Post a reply

Re: Q SCHOOL 1

Postby Wildey

spot 3

Adam Wicheard He hasent had a great season back in the Amataur Ranks on the PTC Circuit his win over Mark King 4-2 in European Tour 1 being his best scalp of the season.

Gareth Green Gareth is another where im surprised hes got this far hes hardly been a consistant performer on the PTC Circuit and only played in the UK PTC Events with no notable scalps .

Darren Cook he played on the PIOS for 2 seasons 2007/2008 and 2008/2009 without great success winning 9 matches in 14 events and then nothing until this week now hes 2 wins away from the Main Tour thanks to Mike Dunn apparently.

Lee Page he has played on the Main Tour twice 2006/2007 and 2009/2010 winning only 3 Matches in total but thoes were in the days before Barry Hearn. otherwise he was on the PIOS Tour and defeated the likes of Martin Gould, Matthew Selt and Jamie Jones. This season has not been very productive for him winning just 4 matches in 7 events.

spot 4

Matthew Day Day is one of the better amataurs having played on the PIOS in 2008/09 and 2009/10 in the first season of PTC he only played 2 events without winning a frame but he has been a regular for the last 2 season reaching the last 64 3 times his best win was a 4-3 win against Dominic Dale in UK PTC 2 Last 128.

Hammad Miah Before this week he hadent won a match in the 3 PTC he entered Loosing twice to Gareth Allen and once to Oliver Lines all 4 frames to 2. Never Entered Q School before and now hes 2 wins away from the Main Tour.

Shane Castle Shane has played on the PTC Circuit for the last 2 seasons but this is his first Q School possibly his best performance was pushing Mark Allen to 4-2 in PTC 10 2011.

Kishan Hirani He played PIOS in 2008/2009 and 2009/2010 without much success and the same can be said of his move in to PTC For the last 3 seasons with a Last 128 being his best finish on 9 ocations he entered Q School last year and won only 4 frames in 3 events.

Postby Wildey

at the end of Today the next 4 men taking their place on the main tour will have been settled.

but who will they be?

Elliot Slessor 1-0 Sanderson Lam
Chris Wakelin 2-0 Jeff Cundy

Mitchell Travis 0-1 Raymond Fry
Alex Davies 2-1 David Morris

Adam Wicheard 1-0 Gareth Green
Darren Cook 1-0 Lee Page

Matthew Day 1-1 Hammad Miah
Shane Castle 1-2 Kishan Hirani

Postby Wildey

Elliot Slessor 2-1 Sanderson Lam
Chris Wakelin 3-0 Jeff Cundy

Mitchell Travis 0-1 Raymond Fry
Alex Davies 3-2 David Morris

Adam Wicheard 1-1 Gareth Green
Darren Cook 1-2 Lee Page

Matthew Day 1-3 Hammad Miah
Shane Castle 3-2 Kishan Hirani

Postby roy142857

Interesting to note some of the players doing well are those who've done well in English Snookers Under 21 Series, Premier Junior Tour and Under 21 Championship.

The main exception (to doing well) being Oliver Lines, who won the Series, beating Shane Castle in the final. Castle had beaten Slessor in the quarters. The semi finalists were James Cahill (already qualified for the Pro Tour) and Jake Nicholson. Wakelin and Miah are due to meet in the Under 21 Championship final. Slessor lost the semi by a single frame to Miah (the other semi-finalist was Lines). Cahill won the Premier Junior Tour, runner up was Sanderson Lam, Ashley Carty was 3rd, Shane Castle 4th, Elliot Slessor 5th and Oliver Lines 6th.

Postby roy142857

Kishan Hirani looks to be finding form when it matters - he was Welsh Under 21 Champion in 2012, but only 6th ranked under 21 player in Wales this year (10th on the senior rankings)

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 14th of May

10am

Elliot Slessor 4-1 Sanderson Lam
Chris Wakelin 4-1 Jeff Cundy

Mitchell Travis 2-2 Raymond Fry
Alex Davies 4-2 David Morris

Adam Wicheard 2-4 Gareth Green
Darren Cook 1-4 Lee Page

Matthew Day 2-4 Hammad Miah
Shane Castle 3-4 Kishan Hirani

3pm

Elliot Slessor v Chris Wakelin
Mitchell Travis/Raymond Fry v Alex Davies
Gareth Green v Lee Page
Hammad Miah v Kishan Hirani

Alex Davies is having a long wait to find out who hes playing 4 and a bit frames in almost 3 hours with the Match that determines the Qualifiers kicking off in about 2 Hours at 3pm.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 14th of May

10am

Elliot Slessor 4-1 Sanderson Lam
Chris Wakelin 4-1 Jeff Cundy

Mitchell Travis 4-2 Raymond Fry
Alex Davies 4-2 David Morris

Adam Wicheard 2-4 Gareth Green
Darren Cook 1-4 Lee Page

Matthew Day 2-4 Hammad Miah
Shane Castle 3-4 Kishan Hirani

3pm

Elliot Slessor v Chris Wakelin
Mitchell Travis v Alex Davies
Gareth Green v Lee Page
Hammad Miah v Kishan Hirani

here we go then the most important match of these 8 players career being part of the expanding World Tour.

Alex Davies and Lee Page has had previous experience as a Pro but never with the opportunity they will get this year if they qualify.

