn´t have to be the tallest person in the world but needs to have that usual pedigree. The uglier, the more hairier mot.... ni.... , the better player and it only highlights under the heavy pressure. And not only that but the uglier mot.... ni.... , the more popular person he would be amongs the fans. Particularly amongs the female fans. It´s like the fans or someone just accidentally are watching some game with a zero expectations and starting to think that f.... m.. what a bloke!!! What a bloke!!! BUT, the world only start to be better place if the teams would get started to handle like that. Picking and drafting players like that. An innovations or an ideas at lone doesn´t make the world as a better place. Only when starting to take the actions the world would start to change. Would start to change to be a better place. And overall standard would start to rise and it would snowball. But it would require all of the teams starting to make sense.

Put me in, Tiger....... Andy Hicks takes on Sam Craigie.

Don´t know. But if only the natural talent would count they could handle the World titles to someones without those naturally gifted even need to play. Just write it officially down to somewhere, and save the agony of have to play the matches and feeling the negative pressure. Wasn´t it a few years ago when the Crucible theatre was gutted after Stuart Bingham won the Worlds lol.

4. Hit me with a four. Then I feel everything´s allright and decent.

And besides this, I already can see the headlines..; Novak Djokovic Lays Down A Beating On Albert Ramos On Clay.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 18 May 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Postby The_Abbott

Jack's son Jake Nicholson is playing today. I wonder if he'll be a new Shining light.

Postby The_Abbott

Another comfortable win for the talented David Lilley. He is just what the tour needs. Englishmen in his 40's and a journeyman!