Post a reply

Re: The Q School !!!!

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Is witz getting him confused with TT?

T T has only 2 more chances to get on tour.

am i wrong to think they gave a Wild Card to the wrong thai no disrespect to Wattana but hes had his chance.

<ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:Is witz getting him confused with TT?

not at all

been following Un-Noohs progress for a few years now and think he has the class to make an impact.

His breakbuilding skills are excellent, hes on a par with Guodong id say and hes another i expect in the top 16 in the next few years.

How? Other than one TV match when would you have seen him? He had one season on tour two years ago so on that basis how can you possibly know what he plays like?

Postby Wildey

Results

Zhang Anda 4-1 Alex Taubman
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-2 Stephen Craigie
Joel Walker 4-3 Li Hang
Lasse Munstermann 3-4 Mitchell Travis
David Grace 4-3 Gareth Allen
Robbie Williams 4-1 Adam Duffy
Take That :kill: Duffy

Postby Wildey

Tian Pengfei made light work of Alex o'donaghue beating him 4-0 with the top break of 118.

Postby Bourne

Having seen Tian the last couple of years in China he's deserving of more than just fleeting wildcards, definitely has game and a decent temparement, hope he gets through.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Having seen Tian the last couple of years in China he's deserving of more than just fleeting wildcards, definitely has game and a decent temparement, hope he gets through.

yes he is definitely a player that will thrive how the set up is today with PTC and Rankings.

but Q School is dog eat dog.

Postby Alex0paul

What a complete waste Adam Duffy has made of his career. Tipped a few years back as a star of the future and was also given the Paul Hunter Scholarship award too.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Having seen Tian the last couple of years in China he's deserving of more than just fleeting wildcards, definitely has game and a decent temparement, hope he gets through.

yes he is definitely a player that will thrive how the set up is today with PTC and Rankings.

but Q School is dog eat dog.

Yes and that's why I fear it'll be the determined older journeymen that get through rather than the talented, more intriguing youngsters, who haven't really learnt what it is to fight this hard yet.

Postby Witz78

why didnt Pengfei get the WC ahead of Wattana.

or why didnt they just hold the 3 Q School events as it was too late to change things then issue the Wildcards to those who did best in the Q School but didnt get through.

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:why didnt Pengfei get the WC ahead of Wattana.

or why didnt they just hold the 3 Q School events as it was too late to change things then issue the Wildcards to those who did best in the Q School but didnt get through.

One of the reasons Wattana was chosen could be that they are trying hard to raise the profile of snooker again big time in Thailand - they will host the World Cup also - and he's obviously the best known of the Thai players and someone well liked and respected in the snooker World. Tian is Chinese and there are already quite a few Chinese players on the MT. BTW I think Tian has a very good chance to qualify anyway.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:

One of the reasons Wattana was chosen could be that they are trying hard to raise the profile of snooker again big time in Thailand - they will host the World Cup also - and he's obviously the best known of the Thai players and someone well liked and respected in the snooker World. Tian is Chinese and there are already quite a few Chinese players on the MT. BTW I think Tian has a very good chance to qualify anyway.

yes i guess the World cup was a factor in the decision.

im just a believer in let oldies fight for their places and give wild cards to youngsters

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:

im just a believer in let oldies fight for their places and give wild cards to youngsters

yeh just like you were chuffed when Brecel got his wildcard <doh> :fart: :dizzy: rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:

yeh just like you were chuffed when Brecel got his wildcard <doh> :fart: :dizzy: rofl

no i wanted brecel to try to qualify then award wild cards if needed after Q School....i always wanted him on tour.

Postby Alex0paul

When does Khizzy play?

Postby vodkadiet

Wattana is a legend of the game. Of course they should give him the wildcard ahead of these no marks.

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:Wattana is a legend of the game. Of course they should give him the wildcard ahead of these no marks.

so is Tony Knowles but i cant see them saying "Hey Tony, dont bother with the Q School, heres a wildcard for you too" <doh>

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Wattana is a legend of the game. Of course they should give him the wildcard ahead of these no marks.

so is Tony Knowles but i cant see them saying "Hey Tony, dont bother with the Q School, heres a wildcard for you too" <doh>

That's a good point. Why aren't Knowles and Hallett amongst the wildcards also? :chin:

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

That's a good point. Why aren't Knowles and Hallett amongst the wildcards also? :chin:

because life moves on

or in a few years Jimmy will be on a zimmerframe and someone will be digging up joe davis <ok>

Postby Witz78

how the heck are these young guys no marks anyway?

there only just starting out in their careers, give them time and they will make their mark :no:

Postby Wildey

Scores

Zhang Anda 4-1 Alex Taubman
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-2 Stephen Craigie
Joel Walker 4-3 Li Hang
Lasse Munstermann 3-4 Mitchell Travis
David Grace 4-3 Gareth Allen
Robbie Williams 4-1 Adam Duffy
Ryan Causton 3-4 Sydney Wilson
Li Yan 2-4 Mei Xiwen

Gareth Coates scr Kishan Hirani w/o
Rune Kampe 0-4 Jamie O'Neill
Duane Jones 3-4 Alex Davies
Alex O'Donoghue 0-4 Tian Pengfei
Lee Page 4-2 David McLellan

John Astley w/o Aditya Mehta
Shahram Changezi 4-1 Marc Harman
Michael Leslie 4-0 Simon Bevz
Adam Wicheard 4-1 Tony Else
James Burrett 1-4 Bash Maqsood

Postby randam05

I thought that was jamie burnett at the bottom then rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Tony Else? Is that the guy with the snazzy suits, or am I thinking of someone else?

:ahh:

Postby Wildey

Results

Bhavesh Sodha 0 - 4 Fraser Patrick
Augusto Ruckauf 0 - 4 Christopher Norbury
Robert Valiant 4 - 0 Matthew Simpson
Ben Judge 1 - 4 Jamie Walker
Lyndon Gordon 0 - 4 Liam Monk
Jason Tart 2 - 4 James Loft

Friday 13th of may

10am

Allan Taylor w/o Brent Kolbeck
Antony Parsons v Shehzad Iqbal
Manish Jain v Bobby Cruickshanks
Stephen Ellis v Gary Wilson
Justin Astley v Najm Khan
Kurt Maflin v Craig Steadman

1pm

George Marter v Robin Hull
Mohammed Raoof v Craig Barber
James Wattana Scr Sean O'Sullivan w/o
Tony Knowles v Mike Hallett
Gareth Edwards v Dean Venables
Sachin Plaha v Reanne Evans

4pm

James Welsh w/o Shahbaaz Khan
David Gilbert v Steve Judd
Lee Stephens v Martin O'Donnell
Phil O'Kane v Jeff Cundy

Round two
Alex Borg v Andrew Norman
Lee Spick v Luke Simmonds

7pm

Michael Wild v Lee Walker
Ian Glover v Simon Bedford
David Gray v Sam Harvey
Mitchel Mann v Ian Burns
Stuart Carrington v Charlie Walters
Chen Zhe v Michael Wasley

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:Tony Else? Is that the guy with the snazzy suits, or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeh its Someone, Tonys brother <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Tony Else? Is that the guy with the snazzy suits, or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeh its Someone, Tonys brother <ok>

I thought Someone was Tony's dad? :?

Postby Roland

no that was Somebody