Post a reply

Re: Q School 2017

Postby Alex0paul

Defeat for Lemons could see him squeezed out of the top 4

Postby PoolBoy

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jamie cope gone.

Sore one for Jamie Cope! Can see him packing it all in.

Off-the-Tour and nowhere near getting any wild-cards - he's effectively on the snooker scrap-heap!

Postby kolompar

Sad to see Cope lose. He's a bit similar to Drago in terms of playing style, his whole career and this Q School run too. Seemed to be scoring well in the first event, should have never lost to Paul Davison.

Postby vodkadiet

Alex0paul wrote:Defeat for Lemons could see him squeezed out of the top 4

He must have played like a lemon. It started promisingly in Q school 1, and now it has all turned sour.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 17 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

Tony Knowles on course to securing his tour card. Just 4 wins away now.

Postby mick745

Also definitely now lost their tour cards are Jason Weston and Michael Wild.

Postby vodkadiet

Dean Reynolds once said of Weston after losing to him "It will be interesting to see if he will be playing snooker in a few years time, or down at the Jobcentre'.

And that reminds me, I believe dean Reynolds was the only player to play in the World Championship qualifiers whilst serving a prison sentence.

Postby mick745

16 of the 'relegated' 21 pros took to Q School, 4 have gone out and lose their cards, Jason Weston, Michael Wild, Darryl Hill and Jamie Cope.

1 requalified from QS1 - Allan Taylor

Still 8 places up for grabs.

The remaining 11 are still there and their opponents next up are:

Joe Swail v Jamie Brown
Martin O'Donnell v Ashley Carty
Sean O'Sullivan v Zack Richardson
Paul S Davison v Ross Vallance
Sanderson Lam v Luke Simmonds
Zhang Yong v Farakh Ajaib
Duane Jones v Peter Delaney
Sydney Wilson v Alex Taubman
Fraser Patrick v Joel Walker
James Cahill v James Silverwood
Gareth Allen v Michael Williams

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:Dean Reynolds once said of Weston after losing to him "It will be interesting to see if he will be playing snooker in a few years time, or down at the Jobcentre'.

And that reminds me, I believe dean Reynolds was the only player to play in the World Championship qualifiers whilst serving a prison sentence.

How did he played if he was serving a prison sentence ?.

Postby Ronnie79

Hope Jamie Clarke makes it he should beat Knowles and he has won a nice few frames. He could even make the order of merit

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Dean Reynolds once said of Weston after losing to him "It will be interesting to see if he will be playing snooker in a few years time, or down at the Jobcentre'.

he was tagged

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/snoo ... 84678.html

Postby mick745

mick745 wrote:16 of the 'relegated' 21 pros took to Q School, 4 have gone out and lose their cards, Jason Weston, Michael Wild, Darryl Hill and Jamie Cope.

1 requalified from QS1 - Allan Taylor

Still 8 places up for grabs.

The remaining 11 are still there and their opponents next up are:

Joe Swail v Jamie Brown
Martin O'Donnell v Ashley Carty
Sean O'Sullivan v Zack Richardson
Paul S Davison v Ross Vallance
Sanderson Lam v Luke Simmonds
Zhang Yong v Farakh Ajaib
Duane Jones v Peter Delaney
Sydney Wilson v Alex Taubman
Fraser Patrick v Joel Walker
James Cahill v James Silverwood
Gareth Allen v Michael Williams

Gareth Allen wins 4-0 in double quick time. Andres Petrov for him next.

Postby The_Abbott

Shame Jamie Cope is out but I don't think he's on the scrapheap yet. He still might finish in the Top 10 and depending on how many of the pros pull out of tournaments than he may enter some. A year out might do him some good and sort his game out.

Paul Davison is 2-0 up. How does he play so well in Q school but play rubbish between June and April each year?

Postby The_Abbott

Geez I got the scores up and it seems no one can get a break of more than 10 at the moment!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Paul Davison is 2-0 up. How does he play so well in Q school but play rubbish between June and April each year?[/quote]

Difference in standard?

Postby mick745

4-0 wins for Reanne Evans and Paul Davison this morning. They play each other next.

Postby mick745

Sean O'Sullivan squeaks through 4-3 v Zack Richardson from 1-3 down. He plays Kacper Filipiak next.

Postby PoolBoy

mick745 wrote:4-0 wins for Reanne Evans and Paul Davison this morning. They play each other next.

That's an unlucky draw for Reanne!
I see they've actually played once before - with Davison winning 4-1.
And, If he wins this match he'd be on 34 points and will be in a very strong position for an immediate return to the Tour.

Postby The_Abbott

Bazza Pinches goes through with a 4-0 win. Must be a big favourite to win his quarter now.

The top quarter seems to be the easiest with the middle two quarters the more difficult to predict.

Postby kolompar

Corey Deuel made a 74 coming back from 3-1 down but lost the decider to Nikolas Charalambous.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The_Abbott wrote:Bazza Pinches goes through with a 4-0 win. Must be a big favourite to win his quarter now.

The top quarter seems to be the easiest with the middle two quarters the more difficult to predict.

Good - Barry's elegance would be the tour's loss.

Postby likahokeith

According to last year, players qualified from Q School Order of Merit are more than 30 points, so I think Paul Davison is almost in the house

Postby mick745

Jackson Page beats Andreas Ploner.

Duane Jones also through to play Declan Brennan - don't know too much about Declan.

Hu Hao still with a good chance of getting on the order of merit, wins 4-0 also, and will play Ian Martin.

Postby vodkadiet

Wildey wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

he was tagged

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/snoo ... 84678.html

Yes, sorry, my memory is fading!

Without checking the result, I think he lost 10-7 to Jimmy White in the next round.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Bazza Pinches goes through with a 4-0 win. Must be a big favourite to win his quarter now.

Good - Barry's elegance would be the tour's loss.

Anyone but Pinches. He is the most boring person/player I have ever seen play.

Postby Alex0paul

likahokeith wrote:It seems that there is no Scottish players survived in Q School.

Better luck next time

Postby TheSaviour

So it is (selected)
Alex taubman vs Sydney Wilson
Kacper Filippa vs Sean O´Sullivan
Reanne Evans vs Paul S Davison
"the Estonia`s Ronnie O`Sullivan, cue ball on the string" Andres Petrov vs Gareth Allen
Oliver Brown vs Barry Pinches
Lu "the angles" Ning vs Phil O´Kane
Joe Swail vs Zak Surety

Seems that all those players I selected before it started have leave it a bit late, and going through a lucky losers. But eventually still the class and (my prediction experience) does the telling. Well I never thought I would root all these just for absolutely none knowledge about the game or the players. I am just terribly sorry I have not been able to followed it up like obviously I should had. I don´t know what went wrong. Or do I?? But it isn´t necessarily still too late.

My predictions and knowledge are just always based on facts rather than the intuition. Lot´s of fancy big companies making all those predictions possible can´t get the back-ups any better than I have had. Obviously they still are people to root in many ways. It is just that the big questions are yet to be answered at all. But it is so because the science progresses like it progresses. It can´t go any faster than it goes.

The problem just is with this that it won´t make much sense even when they progresses. Only the Worlds is what everyone are really fancing these days. There are people like Stephen Hendry or Steve Davis still awaiting the wild cards. They feel they didn´t quite get the farewells they would had deserved. Which wild cards to the World´s Barry could well even give them. The experience does the telling but even that isn´t sure. That´s why also there is a science. But if science won´t progress any faster it just won´t. It is like if you feared to die, the face turn pale. Which could work well if otherwise alcohol giving you a red face.. So these things might well be discussed. Even if it would controversial or philosophical..