Post a reply

African Snooker Championship 2017

Postby roy142857

Some results, no idea there'll be more to follow ... been a bit difficult this year!

Libyan players had a horrendous Last 32 with 8 players crashing out - Milad Mohamed was playing another Libyan ...

Other than the countries represented below, only Mozambique also had players in the tournament.

Last 16

Mohamed Alaa (Egypt) 4 - 0 Milad Mohamed (Libya)
Peter Francisco (South Africa) 4 - 0 Aly Magdy (Egypt)

Chaouki Yousfi (Morocco) 4 - 3 Ahmed Elfoukery (Egypt)
Bassam Abdallah (Egypt) 4 - 2 Abdel Rahman Shahin (Egypt)

Faris Khan (South Africa) 4 - 0 Ahmed Galal (Egypt)
Monem Naffeti (Tunisia) 4 - 2 Mourad Naitali (Morocco)

Mohamed Ibrahim (Egypt) 4 - 0 Hisham Shawky (Egypt)
Wael Talaat (Egypt) 4 - 2 Gorge Hanna (Egypt)

Re: African Snooker Championship 2017

Postby roy142857

Quarter finals

Mohamed Alaa (Egypt) 4 - 5 Peter Francisco (South Africa)

Basem Abdallah Eltahhan(Egypt) beat Chaouki Yousfi (Morocco)

Monem Naffeti (Tunisia) beat Faris Khan (South Africa)

Wael Talaat (Egypt) beat Mohamed Ibrahim (Egypt)

Postby roy142857

Quarter finals with scores!

Mohamed Alaa (Egypt) 4 - 5 Peter Francisco (South Africa)

Basem Abdallah Eltahhan (Egypt) 5 - 2 Chaouki Yousfi (Morocco)

Monem Naffeti (Tunisia) 5 - 4 Faris Khan (South Africa)

Wael Talaat (Egypt) 5 - 1 Mohamed Ibrahim (Egypt)

Postby roy142857

Six Reds final was won by Mohamed Ibrahim of Egypt, beating Morocco's Chaouki Yousfi 7-6.

Anyone know if these two players each gain a spot at the WPBSA World Six Reds in Thailand (as in previous years)?

EDIT - sorry, Ibrahim beat Hisham Shouki in the final, also 7-6 (the above result being the semi final result, I confused the two matches when I was sent information about them ...

Re: FINAL LIVE African Snooker Championship 2017

Postby kolompar

Disappointed Abdelrahman Shahin lost, he did ok in the World U18 and U21 in 2015, though he might have gone out to the eventual champion. Naffeti also looks like a young player who could have a future on the main tour.

Postby TheSaviour

Good for him then. It is easy and looks easy if you just know what you are doing. The potential sponsors just might have some other ideas.

Written by a local expert. Well well, there still is a h.... of a lot on a menu. And that's a certain. It is just a matter of how to deal with it. I suppose that is a poor or a very poor news to many. Who have thought it is a played game already. They do play a high standards in Africa also.

Bouts of depression is always a 100% physical thing. There is nothing mental about it. That's why I have sometimes thought the game of snooker is finished already. Just physical bouts of depression. But the truth is it's still going strong! Just don't get stuck just following a few players or the countries while forgetting all the other continents and their brainy cultures and competition-spirits!

I don't know. One of my best mate for the last decade just moved from London to Norway. He did got a new job. And I didn't get any information considering it. Just probably never going to see him anymore.. Aaaargh! I suppose I have done something wrong. Well glad there still is the game of snooker, and the competitions like these.