Post a reply

Re: Q School Entrants 2012/2013

Postby Wildey

JIMO96 wrote:I'm sure Knowlesy still thinks he's good enough and why not? No Mike Hallett yet? I take it Anthony Harris is the same Anthony Harris who won the English amateur in the '80's? A real blast from the past there!

As far as the state of the Scottish amateur game goes, I thought with Anthony McGill coming through, he would be the first of many, with Sharav, Leslie, Carlisle etc soon following, and the organisational turmoil had been confined to history. Is that not the case?

yes where is Mike thought he said on Comentary he would go for it.

i think Mike Hallett has a Genuine Hope of getting on Tour he took 2 frames off Ronnie in a PTC another that could do it but dont think hes interested is Darren Morgan still very competative.

Postby JIMO96

The last I heard Hallett mention Q-school he said "wait and see" so he was a bit non-commital. Morgan said after the World Seniors that he wasn't interested in regaining pro status, but he's still a heavy scorer and could do a bit of damage on the main tour.

Postby Muppet147

JIMO96 wrote:The last I heard Hallett mention Q-school he said "wait and see" so he was a bit non-commital. Morgan said after the World Seniors that he wasn't interested in regaining pro status, but he's still a heavy scorer and could do a bit of damage on the main tour.

If they want to attempt unlikely comebacks, I'm all for it. Snooker's not like boxing, where you could do yourself a serious injury.

Postby JIMO96

John From London Town wrote:
Wild wrote:The List is Updated Regularly as the Deadline aproaches at 5pm Today http://www.worldsnookerqschool.com/order-of-merit

My old mate Dessie Sheehan is in there I see. Good man Dessie.

One third of the (not very) successful Ireland team from the World Team Classic in the early 80's. Patsy Fagan had been UK champ a couple of years earlier and Eugene Hughes later became a regular top 16-botherer without actually getting in. Dessie hung around the bottom end of the rankings and eventually slid off when the game went open in 1991.

Good luck to him at Q-school, I love hearing all these names from the past having a go.

Postby Wildey

i prefer to see young players get on tour for the first time see how they cope with it.

im backing

Gareth Allen
Ian Burns
Mitchell Wild
Greg Davis
John Sutton
Martin O'Donnell
Stephen Groves
Liam Monk
Ryan Causton
Sean O'Sullivan
Chen Zhe
Ben Harrison
Kacper Filipiak
Allan Taylor
Scott Donaldson
Zhang Anda
Khizar Raoof
Joel Walker
Michael Wasley
Reanne Evans
Alex Taubman
Kyren Wilson
Robbie Williams
Sam Harvey
Zak Surety
Bobby Cruickshanks
Phil O'Kane
Li Hang
Sydney Wilson

Postby Roland

You missed out Oli Brown from #teamSI

I really hope Reanne, Ben and Kyren get on tour as well as Oli and not just because they were on the SI team. I'm a fan of them all, they are all good enough.

I'd also love to see Allan Taylor, Syd, Gaz, Sam Harvey, Ross Muir, Michael Wasley and Sean O'Sullivan do well.

Postby JIMO96

It's always good to focus on a nucleus of....erm...29 players and give them your full support lol

I'll be happy to see a Scottish player or 2, one or 2 of the Chinese guys, plus maybe a few of the deserving youngsters Wild mentions above, particularly ex main tour members like Kyren Wilson or Reanne Evans, I think a 2-year card is a better deal than what they had before.

Guys who have done well in previous PTC's (e.g Allan Taylor, Ian Burns)...it would be good to see them on the tour, and Robbie Williams must be ready for the step up too.

Finally, I'd be disappointed if Luca Brecel and Cao Yupeng didn't come through, especially with the form they've shown since the turn of the year.

Postby Roland

Postby JIMO96

Thats some good reading right there Sonny. Love the Gareth Allen stories involving Les Dodd and the Steve Davis exhibition. And Allan Taylor comes across as a bit of a character, so looking forward to his tour debut.

The interview section of this forum is amazing! Reanne Evans next? Superb, keep them coming!

Postby Roland

The Reanne one is really good, there was a bit of banter going on, I would like to keep it in to show more what she's like as a personality but it involves transcribing "chat" but I'll give it a go and see how it comes out. Oli and Kyren will be the next interviews I tackle.

And yes, the Albino Assassin is certainly a character, as is Gaz.

Postby roy142857

Sonny wrote:The Reanne one is really good, there was a bit of banter going on, I would like to keep it in to show more what she's like as a personality but it involves transcribing "chat" but I'll give it a go and see how it comes out. Oli and Kyren will be the next interviews I tackle.

Looking forward to 'em!

All the previous interviews? Really excellent - thank you!

Postby Wildey

JIMO96 wrote:It's always good to focus on a nucleus of....erm...29 players and give them your full support lol

I'll be happy to see a Scottish player or 2, one or 2 of the Chinese guys, plus maybe a few of the deserving youngsters Wild mentions above, particularly ex main tour members like Kyren Wilson or Reanne Evans, I think a 2-year card is a better deal than what they had before.

Guys who have done well in previous PTC's (e.g Allan Taylor, Ian Burns)...it would be good to see them on the tour, and Robbie Williams must be ready for the step up too.

