Post a reply

Re: Q-School 2018

Postby The_Abbott

kolompar wrote:http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=46
Top 30 should be safe.

Thanks. This list would have been a better way to pick 12 players from.

The only think not recognised is you could lose 4-3 and hit 3 centuries and lose to a man that plays at snails pace with a highest break of 19. There is no reward for 'good' play.

Postby The_Abbott

bye bye Hicks. The clock ticks on Hicks.

Postby Deewee

The_Abbott wrote:
The only think not recognised is you could lose 4-3 and hit 3 centuries and lose to a man that plays at snails pace with a highest break of 19. There is no reward for 'good' play.

Why should it be recognized? You lost.

Postby The_Abbott

Deewee wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

it should be recognised on the order of merit though that's what I meant. points scored as well as frames won.

Postby Deewee

The_Abbott wrote:
Deewee wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

it should be recognised on the order of merit though that's what I meant. points scored as well as frames won.

I don't see why, a frame win is a frame win. It can take more skill to win a tight, safety-oriented frame than getting a century with everything open.

Postby SteveJJ

I see some people who played in the first two events arent taking part in the third. Wonder if thT was always their plan or its been a rude awakening for them about the level needed.

Postby Wildey

Q School Qualifiers

Hammad Miah age 24 Turned Pro 2013/2014 season 5th and 6th season on tour
Sam Craigie age 24 Turned Pro 2011/2012 season 4th and 5th season on tour
Sam Baird age 29 Turned Pro 2009/2010 season 9th and 10th season on tour
Jak Jones age 24 Turned Pro 2010/2011 season 6th and 7th season on tour
Jordan Brown age 30 Turned Pro 2009/2010 season 2nd and 3rd season on tour
Zhao Xintong age 21 Turned Pro 2016/2017 season 3rd and 4th season on tour
Craig Steadman age 35 Turned Pro 2009/2010 season 8th and 9th season on tour
Lu Ning age 24 Turned Pro 2014/2015 season 3rd and 4th season on tour

Postby Wildey

17 of the players that fell off tour last season entered Q School with 6 of them already securing a imediate Return

Postby Deewee

If they had the same system as last season, Poomjaeng, Lilley, Duffy and Simmonds would have been pros. Be interesting to see how they do.

Postby vodkadiet

The format could be improved in terms of the amount of frames played.

The first 2 rounds should be best of 19s. Sessions of 9 and 10 frames.

The next 2 rounds should be 3 sessions, best of 25s. Sessions of 8, 8, 9.

The penultimate round should be 4 sessions, best of 33s. Sessions of 8, 8, 8, 9.

The final round should be 4 sessions, best of 35s. Sessions of 8, 9, 8, 10.

Postby Deewee

Deewee wrote:If they had the same system as last season, Poomjaeng, Lilley, Duffy and Simmonds would have been pros. Be interesting to see how they do.

I stole this thought from somebody. I forget who

Postby TheSaviour

And so is Lu Ning on the main tour! Brilliant mathematician with a straight lines if the game has ever seen a one. Similar as the many Aussies are trying to play the game.

Life should be dangerous. The people should be afraid.

The warning has been issued.

:chin: :chin:

Poomjaeng was POOR in a much anticipated Xintong-match. Only some flashes of brilliance. Reminds that of someone...? Which, I admit were simply superb but overally a very poor performance.

Isn´t this all a bit lightweighted comparing what Edd China, for example, can do? Are we all a bit lightweighted. Just a thought. Well, the little kids are not even meant to make any sense and they certainly aren´t. But these are suppose to be a grown up men´s and a few womens also.

Just try to get in there and to take a responsibility no matter how depressing it would be. Just a bit of a bluff in order to make everything better.

Postby Wildey

So the final chance to make an impact has began and if someone makes a move and get high enough on the Order of Merit they have 10 events to get on to the tour for 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 seasons

Postby Wildey

The Gulf between the best ladies player and tour players im sad to say is massive Matthew Glasby won no frames before Q School 3 and yet competattive against Reane Evans this morning.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:The Gulf between the best ladies player and tour players im sad to say is massive Matthew Glasby won no frames before Q School 3 and yet competattive against Reane Evans this morning.

You are a mysogynistic pig. :no:

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:The Gulf between the best ladies player and tour players im sad to say is massive Matthew Glasby won no frames before Q School 3 and yet competattive against Reane Evans this morning.

You are a mysogynistic pig. :no:

your so kind <ok>

Postby Wildey

So thats that for Reanne Evans losing 4-3 to Matthew Glasby.

of course she will still have a chance of playing on the Chaallange tour at some point if players aboe her on the Order of Merit wont enter however she is well down the pecking Order with only 17 frames to her credit.

