Post a reply

Asia-Oceania Q School 1 & European Q School 2

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Friday 26th of May~Wednesday 31st of May at the Morningside Arena, Leicester

So there's two Q Schools running side by side at the end there will be 6 professional players, 4 from European Event and 2 from Asia-Oceania.

Who from these Events will be joining Andrew Higginson, Andrew Pagett, Alexander Ursenbacher and Liam Pullen on the Main Tour?

Asia-Oceania DRAW

Europe DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY (Times in CEST)

Asia-Oceania Live Scores
Europe Live Scores

Re: Asia-Oceania Q School 1 & European Q School 2

Postby The_Abbott

SteveJJ wrote:.

The two Ronnie's both in action

I think it will be a case of goodnight from me and goodnight from him.

I wonder if Ronnie Sullivan has a fake moustache and wig to disguise he has dropped the O.

Postby The_Abbott

SteveJJ wrote:Back to Leicester and looks like Rupesh Thakkar was a no show. Imran Puri goes through.

So for turning up Imran Puri makes it to round three as he has a bye in Round 2. Good job sir! <ok>

Postby SteveJJ

The_Abbott wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Back to Leicester and looks like Rupesh Thakkar was a no show. Imran Puri goes through.

So for turning up Imran Puri makes it to round three as he has a bye in Round 2. Good job sir! <ok>

If only he'd done better in event 1 he'd be sitting pretty on the order of merit

Postby Womble

SteveJJ wrote:
Womble wrote:I don't suppose I can watch this anywhere, can I?

The latter stages last year were on the Thai association's Facebook page but doesn't seem to be anything yet

OK. Thanks for having a look, anyway. :-) <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bai Yulu reaches the 3rd Round by beating Zac Cosker 4-1 and Getting a bye over the already qualified Andrew Pagett

Giving her 15 Frames.

Shes a smart cookie by entering this instead of the Asian one she puts herself with a chance of playing Q Tour...and if she gets enough frames she could be a top up...but long way to go on that score

Postby stanley_

SteveJJ wrote:Gao Yang loses 4-2

I keep hoping he'll make it back on tour given how unlucky he was to drop off last time (especially with all the wildcards being handed out to players doing much worse than he did) but it looks increasingly unlikely he'll do it.

Postby lhpirnie

stanley_ wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Gao Yang loses 4-2

I keep hoping he'll make it back on tour given how unlucky he was to drop off last time (especially with all the wildcards being handed out to players doing much worse than he did) but it looks increasingly unlikely he'll do it.

Yes, he was relegated by £500, finishing 5th on the 1-year top-up list behind two amateurs (an unfair rule).

It's not looking good for him. At the very least he needs to get on Q Tour to continue his development.

Postby chengdufan

I'm watching Scott Bell v Phil O'Kane.

These two are both pro standard when it comes to potting and white ball control. Great to watch.
They just both break down on 20-30 and leave the opponent in. Phil will probably win, he's a bit better.
But if either of these guys tightened up a bit...
So much natural talent

Postby chengdufan

roy142857 wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Does Heather lose a bet every year to enter this or something?

It's interesting as I don't think she competes on the women's tour...I could be wrong

Does anyone know, is this her? ... https://www.heather-romani-clare-angelini.com/

See the 'Snooker and Pool' tab on there

That's definitely her

Postby chengdufan

She uses a very thick tip pool cue, so is probably more adept at pool.

She's rubbish at snooker though, not too dissimilar to my level.