Finally, I'd be disappointed if Luca Brecel and Cao Yupeng didn't come through, especially with the form they've shown since the turn of the year.

in last season Q School Kyren Wilson reached Round 4 3 times .....Hope he makes it this year.

Q School 1

Round 1 Beat Saqib Nasir 4-2
Round 2 Beat Jak Jones 4-3
Round 3 Beat Nick Jennings 4-2
Round 4 Lost Zhang Anda 4-1

Q School 2

Round 2 Beat Duane Jones 4-3
Round 3 Beat Michael Wasley 4-3
Round 4 Lost Li Yan 4-3

Q School 3

Round 1 Beat Ryan Causton 4-2
Round 2 Beat James McBain 4-2
Round 3 Beat Jak Jones 4-2
Round 4 Lost Allan Taylor 4-1

Postby JIMO96

Wild wrote:
JIMO96 wrote:It's always good to focus on a nucleus of....erm...29 players and give them your full support lol

in last season Q School Kyren Wilson reached Round 4 3 times .....Hope he makes it this year.

Q School 1

Q School 2

Round 4 Lost Li Yan 4-3

Q School 3

Just looking at that list, my immediate thought was "no Duane Jones??" in the list of Q-school entries(!)

Postby Wildey

JIMO96 wrote:
Wild wrote:

Q School 1

Q School 2

Round 4 Lost Li Yan 4-3

Q School 3

Just looking at that list, my immediate thought was "no Duane Jones??" in the list of Q-school entries(!)

or Jak Jones ?

as a member of onQ id have thought he would be there.

Postby JIMO96

Maybe the list hasn't been updated yet. Wouldn't surprise me with WSA, it's been unchanged since about 4pm. I make it about 90 players signed up?

Postby Roland

roy142857 wrote:
Sonny wrote:The Reanne one is really good, there was a bit of banter going on, I would like to keep it in to show more what she's like as a personality but it involves transcribing "chat" but I'll give it a go and see how it comes out. Oli and Kyren will be the next interviews I tackle.

Looking forward to 'em!

All the previous interviews? Really excellent - thank you!

Cheers. It's nice to see the bank steadily building up. I'm only up to half way through the Reanne interview and I'm really pleased with how it's coming out. One of my best yet definitely.

Postby John From London Town

Just noticed on Matt's Twitter timeline that the EASB have had their main tour nomination withdrawn for next season. I've had a read of their page but it doesn't seem any reason has been given.
Anyone know why this decision was made? Seems quite odd on the face of it.

Postby Wildey

John From London Town wrote:Just noticed on Matt's Twitter timeline that the EASB have had their main tour nomination withdrawn for next season. I've had a read of their page but it doesn't seem any reason has been given.
Anyone know why this decision was made? Seems quite odd on the face of it.

reason is simple brits can make it to q school easier than players from europe.

id scrap all that system and put on Q Schools all over the world

my tour criteria would be

Top 64 On the Official Rankings
Top 8 on the One Year List
Top 8 non tour players on the PTC Order of Merit
World Amataur and World Under 21 Champion
Rest Through Q School.

when the tour is 128 that could mean something up to 46 places through Q School.

Postby Wildey

if 8 non tour players could get on through PTC it would mean

Craig Steadman
Kyren Wilson
Jak Jones
Robbie Williams
Gary Wilson
Ian Burns
Stephen Craigie

with 3 way tie between
Chris Norbury
Jamie O Neil
Chen Zhe

for one spot.

Postby Wildey

DEADLINE PART 2 IS TODAY AT 5PM

Entered so far = 96

Latest Entrants

Anthony Harris
Jay Bullen
James Silverwood
Charlie Walters
Li Yinxi
Mohammed Omar
Habib Subah
Husain Mahmood
Mohamed Al Shaikh

no Stephen Craigie whitch is a Surprise

Postby Wildey

Entered so far = 99

Latest Entrants

Shahbaaz Khan
Mark Vincent
Josh Boileau

Postby Wildey

Stephen Craigie ‏ @Craigie147

@antsmcgill yea we replaced him well! Not in it mate, just gonna see how things go away from snooker. Hows things?

Stephen Craigie thinking of his future away from snooker.

a Great Prospect not going to persue it for now :-(

Postby Roland

Yeah I saw that, quite surprised. Maybe he can't get £1000 together and has spent all his money entering this seasons PTCs.

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:Entered so far = 99

Latest Entrants

Shahbaaz Khan
Mark Vincent
Josh Boileau

That's a bit glum when you consider in 92 you had 100's entering tournaments.

Postby Wildey

we have reached the ton with James Hill

so 100 + i think only about 16 of the pros that drop off will go

i wander if Sam Craigie going to give it a go ?

Postby Roland

Someone just asked World Snooker on twitter if the Q School draw was going to be released today. It's obviously getting close to that time.

Postby JIMO96

Draws up on WS Q-School site now. Looks like around 8 or so relegated players are taking their chances at Q-School.....disappointingly, I can't see Figuiredo's name. No McCulloch, Tian Pengfei, Wicheard(!)

Curiously, there is an entry for "Tour Player", whatever that means.

Zhang Anda's opponents in all 3 draws have been given walkovers, which tells me that his Asian u-21 runner up spot gives him his 2 year tourcard.