Post a reply

Re: WSF Championship 2024

Postby SteveJJ

Daniel Womersley beats Rodions Judins 4-3 from 3-0 down.

The Latvian obviously wasn't riga-rous enough in finishing off the match.

Postby Hedgehog

Boiko and Gao should be the favorites to go through to the Final as former pros.
Cheung Ka Wai is the only one that has not played a match this season in the main tour ranking events
Daniel Womersley is oldest player remaining at 32 years old, Boiko (18), Gao (19) and Cheung (24)

Postby stanley_

I've been hoping for Gao Yang to get back on tour after he narrowly fell off last time but preparing myself to be disappointed again. Hopefully he can do it.

Postby Hedgehog

Cheung Ka Wai leads 4-0 Gao Yang at the interval. Gao needs to win rest of the frames to win the tournament.

Postby Hedgehog

Cheung Ka Wai 5 - Gao Yang 0. Cheung Ka Wai earns a spot on the World Snooker Tour for 2024/2025 and 2025/2026. New player to the main tour! :D

Postby gninnur karona

Ka Wai Cheung finished top of the Asia QSchool non-qualifiers order of merit last summer.

The two most successful QSchool qualifiers on tour this season, He Guoqiang and Ishpreet Singh Chadha, came through that Asia QSchool.

Postby The_Abbott

Hong Kong players don't get funding anymore do they? So be good to have another player on the tour to compete with Fu. Andy Lee is not up to it.

Postby SteveJJ

The_Abbott wrote:Hong Kong players don't get funding anymore do they? So be good to have another player on the tour to compete with Fu. Andy Lee is not up to it.

I think one of our posters has suggested on another site that the Hong Kong funding runs out next year, so he's picked a good time to qualify