Post a reply

Q School 2017

Postby SteveJJ

Thought I'd start the thread!

World Snooker usually publish the entry list as entries come in. The deadline for entry passed and it doesn't seem to be on the website yet.

Am I missing it?

Re: Q School 2017

Postby kolompar

Yeah, they don't have the worldsnookerqschool.com site anymore.
Deadline was extended to the 18th I think.

Postby SnookerEd25

kolompar wrote:Yeah, they don't have the worldsnookerqschool.com site anymore.
Deadline was extended to the 18th I think.

I believe you're right, presumably for those who drop off after WCQ is complete to submit their entries if they wish to do so.

Postby SnookerEd25

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Can Quinten Hann enter Q-School this year?

Andy Hicks rematch?

:bags:

Postby bluelagoon

Do they announce the wildcards for the new season before the q school deadline? Wonder if Jimmy White will enter q school or if he only hopes for the wildcard.

Postby PoolBoy

bluelagoon wrote:Do they announce the wildcards for the new season before the q school deadline? Wonder if Jimmy White will enter q school or if he only hopes for the wildcard.

Been announced - Jimmy and Ken got two-year-Wildcards. I think Wattana's still got a year left on his. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/39603356

Postby MarkoPiet

The draw is out!
World Snooker's piece
Event 1 (snooker.org)
Event 2 (snooker.org)

Former pros that have entered (the list might be incomplete)
Gareth Allen
Simon Bedford
James Cahill
Stephen Craigie
Jamie Cope
Alex Davies
Paul Davison
Tony Drago
Reanne Evans
Kacper Filipiak
Mike Hallett
Steven Hallworth
Andy Hicks
Darryl Hill
Duane Jones
Tony Knowles
Sanderson Lam
David Lilley
Lu Ning
Lyu Chenwei
Martin O'Donnell
Jamie O'Neill
Sean O'Sullivan
Lee Page
Fraser Patrick
Barry Pinches
Dessie Sheehan
Zak Surety
Joe Swail
Allan Taylor
Lucky Vatnani
Joel Walker
Jason Weston
Michael Wild
Sydney Wilson
Zhang Yong

Other players worth pointing out
Mateusz Baranowski
Oliver Brown
Ashley Carty
Greg Casey
Ryan Causton
Chen Zifan
Brian Cini
Jamie Clarke
Joshua Cooper
Corey Deuel
Lukas Kleckers
Ben Murphy
Heikki Niva
Ng On Yee
Andrei Orzan
Jackson Page
Andres Petrov
Andreas Ploner
Adam Stefanow
Mitchell Travis

So much talent but only 12 tour cards. It will be tough.
Last edited by MarkoPiet on 26 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SteveJJ

So of the players that have fallen off the tour this season those not to enter as far as I can see are:

Jamie Burnett
Dechewat Poomjaeng
Igor
Hatem Yassin
Itaro Santos

Postby Alex0paul

Tony Knowles and Mike Hallett will breeze through.

No Joe Swail :(

Postby eraserhead

SteveJJ wrote:So of the players that have fallen off the tour this season those not to enter as far as I can see are:

Jamie Burnett
Dechewat Poomjaeng
Igor
Hatem Yassin
Itaro Santos

:sad:

Postby PoolBoy

Alex0paul wrote:Tony Knowles and Mike Hallett will breeze through.

No Joe Swail :(

I'm sure i saw his name in the draw...

Postby GJ

PoolBoy wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:How many entrants then?

I counted 206 !!!

Any aussies ?

Postby MarkoPiet

206 is the correct number. No need to count, the calendar at snooker.org has the number.

Australia: Jamie Brown. There are quite a lot of players whose nationalities are unknown so there could be more.

Postby GJ

MarkoPiet wrote:206 is the correct number. No need to count, the calendar at snooker.org has the number.

Australia: Jamie Brown. There are quite a lot of players whose nationalities are unknown so there could be more.

<ok>

Postby SteveJJ

I can see this being a bumper year of ex pros getting back on tour (recent ex pros I mean, not Hallett and Knowles)

Postby kolompar

Tony Drago :happy: :happy: :happy:
Surprised he entered, looked completely retired. Hope he comes back stronger now after taking a year off.
Poom also taking a year off then, think he's had health issues so hope he's getting better.

MarkoPiet wrote:So much talent but only 12 tour cards. It will be tough.

A lot of good players but if you think about who could do well on tour there might not even be 12.

Shame it's mostly Brits but good to see Japanese youngster Keishin Kamihashi entered, and Corey Deuel giving it another go.

