Post a reply

Re: Q-School 2018

Postby Vallomas

David Grace lost 4-1 to Ben Hancorn and he has officially dropped off the tour, twelve months after his Crucible debut.

Postby TheSaviour

Barry Pinches´ easy route continues. Yesterday I was about to write that Costello really can´t offer him even a match. Well Costello got a one frame so.. So not quite offered any match.

Really shocking standards to see GENG Mingqi handling a match to Michael Judge. GENG started the match with a sublime safety shots only to end it with a shocking standards. We or the kids shouldn´t bee seeing a standards like that on youtube. Simpliest of a safety shot, thinking it a while and everyone was able to foresee what would be on the way as normally he´s a fast ASIAN player and choose a shot 1 / 10 000 which was only way to really handle it to Michael when Michael required blue and a pink. Hopefully the lad can get his acts back together soon where ever he plays the game. That´s really what he should do and wishing all the luck in the world in order to do that; getting his acts back together. The sport needs that. But fair play to Michael Judge; he´s playing really well once again and have a good prospects now to qualify.

At least Geng´s a slim lad so he doesn´t comfort him with any hearty comfort meals. I was just about to ask why every greasy meat dish or a meal on these days is a "hearty" food. But I reckon I already figured it out.

Too bad, too bad. Way too nervous these otherwise sublime and knowledgeable lads gets while playing through this Q-School when they faces a matches. But it´s like if you´re a really, really good chess player then try to read the names and the ranking points from the magazine and you figure how would you do there. And then multiple that, and pick a country where there´s the best standards in the planet and then go and play against them when the TV-cameras are on and it will be all over on the internet. Well yes, I always say that you can well do that and do that many years on the trot but you must know what a mayhem it actually is out there.

But nevertheless, nothing away from the likes of Michael Judge, Barry Pinches or Poomjaeng as they are producing quite incredible standards when it is required to do so. But who requires, that´s what I am not quite so sure.. Probably at least not the likes of Geng´s coach or a coaching team. Or Shaun Murphy or Ronnie O´Sullivan. As they are probably way too arrogant as they beat them on a main tour. Or then just not knowing or understanding of how valuable job Michael Judge, for example, actually does. Winning a match on a main tour isn´t everything the sport is about. But on a right moment to able to get your acts together might have a much, much more influence and having a really positive influence.

Postby The_Abbott

David Grace must be kicking himself.

Postby kolompar

Both Poles out and won't make the Challenge Tour.

Second section looks weak, good chance for Page to get through.

Postby SteveJJ

kolompar wrote:Both Poles out and won't make the Challenge Tour.

Looks like Page will have David Lilley next and as he is near the top of the order of merit this could be a tough one.

Postby TheSaviour

Still problematic playing from Ng. A delighted that she won the match, nevertheless! She´s certainly a very talented player and a someone to root for, it is just as she gets going she seems to be playing some shots which just looks good to the spectators but not much prospects of getting the position even when she´s just trying to get that. That´s why (my guessing) that she always gets way too nervous when playing against a tough prospects and missing some complete sitters and scratching the cue ball while opposite requires snookers.. Really depressing to watch that match in, match out as she plays but that I reckon is something which could be easily fixed. Just some solid work to work on the right things.

At times I can be rather critical like yesterday towards GENG but that´s about being a positive even when the writings might be negative/critical. But everything wrote in a positive mood, so it is constructive critics if anything. And that GENG lad made a huge favour when handling it to Michael Judge. Sort of a accidentally showing how snooker should not be played. Can´t believe he made it purposely and obviously didn´t but it was just as poor shot at a decisive moment as it just possibly just can be. But a positive effects, although obviously he´s gutted as he crashed out. A year to wait, and still can´t see him to make it. But what a lad, made a huge favour at least from my perspective. Wishing him all the best luck.

It´s like the people are asking if I am blind on these days.. Such an eccerentic standards. Well yeah, I understand that view. I just use those sunglasses which almost make me as a blind. As there´s absolutely nothing to see as I do the walking.. Not a pretty sight the people rushing into the to work riding a bicycles or running or so. Not a pretty sighting, and they also must know that by now. But I know my stuff. Perhaps I am that much talented that I could be completely blind and still be able to walk that 7 miles on by myself and to write all this kind of a stuff just from the memory.

