Post a reply

Re: Q School 2017

Postby Wildey

Ng On Yee race is run

wont be getting top up places either

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet wrote:I wonder how many players are leaving the venue now thinking "Well, what a waste of £600 that was! I am completely useless!"

Better to live a day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:I wonder how many players are leaving the venue now thinking "Well, what a waste of £600 that was! I am completely useless!"

none i hope

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker's answer to 'William of Orange' , 'William Lemons' squeezes out a 4-3 victory....

Postby Alex0paul

vodkadiet wrote:Snooker's answer to 'William of Orange' , 'William Lemons' squeezes out a 4-3 victory....

I would have loved to have seen Bjorn L'Oranje play William Lemons. It would have been a plum draw pitting pearing together two players that would never be a seed. The crowd would have gone bananas

Postby Dannyboy

PoolBoy wrote:The female Chinese 9-ball supremo hasn't appeared, so is out.

Obviously, I don't know her circumstances, but what a waste of £600 plus cancelled hotel reservations etc.
Perhaps she had a sponsor who was 'footing the bill'?!

But, back at the actual action, Darryl Hill has now officially dropped-off the Tour after his defeat this-afternoon.

Probably couldn't get a visa.

Postby TheSaviour

But did you saw the maximum yesterday from the german tennis player Florian Mayer? Oh or was it just Germany’s Lukas Kleckers who secured a place on the World Snooker Tour by defeating Martin O’Donnell 4-1.

I don´t know. Somehow you would just expect a slightly different kind of results. You could assume many players who are supposed to of having a poor temperament but some cracking playing abilities actually still should have better results. BECAUSE they have come through from the tournaments where they have defeated a scores of players who are supposed to of having a good temperament. So it´s not about they even should learn anything or to change anything, it´s just a common sense from the past. Perhaps they are just sufferering from a dementia. Which is highly unlikely. So the results just are what the results are. But obviously it will be even more sweater when they start to have those results when they are a heavy favourites. Then even I can have a few laughs. People shoud just have a grip. And to finally decide at least even something. Instead of just allowing it to roll and to roll and to roll and to roll. If I would just know the angle it is always coming from I could be having my normal feelings back. Instead of having absolutely no clue. About how do they play such a results. I would just have to know the angle. Only then there could be some genuine developments. Now it is just really poor and a complete lottery.

That´s why I don´t do the prediction contests. I just don´t have a clue. Which kills my normal feelings. If I could just know that angle, I could be having a lot´s of things back.

Meanwhile, looking forward to that, I could have a few pints with Ronnie senior. Inviting him to my place. I will first just have to hide all the kitchen knives.

Sorry.

He did his time, and now he is 100% free to do anything he just want´s to. I wish we all could have that possibility. Instead of listening and watching that usual rubbish.

Postby PoolBoy

Ahead of today's action, the 'top 8' in the Order-of-Merit:

Paul Davison 26
William Lemons 26
Sean O'Sullivan 24
Daniel Ward 23
------------------------------
Ma Tingpeng 23
Jamie Cope 22
Simon Bedford 22
Martin O'Donnell 21

Postby kolompar

Dannyboy wrote:

Obviously, I don't know her circumstances, but what a waste of £600 plus cancelled hotel reservations etc.

But, back at the actual action, Darryl Hill has now officially dropped-off the Tour after his defeat this-afternoon.

So was it really her?

Postby amateur_snooker_147

For the past 5/6 years I have played in the same comps as Billy Castle (Cuestars) - in which he topped the rankings this year (see link). He is indeed the cousin of Shane.

https://www.cuestars.co.uk/championship-tour/

He is a quick player and a rapid scorer and hopefully will have a decent impact on the tour. From what I have heard, he does not practice on a Star either, which is impressive considering he has qualified straight away from QS1.

Postby kolompar

And it's over for Tony Drago, 4-1 loss to Alex Taubman :sad:

Postby vodkadiet

Alex0paul wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Snooker's answer to 'William of Orange' , 'William Lemons' squeezes out a 4-3 victory....