Postby mick745

I just hope that some youngsters break through rather than the same old faces from the former pro ranks who may have made little impression on their first tour attempts requalifying.

Some different nationalities would be great too!

Postby Tamctus

Just had a run through the draws and here are my picks for the players to go through:

Darryl Hill
Andy Hicks
James Cahill
Ashley Hugill
Zhang Yong
Jamie Cope
Zack Richardson
Jackson Page

Made a similar prediction two years ago and got none right so I'd obviously be happy to get even just one right this time. There is so much quality though that it's near impossible to predict who'll come through. Exciting times!

Postby Alex0paul

Most likely a couple of 40+ UK based players

Postby TheSaviour

Mike Hallet has zero chances.. He isn´t that good anymore. Even his commentating is pretty odd. Ronnie is following his footsteps <doh> <doh> Or then it can well be a great idea. Who knows. Ronnie´s commentating can also be pretty odd. But he can afford doing that, and probably those are his authentic views. Anyone who has authentic views can speak out loud and it´s perfectly okay.

And what is Jimmy White´s situation and position right now?

Barry Pinches can well make it. Lu Ning is interesting. Tony Drago used to play such a standards on his day. But those days are long gone now. TD played some amazing standards against for example Jimmy White. You can find those matches on Youtube.

Overally I think this isn´t that much important anymore. Having that playing licence or not doesn´t make much different, unless your name is Mark Selby. Because it is the big one that counts. All these players and people involved here can well work much with the game regardless if they are having that licence or not. Someone like Jimmy White just can´t have that success in Sheffield anymore. So he can well be out of the tour as well.

Financially it obviously makes a big difference. Or can make it. The results does the telling. I was just pointing out solely the sporting point of view.

Postby TheSaviour

Andres Petrov from Estonia has looked like someone who has the cue ball on the string. And looking that list again, obviously Joe Swail stands out as a really good match player. He plays with a slow, killing rhytm. And not missing much anything.

And then there are some exotic new-comers from the exotic countiries, such as Heikki Niva from Finland. And some players from the Arabian Peninsula. They will most likely struggle out there.

I am all done with the usual suspects and looking forward to work with the some new-comers. John Higgins should had closed out that final while 10-4 up. Easier said than done. Mark isn´t that much more superior. He just has that will to battle back. I again made some money him but I am not glad at all. I should had done something differently. Easier said than done.. And if the odds would be more okay some day. Never mind. But I have heard they have some talents. Like Reanne Evans have. For the lyrics she drop eh.. But we will perhaps see it then.. I know to where I would put my money on. Even a few days can be a long, long time. At least with some people I work with. There is no other reason why this tournament couldn´t be good also.

It always would be my advantage to see some shocking results out there. I just know those will not happen. That´s just common sense, nothing else. But I know I can always fair myself really well if there will be some cracking results. It is just not happening, so it is a dissappointing. To me. Overally it can work well if the results will be what they have always been.

Postby Wildey

Next Tuesday 206 Players will be starting out on a quest to join the main tour some trying to get on tour again and others for the first time.

All of them have a dream and most been watching Mark Selby win the World Championship for the 3rd time and realise the difficulty they will face if they get on tour.

the action gets underway at 9am http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?tz ... emplate=45 and especially for Snookerfan first up is former top 16 player and Crucible semi finalist up against LU NING who impressed snookerfan when as a wild card he beat Shaun Murphy 5-2 with back to back centuries but as a pro he won just 12 Matches in 2 seasons

Postby likahokeith

One of the player I'm still not sure, that's Yu Han. I've asked for this player's information, but no detail information yet; but in Chinese, the last name is on the front, if that's Han Yu from China, that will be the first female pool player attend Q School.

Did anybody get this player's detail?

Postby PoolBoy

likahokeith wrote:One of the player I'm still not sure, that's Yu Han. I've asked for this player's information, but no detail information yet; but in Chinese, the last name is on the front, if that's Han Yu from China, that will be the first female pool player attend Q School.

Did anybody get this player's detail?

The player is listed as female on Snooker.org - so, it's very likely to be the pool player!

Postby mick745

I would like to see Kacper Filipiak get through.

Does an one know if Dave Harold's name is on the list? I remember reading somewhere that he believed he had retired too soon and would seek to return.

Postby PoolBoy

mick745 wrote:I would like to see Kacper Filipiak get through.

Does an one know if Dave Harold's name is on the list? I remember reading somewhere that he believed he had retired too soon and would seek to return.

No sign of Dave Harold's name on the list. :sad: