Post a reply

Re: Q School 2012

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:Davison and Lawler need to up their win rate from last year - 31% and 33% respectively - but a lot of players who were worse than that. I think they've proved in Q School they can still play and are worthy of a place, time will tell if they can do anything with it.

yup its all very well and good saying they farty journeymen but the younger players all had 3 chances to get there and these 2 players did ..

its up to other players to send them in to retirement

Postby Wildey

with Stephen Hendry's name still down as a 2012/2013 tour player that effectively means Jordan Brown might play in every ranking event ??

Postby gaz147

He is while Jogia is suspended anyway. I am ranked 4th according to Sue at World Snooker. Gutted that I am playing in Latvia otherwise I would be in the first 2 tournaments myself. Hopefully I will be in more throughout the season.

Postby JIMO96

With Hendry being in the published "list of players" for next season, it throws up more questions than answers (as with most WSA announcements recently!).

Personally, I think Hendry's retirement effectively reduces the tour to 98, and that WSA will be in no rush to restore it to 99. As for the inclusion of the highest finishers on the Q School list, I'm sure they'll only take names from this list to top it up to 96. So Jordan Brown is no cert to play in anything.....although, as we know, there'll be multiple withdrawals from the Australian Open, so a few Q School guys will get into that.

The knowledge revealed above that Gareth Allen is 4th on the Q School list tells me that frames must have been awarded for walkovers, because only Brown, Donaldson and Gunnell can be above him on this system.

Therefore:

1. Jordan Brown 44
2. Scott Donaldson 37
3. Adrian Gunnell 34
4. Gareth Allen 34 (don't know what criteria is used to separate Gunnell & Allen here)
5. & 6. Duane Jones & Fraser Patrick 33
7. Ashley Wright 32
8. Ryan Causton 31
9. Michael Wild 30
10.-13. Allan Taylor, Justin Astley, Jeff Cundy & Lucky Vatnani 29
14.-16. Adrian Ridley, Lee Spick & Nick Jennings 27

Can't see invites extending any lower than this, all we've heard so far is that "most" of the top 16 haven't entered Australia. Does "most" mean at least 9 of them? Or does "most" mean Higgins, Williams & O'Sullivan?

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:can we be sure that plenty of non top 16 guys have entered too?

well gareth allen who is in 4th position was offered a place in Wuxi so its safe to say Jordan Brown,Scott Donaldson and Adrian Gunnell will be there.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:

well gareth allen who is in 4th position was offered a place in Wuxi so its safe to say Jordan Brown,Scott Donaldson and Adrian Gunnell will be there.

It's safe to say they have been offered one. Now whether they have accepted it, is to be seen. We just need to wait and see the draw. Should come out any time now.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

It's safe to say they have been offered one. Now whether they have accepted it, is to be seen. We just need to wait and see the draw. Should come out any time now.

Draw is out with 4 Places up for Grabs no confirmation who they are although i think Jordan Brown who has said on Twitter he will be entering is pretty safe Bet.

Postby roy142857

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Scott is down for the EBSA event leastways unless he's a late withdrawal. Would imagine both him and Gaz would like to be in two places at once right now ...

Postby Roland

To be honest, in Scott's position if he's number 2 on the Q School list, and if the Q School extras are eligible for ranking points then he's better off missing the EASB event because he'll get into every ranking event you'd think. Especially as Hendry's absense will gift Jordan Brown a place in every event.

Postby Witz78

i disagree Sonny

its good career development for Scott to play in this prestigious event plus have the chance to earn the right to be on tour as of right rather than as a lucky loser.

Hes going to get plenty of main tour events to play in this year anyway.

Postby kenneth79

Sonny wrote:To be honest, in Scott's position if he's number 2 on the Q School list, and if the Q School extras are eligible for ranking points then he's better off missing the EASB event because he'll get into every ranking event you'd think. Especially as Hendry's absense will gift Jordan Brown a place in every event.

Disagree. Firstly I highly doubt they will be given ranking points. Secondly the draws will only be topped up to 96 NOT 99 players if there is shortage. I think Scott will play euro event.

Postby Wildey

kenneth79 wrote:
Sonny wrote:To be honest, in Scott's position if he's number 2 on the Q School list, and if the Q School extras are eligible for ranking points then he's better off missing the EASB event because he'll get into every ranking event you'd think. Especially as Hendry's absense will gift Jordan Brown a place in every event.

Disagree. Firstly I highly doubt they will be given ranking points. Secondly the draws will only be topped up to 96 NOT 99 players if there is shortage. I think Scott will play euro event.

good point there is infact 99 pros so that means jordan brown is not guaranteed to play in rankers He will only Play in Rankers if the participants drop bellow 96 so in effect 4 Main Tour Players has to drop off Not counting Hendry so with Jogia suspension and the EASB place not filled yet there are still 97 Main Tour players.

Postby Roland

I didn't realise it was only being topped up to 96. I thought each withdrawal would mean a replacement. Just discussing it with Matt on twitter, he doesn't think they should be given ranking points either. I think it's a load of nonsense. What's the point in entering if given the opportunity if you're not going to have a chance to score ranking points?

Postby kenneth79

Sonny wrote:I didn't realise it was only being topped up to 96. I thought each withdrawal would mean a replacement. Just discussing it with Matt on twitter, he doesn't think they should be given ranking points either. I think it's a load of nonsense. What's the point in entering if given the opportunity if you're not going to have a chance to score ranking points?