Let´s just hope that the ones who are playing as it should and are futuristic are not being afraid by some strange little stunts and will keep on developing the game. What a sad little competitive lads trying to ruin the game. Shaun Murphy also seems to be doing fine now and is in good summer spirits and being able to holding his nerve even when the TV-camera pressure is on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJbpiODJO0g He´s a bit hot and a cold lad, usually cold but the hottest efforts are just that much good that I can accept that. It is just that much cold that at times it just needs to get very hot. Which is what makes him so great.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 31 May 2018, edited 3 times in total.

Postby The_Abbott

Luke Simmonds loses. He would have made the tour if they still adopted last years model. He must be gutted.

Postby Alex0paul

This is going on forever

Postby The_Abbott

Alex0paul wrote:This is going on forever

next year Hearn will add another 5 events with only the semi finalists qualifying so it goes onto June and July!

Postby The_Abbott

A HUGE relief for Ding

Leo Fernandez has failed to qualify for the tour

Ding should win the World Championships now without that stumbling block in the way :joust: :hoover:

Postby kolompar

The_Abbott wrote:A HUGE relief for Ding

Leo Fernandez has failed to qualify for the tour

Ding should win the World Championships now without that stumbling block in the way :joust: :hoover:

Yu and Cao will be banned and he will get a wild card <ok>

Postby kolompar

Challenge Tour news
https://www.wpbsa.com/challenge-tour-no ... announced/
So Filipiak gets in, looks like future world champ Rodion Judin from Latvia too. I think Poland might host an event then Baranowski would get a place too. Helgason is in the top 64 so there's still two more places.

Petrov just lost so he will be hoping for a wild card, Ochoiski also lost but he's made the top 64.

Postby kolompar

SteveJJ wrote:

Looks like Page will have David Lilley next and as he is near the top of the order of merit this could be a tough one.

Page loses. One of Lilley, Michael Judge, Simon Bedford or Kishan Hirani will be on the tour.

Cope also out, loses to Greg Casey from 3-0 up <doh>

Postby SteveJJ

http://www.worldsnooker.com/challenge-t ... announced/

Challenge Tour news.

So looks like on top of the 64 on the order of merit there should have been 8 nominated extra players - but there will be 7 due to Stefanow being promoted to the main tour. Includes Filipiak and Helguson, Ng On Yee and Reanne Evans. As Helgason would have qualified from the order of merit that must mean 65th on the list will replace him.

Order Of Merit will be used to top up those places of people not entering.

Will be a logistical nightmare for the draw for the 1st event that starts on Friday given that they won't know all the players involved until tomorrow afternoon.

Postby SteveJJ

kolompar wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

Page loses. One of Lilley, Michael Judge, Simon Bedford or Kishan Hirani will be on the tour.

Cope also out, loses to Greg Casey from 3-0 up <doh>

Hirani would be my choice. Someone different.

Postby SteveJJ

Given around roughly 190 entrants, getting each tournament done in about 5 and a half days is pretty good going in my book.

Postby vodkadiet

Good luck to Thor today. He is a top 128 player all day long....

Postby vodkadiet

The_Abbott wrote:

next year Hearn will add another 5 events with only the semi finalists qualifying so it goes onto June and July!

The should certainly extend it until at least Mid October...

Postby TheSaviour

So the last day of this marathon.

Any given sport or game is all about taking the risks. Which means making mistakes, an unforced errors. 90% surely any risk is an unforced error and that´s how it should be.

Intriguing at times to watch the Roland Garros tennis as some young lads like Moutet are playing it into to the absolute perfection. Any given risk (an unforced error) he made (took) against Goffin (which is an incredible player, better than Federer on indoors at the moment) was a perfect. Couldn´t had done it any better than Moutet, only worse. And yet still he lost. But that was because he played against Goffin. Who is the only player at the moment from who you can´t read what is a risk to him and what is normal playing and rallying and serving to him. You can only read his body language which is a perfection also.

I already almost gave up of reading any body languages or the gestures (which is my another strong point) and thought I would only take the risk which even aren´t any risks.