Postby roy142857

Don't know if Gareth Green successfully defended his Bradford Snooker Championship title last Saturday, but this is a bit of a step up ...

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:Don't know if Gareth Green successfully defended his Bradford Snooker Championship title last Saturday, but this is a bit of a step up ...

yea his PTC Record nothing to shout home about and not entered Q School before

Postby Kev

roy142857 wrote:Don't know if Gareth Green successfully defended his Bradford Snooker Championship title last Saturday, but this is a bit of a step up ...

Yes he did 4-0 i was there :-)

Postby roy142857

Kev wrote:

Thanks Kev - four in a row now? At least one final against yourself ...

Did you think he'd do this well at Q School?

Postby Wildey

ok it seems they are away before allotted time Gareth Green and Lee Page yet to start though

Postby Wildey

Elliot Slessor 1-0 Chris Wakelin

Postby Kev

roy142857 wrote:
Kev wrote:

Yes four it is, he is also later on 1st June defending Bradford doubles title with his brother Anthony but I hope to stop that :)
Gareth can play the game for sure he seems to have that win factor about him digging deep when it matters his key strength, I thought he would win his 2nd round game and maybe his third but a brilliant win against Adam surprised me, Adam is a fantastic scorer so anything can happen now but if it goes the distance my money would be on gaz he is a good digger for sure.

Postby Wildey

Kev wrote:
roy142857 wrote:
Kev wrote:

Yes four it is, he is also later on 1st June defending Bradford doubles title with his brother Anthony but I hope to stop that :)
Gareth can play the game for sure he seems to have that win factor about him digging deep when it matters his key strength, I thought he would win his 2nd round game and maybe his third but a brilliant win against Adam surprised me, Adam is a fantastic scorer so anything can happen now but if it goes the distance my money would be on gaz he is a good digger for sure.

not taking anything away from him but every one of the players in Q School can play the game some to a higher level than others.....how ambitious is he because hes not once entered a European PTC i get that its expensive but even so there's been 18 European PTC in 3 years ambition surely means that someone puts their feet in hot water every so often.

Postby Wildey

Mitchell Travis 0-1 Alex Davies
Gareth Green 0-0 Lee Page
Hammad Miah 1-0 Kishan Hirani

Postby Kev

Gareth has a full time job and works funny shift patterns, I think the company that he works for has entered him into some events and this years Q school other than that he would still be playing just locally. he is far from full time practicing a few hours a week so i am told.

Postby Wildey

Kev wrote:Gareth has a full time job and works funny shift patterns, I think the company that he works for has entered him into some events and this years Q school other than that he would still be playing just locally. he is far from full time practicing a few hours a week so i am told.

in 2 hours will he be handling in his notice if he gets on tour and going to Bulgaria early june i wander.

Postby Kev

haha something tells me he will just carry on working and playing, without his company sponsoring him he wouldnt be playing in any of these events that i know.

Its a tough road and hes not there yet, lee like all the others on there day are more than capable of beating anyone...fingers crossed for him its always nice to have one less player in my way at local events here in Bradford :p

Postby Wildey

Elliot Slessor 2-0 Chris Wakelin
Hammad Miah 1-1 Kishan Hirani

Postby Kev

I would have thought these matches would have been streamed :(

Postby Wildey

Kev wrote:haha something tells me he will just carry on working and playing, without his company sponsoring him he wouldnt be playing in any of these events that i know.

Its a tough road and hes not there yet, lee like all the others on there day are more than capable of beating anyone...fingers crossed for him its always nice to have one less player in my way at local events here in Bradford :p

yup Lee Page been there before but in the bad old days winning a total of 3 matches in 15 events in the 2 times he got on tour.

this time he would play in double that in one season.

Postby Wildey

Elliot Slessor is 3-0 up on Chris Wakelin main tour beckons

Postby Wildey

Elliot Slessor 3-0 Chris Wakelin
Gareth Green 0-1 Lee Page

Postby Wildey

Mitchell Travis 0-2 Alex Davies
Gareth Green 0-2 Lee Page
Hammad Miah 2-1 Kishan Hirani

Postby Wildey

Elliot Slessor 4-0 Chris Wakelin

so the first Q School graduate 2013 is Elliot Slessor

Postby Wildey

Hammad Miah 3-1 Kishan Hirani

Postby Wildey

Mitchell Travis 0-3 Alex Davies

Alex spent 2007/2008 on the main tour playing in the era of 6 events its all change now if he gets back on

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 14th of May

3pm

Elliot Slessor 4-0 Chris Wakelin
Mitchell Travis 1-4 Alex Davies
Gareth Green 0-4 Lee Page
Hammad Miah 4-1 Kishan Hirani

so Q School 1 is over with Lee Page and Alex Davies having another crack at it and Elliot Slessor and Hammad Miah for the first time.

Postby Dannyboy

Kev wrote:haha something tells me he will just carry on working and playing, without his company sponsoring him he wouldnt be playing in any of these events that i know.

I think that's a wise move. Although the rewards for winning matches are far higher for new pros, the tour is a minefield for the rookie. And if you don't having the backing, the luck and most importantly, the game, you'll be left out of pocket, let alone supporting yourself and your family . There is no room for part timers these days.