The point is, they havent earned their right to be on tour, they are mainly there to avoid as many byes as we had last spring.
I see them as being european WC and equate them with chinese WC who also dont get money/points in the chinese events.
Its an opportunity to earn some ranker experience for these.

Postby Roland

I can see the point that they're not professional and haven't signed up and all that, I just think that there's no point in them playing these ranking events if they're not allowed to get ranking points for their efforts. There's certainly no point in them playing if they don't get prize money and I guess they will get prize money otherwise they wouldn't enter. And what would happen in this scenario with a prize money ranking point structure? The whole thing clearly hasn't been thought out properly.

Postby Witz78

the prize money thing in general is a mystery because WS havent made it clear how this Order of Merit which starts being calculated from next week for 2 years prior to taking over as the rankings list in 2014-15 will work.

if the seeded losers get the same cash as someone reaching that round by winning games, then were back to a stale tour of over protection worse than ever.

Postby Wildey

Postby kenneth79

Sonny wrote: The whole thing clearly hasn't been thought out properly.

The usual WS MO.

Postby Roland

So has anyone actually seen the list of Q School ranking event topper uppers? Roy for all his efforts had to guess and yet they have already asked those at the top of the Q School rankings to enter the Wuxi and Australian qualifiers so which list are they using?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:So has anyone actually seen the list of Q School ranking event topper uppers? Roy for all his efforts had to guess and yet they have already asked those at the top of the Q School rankings to enter the Wuxi and Australian qualifiers so which list are they using?

its all very crappy to be honest

They have a Brand New Website for Q School thats not been updated http://www.worldsnookerqschool.com/

They have a Order of Merit Table Page http://www.worldsnookerqschool.com/order-of-merit nobody has updated

buck me Barry Hearn should look to sack people here they making a easy job look difficult and making the sport a Laughing Stock.

Postby kenneth79

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:So has anyone actually seen the list of Q School ranking event topper uppers? Roy for all his efforts had to guess and yet they have already asked those at the top of the Q School rankings to enter the Wuxi and Australian qualifiers so which list are they using?

They have a Brand New Website for Q School thats not been updated http://www.worldsnookerqschool.com/

They have a Order of Merit Table Page http://www.worldsnookerqschool.com/order-of-merit nobody has updated

little kitten me Barry Hearn should look to sack people here they making a easy job look difficult and making the sport a Laughing Stock.

:hatoff:

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:

buck me Barry Hearn should look to sack people here they making a easy job look difficult and making the sport a Laughing Stock.

Barry Hearn should look into hiring one or two persons to reinforce the team, not sack the ones who are there. I've seen them working their socks off at tournaments. Ivan, typically, works 16/17 hours every day there. There is a lot of administrative details and small things that are time consuming but must be done and that people never see or imagine unless they are involved into them.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Barry Hearn should look into hiring one or two persons to reinforce the team, not sack the ones who are there. I've seen them working their socks off at tournaments. Ivan, typically, works 16/17 hours every day there. There is a lot of administrative details and small things that are time consuming but must be done and that people never see or imagine unless they are involved into them.

mon with respect the ones he has on the team are useless you do not waste time starting a website then abandon it bloody the guy behind @worldsnooker on twitter needs to go for starter what a banker and get in proper people that does the job.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

mon with respect the ones he has on the team are useless you do not waste time starting a website then abandon it bloody the guy behind @worldsnooker on twitter needs to go for starter what a banker and get in proper people that does the job.

Wild, with due respect, I've been in tournament and see them work, you don't. There are simply not enough of them to get the job done properly.

Postby Roland

There is no single guy behind @worldsnooker Wild! During Q School it would've been Paul Collier, during tournaments it's probably Ivan. I'm sure they've both got a high opinion of you :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:There is no single guy behind @worldsnooker Wild! During Q School it would've been Paul Collier, during tournaments it's probably Ivan. I'm sure they've both got a high opinion of you :redneck:

ok ill state it then IVAN is a banker

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Wild, with due respect, I've been in tournament and see them work, you don't. There are simply not enough of them to get the job done properly.

Mon they arent worth the Wages no ifs buts or maybees Ive lost count of Simple cockerel ups over the Last few years from Not Knowing their own bloody rules to not knowing how much Mike Dunn was Getting for a 147.

Remember that farce regarding the PTC Grand Finals involving Michael White and Jack Lisowski that Needed Matt from Pro Snooker Blog to put them straight Basic Errors are the Norm Get rid of them at once useless idiots.

Postby Monique

Wild, when people have more work than they can handle properly cock-ups do happen more frequently. As for the "rules" and other constraints, they are overly complex. Just look at the various ways now play on the MT, with or without earnings, with or without ranking points… PTCs, APTCs (with rules different than PTCs), Nominations, Q-School, Q-School order of merit…
It's not the poor guys and gals sat behind their desks who were coming up with such stuff. It's been imposed on them by people who most probably never took the time to work out all the possible practical consequences of their decisions. Decisions most probably driven by commercial considerations only.
If someone as intelligent and bright as Matt confesses that he doesn't know anymore where things stand, it's no wonder they struggle.

Postby Wildey

But they are basic mon sorry but there are cut backs all over the World regarding employees and it was clear to anyone Too much staff was at the WPBSA if they arent up to the Extra Work then get someone who is.