Post a reply

2022 Q School 2 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 22nd of May~Friday 27th of May at Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Sheffield

So on we go to Q School 2 with 4 players confirmed as Fergal O'Brian, Andy Lee, Rod Lawler and Bai Langning Who will join them?

DRAW
ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Q School 2 !!

Postby GeF

Daniel Wells gets a bye in Round 2 of Event 1 (Simon Blackwell suspended)
He will again get a bye in Round 2 of Event 2 (Rod Lawler won a 2 years card in 1st event)
He will again get a bye in Round 1 & Round 2 of Event 3 (Fergal O'Brien won a 2 years card in 1st event)

He still can enter directly in round 4 of the last event, depending on who qualifies in round 2.

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey wrote:Image Image Image
Monday 22nd of May~Saturday 27th of May at Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Sheffield

So on we go to Q School 2 with 4 players confirmed as Fergal O'Brian, Andy Lee, Rod Lawler and Bai Langning Who will join them?

DRAW
ORDER OF PLAY

* Sunday 22nd

Postby SteveJJ

GeF wrote:Daniel Wells gets a bye in Round 2 of Event 1 (Simon Blackwell suspended)
He will again get a bye in Round 2 of Event 2 (Rod Lawler won a 2 years card in 1st event)
He will again get a bye in Round 1 & Round 2 of Event 3 (Fergal O'Brien won a 2 years card in 1st event)

He still can enter directly in round 4 of the last event, depending on who qualifies in round 2.

You've written his event 2 round 1 opponent off

Postby GeF

SteveJJ wrote:
GeF wrote:Daniel Wells gets a bye in Round 2 of Event 1 (Simon Blackwell suspended)

You've written his event 2 round 1 opponent off

Yes, you are right, he have to win round 1 to go to round 3.
And my last sentence is false : he can't get a bye in round 3.

Not as lucky as I wrote, but still lucky.

Postby SteveJJ

Heather Clare gets her first victory at Q School as her Pakistani opponent didn't turn up.

Ross Bulman next

Postby SteveJJ

Wang Yuchen 2-0 up.

I may be misremembering but i thought he represented China last time he was on tour. Hes down as representing Hong Kong in this.

Postby lhpirnie

SteveJJ wrote:Wang Yuchen 2-0 up.

I may be misremembering but i thought he represented China last time he was on tour. Hes down as representing Hong Kong in this.

Yes he was born in China (Zhengzhou if I remember), but his family had roots in Hong Kong, and they moved back there many years ago. More recently, he was in college in Hong Kong and playing in the Hong Kong tournaments. He's fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English and it would be great to have him back on tour. But all his studies somewhat got in the way of his snooker, and he's not really a strong contender.

Postby SteveJJ

lhpirnie wrote:

Yes he was born in China (Zhengzhou if I remember), but his family had roots in Hong Kong, and they moved back there many years ago. More recently, he was in college in Hong Kong and playing in the Hong Kong tournaments. He's fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English and it would be great to have him back on tour. But all his studies somewhat got in the way of his snooker, and he's not really a strong contender.

Thank you. That's interesting. He's 3-0 up now

Postby lhpirnie

SteveJJ wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Thank you. That's interesting. He's 3-0 up now

He will have tougher matches in the next few rounds!

I always reckoned he had a bit of an inferiority complex. When he was 14 he was in the CBSA Academy, and the same class as Lyu Haotian, Zhao Xintong, Zhou Yuelong and younger players like Yuan Sijun and Yan Bingtao. That was pretty tough competition! At that time he was saying he didn't expect to make it as a snooker player because his father insisted he keep up with his schoolwork. But then he won the Asian U21 and turned pro anyway.

Re: 2022 Q School 2 !!

Postby lhpirnie

SteveJJ wrote:Mixed start for Germany, with Umut Dikme 3-0 up but Jamshid 3-0 down

Umut Dikme is a good prospect. He's got a tough draw but he's capable of causing an upset.

Postby SteveJJ

Wang Yuchen through 4-0 with the events first century.

Martin Taylor beats Jamshid 4-0

Postby SteveJJ

lhpirnie wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Mixed start for Germany, with Umut Dikme 3-0 up but Jamshid 3-0 down

Umut Dikme is a good prospect. He's got a tough draw but he's capable of causing an upset.

Ahh yes, Cahill next and then probably MOD.

Postby Raiel

Just watched little Stan Moody play Dylan Smith. Stan had an excellent 40 odd break in the beginning of the final frame, and then he finished the match off with a great clearance to win 4-1. I hope he makes it through. It would be great to watch him play against some professionals next season.

Postby SteveJJ

Rodney Goggins beats Zhijie. A result his mother will be sure to tell the postman of in the morning

Postby Wildey

Ryan Mears is 33 hes been playing amataur snooker for the Best part of 15 years but he only entered one PTC back in 2012 at the SWSA lost 4-0 to Ben Harrison and until this year never played Q School.

Postby The_Abbott

I thought wowsers Heather Clare won a match 4-0! - then saw that her opponent was a no show rofl

Postby The_Abbott

Rory 1-0 up against Dean.

Mickey Joyce (any relation?) is 1-0 down. If he is related, than his mum will be pleased.

Postby The_Abbott

Rory 3-0 up break of 85 in the 4th. Dean returns to the table :?

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:I thought wowsers Heather Clare won a match 4-0! - then saw that her opponent was a no show rofl

I was watching her today - she's a legend of the game! She didn't manage to repeat her win (her opponent turned up).

I travelled up this morning. There are about 20 people here watching the 8 matches.

Postby SteveJJ

A player, alongside Lichtenberg and Kamihasi that I expected to be at q school is Paul Davison.

Postby The_Abbott

SteveJJ wrote:A player, alongside Lichtenberg and Kamihasi that I expected to be at q school is Paul Davison.

thats true and he has a good record. Maybe he has given up or has health issues.

Postby The_Abbott

SteveJJ wrote:The MOD was too strong for Hongyu

but what a prospect. Experience got MOD through today.

Postby The_Abbott

Higginson goes 2-0 up on Moody. I think Moody needs a few more beatable opponents to gain experience