Postby SteveJJ

Heather Clare racks up 70 points in her 4-0 defeat today. Her second best points haul in 7 Q School Events.

Postby vodkadiet

Hans Blanckaert making good progress.....

Postby SteveJJ

vodkadiet wrote:Hans Blanckaert making good progress.....

Along with Kishan Hirani

Postby vodkadiet

SteveJJ wrote:

Along with Kishan Hirani

They are both playing 'no miss' snooker...

Postby Deewee

Yan Bingtao wearing a glove while playing in a Chinese tour event this week, that'll get the traditionalists whining. Zhou beat him 5-2 in the final.

Postby kolompar

SteveJJ wrote:I see some people who played in the first two events arent taking part in the third. Wonder if thT was always their plan or its been a rude awakening for them about the level needed.

Darryl Hill wasn't even in the draw for the third event :shrug:

Postby kolompar

Pleasant surprise to see Korea's Lee Daegyu do so well, probably done enough to get on the Challenge Tour now. Would be a good addition, although he's a bit slow, AST always over 30 seconds.

Postby vodkadiet

"When a naked man is chasing a female down an alley way with a Butcher's knife and a 'hard on' I figure he isn't collecting for The Red Cross."

Dirty Harry (1973).

Postby TheSaviour

vodkadiet wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

Along with Kishan Hirani

They are both playing 'no miss' snooker...

Kishan Hirani ? Might be, but what happens when the pressure in on. He isn´t that much of a stern job as someone like Mehta, Wattana, Poomjaeng or Pengfei from the Asia. Hirani looks slightly as a japanese which is always an EXTREMELY worrying sign sport-wise and a pressure-withstanding wise. But every credit to him trying to play like that and I know his nationality is welsh and everyone should always be giving the same opportunities. Which also is the case.

An out of the sorts Corey Deuel faces a red-hot Jamie Copie.

But yes I agree with you. Each certainly for their own. Someone like John Higgins plays so "intriguing", "interesting" and "brave" shots while on a century break.. Aaaaaargggh. But fair play to him as he has never even argued he would be a one to watch. Perhaps just trying to make a fortune and not even thinking or dreaming of trying to have much fans or an attention. And he´s just a one out of the many top top-players always making it as a boredom-contest. At least Kishan, YEE or Heather Clare isn´t doing anything like that.

And like Heather Clare used to state (if I read her right); every even an outrageous claim is a good one. As reading the history, the defeated soldiers might had their tongues cutted off. How to make any claims anymore after that ? Every even the most outrageous claim is a good one, but as I personally prefer, even better if putting some money where your mouth is. But not to have to do that. So why do have all the football jerseys on the sale.. ? To make Harry Kane or Jordan Henderson as a very unhappy man ? But like an another learn from the history (and everyone can have their completely own little knowledges and learnings from there), Adolf Hitler used to state and write that people always believes a one big lie easier than several little ones. True also.

So a completely free speak. I know a one person who is always trying to keep up and making just those claims. Really childish bragging but still some really spirited and correct thoughts. But when his norm-brake is two how he could otherwise be keeping up while someone else is 90. And that happens on a daily-basis, not once in a week or a month. Or a year. Evident. So evident. Fuscovic vs Sandgren as a Grand Slam final, or England to win the World Cup now. Just a matter of time as the big boys are losing it. Just a matter of time. No kidding from my part. Just a case of getting out kicking and punching. So I will be drinking some amounts of Energy Drinks again soon but that´s part of the game now.

Just a slight misunderstanding as usual. As not quite knowing what number is what number, what nationality is what nationality, or is that a bird or a fish.

I could be inviting Heather to make a visit. But I couldn´t quarentee what could be happening. As I have some weapons back home and while I am at sleep I might be very non-sensial and brave..

I said that I will be drinking some amounts of Energy Drinks and Coca Cola soon again but that´s part of the game now lol.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheSaviour wrote:

I could be inviting Heather to make a visit. But I couldn´t quarentee what could be happening. As I have some weapons back home and while I am at sleep I might be very non-sensial and brave..

I said that I will be drinking some amounts of Energy Drinks and Coca Cola soon again but that´s part of the game now lol.

The Saviour with firearms and energy drinks perturbs me.

Postby SteveJJ

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:

The Saviour with firearms and energy drinks perturbs me.

Someone should warn Heather....and the authorities

Postby SteveJJ

Jamie Cope the fastest to win this morning.

Alex Borg 3-1 down to Thor. Looks like it won't be 7th time qualifying for the tour for Borg. If he loses this he is nowhere near the challenge tour qualifying places.

Postby Deewee

Niva playing a lot faster than in the two previous events, might be random chance though