What a complete was of a spaces as per usual. But what I am delighted about is that they have droved it back into me. So I can dictate if it is on or a not.. And you know what I think about it. What I am really delighted is that on these days it is no question anymore if "it has already arrived" or not. Which was a shame if there´s ever been a one. But it is a question that "is this a good shot or not". "Is this a good thought or not?". Well, I personally reckon that was not a good shot but if you yourself think it was a good shot then it was a good shot.

So absolutely nothing wrong with Andy Hicks. He always droves away those waste of a spaces. I am not bothered if he´s slightly rude. Just droves away those waste of spaces, as per usual. And I am always up for the challenges.

The problem with the commentators is that they are always talking about the small values. They talk about the small values and the professionalism. Where as that Joke talks about big values. And he´s also correct regarding those. A very futuristic also. Just showcases how wide the gaps actually are. What the discussion is all about always tells the level. And what is lacking.

If he doesn´t make any phone calls it means he´s also busy. Otherwise he would be making that call.

And Sherlock Holmes was the only one who could REALLY solve the cases. It took a small Belgium man with a mustaches. As almost impossible really to prove anything. So the more horrifying looks the more all the people trust. Or to be more precise, to respect the result no matter what it was.

I have been as close of proving a point as it is possible to prove. Aaaaaaarrrrgggh ! Who´s staring back at me in the mirror ?

Glad that Ng was sorted out. She always talks (plays) about being really gifted player. So if and when she is talking about that, that´s what she is. Was just time to go home.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 13 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The_Abbott

The joker got knocked out then. Maguire will be happy.

Postby vodkadiet

Kishan Hirani is being cheered on by his father Ronnie.

Postby TheSaviour

Allright, so fair play to Kishan Hirani as he progresses. That "no miss" -of snooker of his could be something I would be interested also. Only to develop it further or to tell what would be the benefits of taking some risks also. Meanwhile, Andy Hicks is locked up in a dog fight against Andy Lee. A Lee leads 3-2 but still a match on.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 08 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby kolompar

Himanshu Jain is in the last round, previously the closest he's been to getting on the tour was the 2012 Asian U21 where he reached the last 16. That was also Laxman Rawat's best tournament, where he reached the quarters and was 3 matches away from the tour, he equalled that twice here in Q School. All 3 Indians made the top 64 now.

Postby Alex0paul

Would like to see both Andy Lee and Simon Bedford get on having played against both in the English Open a few years ago

Postby roy142857

So Rory Thor regains his tour place. Andy Lee back on for the first time since about 2009 (and since his nationality change from England to Hong Kong?).

Am I right that the remaining winners of spots son the main Tour Ashley Carty and Kishan Hirani have never been on the main Tour before?

Postby Wildey

Q School Qualifiers

Hammad Miah age 24 Turned Pro 2013/2014 season 5th and 6th season on tour
Sam Craigie age 24 Turned Pro 2011/2012 season 4th and 5th season on tour
Sam Baird age 29 Turned Pro 2009/2010 season 9th and 10th season on tour
Jak Jones age 24 Turned Pro 2010/2011 season 6th and 7th season on tour
Jordan Brown age 30 Turned Pro 2009/2010 season 2nd and 3rd season on tour
Zhao Xintong age 21 Turned Pro 2016/2017 season 3rd and 4th season on tour
Craig Steadman age 35 Turned Pro 2009/2010 season 8th and 9th season on tour
Lu Ning age 24 Turned Pro 2014/2015 season 3rd and 4th season on tour
Thor Chuan Leong age 30 Turned Pro 2014/2015 season 5th and 6th season on tour
Kishan Hirani age 25 Turned Pro 2018/2019 season 1st and 2nd season on tour
Ashley Carty age 22 Turned Pro 2018/2019 season 1st and 2nd season on tour
Andy Lee age 37 Turned Pro 2008/2009 season 2nd and 3rd season on tour

Postby SteveJJ

Well, even if not all new names - for those who want younger players to come through, at least 7 of the 12 are under 25.

Postby SteveJJ

and with the three players banned from the tour for the foreseeable future, Poomjaeng, Lilley and Cahill should see a lot of invites as they are at the top of the order of merit.