I would have loved to have seen Bjorn L'Oranje play William Lemons. It would have been a plum draw pitting pearing together two players that would never be a seed. The crowd would have gone bananas

It is a shame Daryl Peach didn't have a crack at Q School. Then again, if he had played Lemons and lost, and then complained afterwards, it may have appeared to be Sour Grapes!

Postby PoolBoy

kolompar wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

So was it really her?

I reckon it probably was. It would be a remarkable coincidence if there was another player called Yu Han who is also female....but, China is a HUGE place! <laugh>

Yeah, Tony Drago's on his way home - perhaps he should hang-up his cue!
And, also this morning, a straightforward 4-0 win for Martin O'Donnell, which moves him up to 3rd in the Order of Merit.

Paul Davison 26
William Lemons 26
Martin O'Donnell 25
Sean O'Sullivan 24
Daniel Ward 23
Ma Tingpeng 23
Jamie Cope 22
Simon Bedford 22

Postby vodkadiet

Alex0paul wrote:

Almost, but not quite: http://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/bjor ... ve-lemmens

Postby PoolBoy

Latest Order of Merit - this is how it will remain, overnight...

1. Paul Davison 26
2. William Lemons 26
3. Martin O'Donnell 25
4. Sean O'Sullivan 24
5= Daniel Ward 23
5= Ross Valance 23
7. Ma Tingpeng 23
8. Jamie Cope 22

Postby The_Abbott

Tony Drago may as well give up now and just do exhibitions.

Reanne is through to round 2 with a 4-1 win.

Postby PoolBoy

That's a good result for Reanne - and, she's got a very 'winnable' game next - against the Maltese player, Aaron Busuttil.

Postby roy142857

Impressed Mateusz Baranowski managed to come from behind, had doubts about his mental strength in the past in things like EBSA tournaments ... maybe reached a turning point?

Postby amateur_snooker_147

PoolBoy wrote:That's a good result for Reanne - and, she's got a very 'winnable' game next - against the Maltese player, Aaron Busuttil.

The trouble is she will likely be against Paul Davison next, I would be surprised if she came come through that :|

Postby mick745

PoolBoy wrote:Latest Order of Merit - this is how it will remain, overnight...

1. Paul Davison 26
2. William Lemons 26
3. Martin O'Donnell 25
4. Sean O'Sullivan 24
5= Daniel Ward 23
5= Ross Valance 23
7. Ma Tingpeng 23
8. Jamie Cope 22

Lemons plays Jamie Rhys Clarke next so that is an important one for the order of merit, as is Ross Vallance v Paul Davison.

Postby mick745

92 foul points in one frame (the fourth) of the Tyler Rees v Richard Beckham match today!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

mick745 wrote:92 foul points in one frame (the fourth) of the Tyler Rees v Richard Beckham match today!

Must be a record - never heard of anything like that

Postby vodkadiet

mick745 wrote:92 foul points in one frame (the fourth) of the Tyler Rees v Richard Beckham match today!

Where did you find this out?

Postby mick745

vodkadiet wrote:

It was retweeted by snooker.org tonight, sorry i don't have a link. Can't verify the info but the frame score was 96-83 to Rees

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/ ... 17-event-2

Postby vodkadiet

mick745 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

It was retweeted by snooker.org tonight, sorry i don't have a link. Can't verify the info but the frame score was 96-83 to Rees

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/ ... 17-event-2

Cheers. I saw the frame score and thought that was nearly a record!

Postby Ronnie79

That Davison is gonna make it back on tour ffs his is useless. Very disappointed with Hallworth he has to get the tour card round to have any chance of qualifying.

Postby The_Abbott

Simon Bedford is out. Beaten by Duane Jones who looks like he could win his quarter of the draw,

Postby The_Abbott

Ronnie79 wrote:That Davison is gonna make it back on tour ffs his is useless. Very disappointed with Hallworth he has to get the tour card round to have any chance of qualifying.

Davison is consistently mediocre so always has a chance of getting back on the tour.

Postby PoolBoy

I wouldn't mind seeing a player from Northern Ireland making it through - as there is currently only going to be a single player from that country, on the Tour (Mark Allen).

On a professional Tour of (it looks like 132 players), to have just one player is a poor 'return' for a country that's produced two World Champions!