Post a reply

Re: The Q School !!!!

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:Glad the Q school is over. Now I can focus on the tennis! :-)

pink ribbon next week cant forget that during the tennis final weekend

Postby vodkadiet

Wild wrote:

There is a limit to the amount of time in the year I can follow snooker religiously. This seems the right time to start enjoying the sun(although looking out of the window, that won't be today). :-(

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
Wild wrote:

There is a limit to the amount of time in the year I can follow snooker religiously. This seems the right time to start enjoying the sun(although looking out of the window, that won't be today). :-(

best weather was while the WC was on its been rubbish since then.

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Great to see three debutants. Also delighted to see Hull, Gilbert & Morris getting through this school, having seen all three player I can say that they're quality players.

Yes i think there's a good mix there but there are quality left behind in q school but you cant have more through what i will say there might have been worst players that got wild cards prior to the Q School and others that got on via their own nomination process.

Yes Lucky Vatnani is, I hate to say this, lucky. I don't think he would have got anywhere near qualify through Q School and like Einsle last year has got a wildcard because of his nationality.

Postby Wildey

i understand the thought process regarding different nationality but to Quote Barry Hearn "we wont reward mediocrity" BUT isn't giving wild cards based on nationality doing just that..

Postby vinot

My primary goal of the q school was getting Robin Hull and Tian Pengfei through. Mission accomplished, so I'm happy. The tour needs more international players, and I think although rewarding wild cards is wrong, it is still a necessity to expand the snooker world. All wild card players may not be up to par, but some might be. I do hope they've talked with them so they will be attending the tournaments at least. Otherwise you could hand out a wild card to some random dude down the street.

Postby Wildey

vinot wrote:My primary goal of the q school was getting Robin Hull and Tian Pengfei through. Mission accomplished, so I'm happy. The tour needs more international players, and I think although rewarding wild cards is wrong, it is still a necessity to expand the snooker world. All wild card players may not be up to par, but some might be. I do hope they've talked with them so they will be attending the tournaments at least. Otherwise you could hand out a wild card to some random dude down the street.

yes but they could have rewarded wild cards for players that impressed during the Q School maybe Mohammed Raoof or Shahbaaz Adil Khan who is both Indian would have played better than Lucky and not on tour while Lucky is on tour.

Postby vinot

Wild wrote:
vinot wrote:My primary goal of the q school was getting Robin Hull and Tian Pengfei through. Mission accomplished, so I'm happy. The tour needs more international players, and I think although rewarding wild cards is wrong, it is still a necessity to expand the snooker world. All wild card players may not be up to par, but some might be. I do hope they've talked with them so they will be attending the tournaments at least. Otherwise you could hand out a wild card to some random dude down the street.

yes but they could have rewarded wild cards for players that impressed during the Q School maybe Mohammed Raoof or Shahbaaz Adil Khan who is both Indian would have played better than Lucky and not on tour while Lucky is on tour.

Sure, I agree. But isn't it the Indian snooker federation(?) that has power over the nomination process?

Postby Wildey

vinot wrote:
Wild wrote:

Sure, I agree. But isn't it the Indian snooker federation(?) that has power over the nomination process?

i dont really know how it works.

Postby vinot

Wild wrote:
vinot wrote:
Wild wrote:

i dont really know how it works.

Not being sure either, I would be surprised if politics wasn't a part of the tour qualification, ie the wild cards. It'll take a while before it's only merit that determins if your on the tour or not.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:gutted for vinnie but at least shortbread bottled it in his next match

justice

you fool <doh>

you were supporting everyone vinnie faced in q school so if im a fool for wanting zhanger to lose your a bigger fool

:boo: :hatoff: <laugh> :chuckle:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:gutted for vinnie but at least shortbread bottled it in his next match

justice

you fool <doh>

you were supporting everyone vinnie faced in q school so if im a fool for wanting zhanger to lose your a bigger fool

:boo: :hatoff: <laugh> :chuckle:

weve already one bumboy on tour, there aint room for anymore.

At least Hann wasnt a typical Australian :bowdown: