Post a reply

Re: 2022 Q School 1 !!!

Postby Andre147

chengdufan wrote:I'm wataching Zhao Jianbo v Digvijay Kadian. Andre reffing this one.
The Indian in first. He made a good double to open the break, which ended at 29. Decent start.

Yes. Back at 7pm.

Postby Wildey

SPOT 2
Rory McLeod v Ben Hancorn
Zhao Jianbo v Tyler Rees
Fergal O'Brien v Jenson Kendrick
Sean Maddocks v Ross Muir

Postby GeF

HappyCamper wrote:allez brian et niel!

Alas, both Frenchies lost 4-3. They would have met in the next round in case of win...

Postby Wildey

SPOT 3
Ross Bulman v Luke Simmonds
Aaron Hill v Billy Joe Castle
Ryan Davies v Daniel Womersley
Andy Lee v Ian Martin

Postby stanley_

22 former pros (including 10 who dropped off this season) make it to the final 32. Not sure how that compares to normal but there's quite a few young players left in it including three teenagers and many in their twenties.

Postby chengdufan

Here's my assessment of each group. Those is blue could make it to the top 64, those in red could make a good stab of being a pro and will win matches on tour. Those in black would likely lose almost all matches as a pro.

Group 1
1. Liu Hongyu
2. Lukas Kleckers
3. Lee Walker
4. Harvey Chandler
5. Mark Lloyd
6. Brandon Sargeant

7. Farakh Ajaib
8. Rod Lawler

Group 2
1. Fergal O'Brien
2. Ross Muir
3. Zhao Jianbo

4. Rory McLeod
5. Ben Hancorn
6. Sean Maddocks
7. Jenson Kendrick
8. Tyler Rees

Group 3
1. Billy Joe Castle
2. Aaron Hill
3. Andy Lee
4. Daniel Womersley
5. Ryan Davies

6. Ross Bulman
7. Luke Simmonds
8. Ian Martin

Group 4
1. Sunny Akani
2. Soheil Vahedi
3. Bai Langning

4. Michael Georgiou
5. Florian Nüßle

6. Leo Fernandez
7. Lucky Vatnani
8. Lewis Ullah

Postby chengdufan

So the draw is finally out for the Thai Q School. I make it that there are six former pros:
Dechawat Poomjaeng
Hamza Akbar
Luo Honghao
Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Thor Chuan Leong
Kritsanut Lertsattayathorn

And four players who've played in Q School in the UK at some point:
Ahmed Asseri (Saudi)
Amir Sarkhosh (Iran)
Himanshu Jain (India)
Muhammad Asif (Pakistan)

Sarkhosh, Jain, and Asif all have decent Q School records having won 6/11, 10/16, and 3/6 matches respectively.

I'm a little surprised that there aren't a few more Chinese entries and guess they are pinning their hopes on the China Tour spot.

There's a Pasin Pu-ob-orm in the draw who looks very much like James Wattana (Ratchapol Pu-ob-orm). I'm guessing it's his brother.

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:So the draw is finally out for the Thai Q School. I make it that there are six former pros:
Dechawat Poomjaeng
Hamza Akbar
Luo Honghao
Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Thor Chuan Leong

Ahmed Asseri (Saudi)
Amir Sarkhosh (Iran)
Himanshu Jain (India)
Muhammad Asif (Pakistan)

Sarkhosh, Jain, and Asif all have decent Q School records having won 6/11, 10/16, and 3/6 matches respectively.

I'm a little surprised that there aren't a few more Chinese entries and guess they are pinning their hopes on the China Tour spot.

There's a Pasin Pu-ob-orm in the draw who looks very much like James Wattana (Ratchapol Pu-ob-orm). I'm guessing it's his brother.

No Kamihasi? Thought thats why he didn't enter the English q schools

Postby chengdufan

No Kamihashi, and no Lee Daegyu

Postby Wildey

drop off Pros
Ex Pros

SPOT 1
Farakh Ajaib v Rod Lawler
Liu Hongyu v Lukas Kleckers
Mark Lloyd v Harvey Chandler
Lee Walker v Brandon Sargeant

SPOT 2
Rory McLeod v Ben Hancorn
Zhao Jianbo v Tyler Rees
Fergal O'Brien v Jenson Kendrick
Sean Maddocks v Ross Muir

SPOT 3
Ross Bulman v Luke Simmonds
Aaron Hill v Billy Joe Castle
Ryan Davies v Daniel Womersley
Andy Lee v v Ian Martin

SPOT 4
Sunny Akani v Michael Georgiou
Florian Nuessle v Lucky Vatnani
Leo Fernandez v Lewis Ullah
Soheil Vahedi v Bai Langning

Postby The_Abbott

chengdufan wrote:So the draw is finally out for the Thai Q School. I make it that there are six former pros:
Dechawat Poomjaeng
Hamza Akbar
Luo Honghao
Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Thor Chuan Leong

Ahmed Asseri (Saudi)
Amir Sarkhosh (Iran)
Himanshu Jain (India)
Muhammad Asif (Pakistan)

Poomjaeng is back!!! - give him a tour card immediately.

Might Thor!

Postby The_Abbott

Fergal has pretty much said that if he doesn't qualify from Q-School he is done as a snooker player

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:No Kamihashi, and no Lee Daegyu

Yes, Kamihashi is a bewildering decision. This season he's spent time at the Q House Academy in Darlington, so I assumed he would definitely try one of the Q Schools. Lee Daegyu doesn't play anymore.

I've posted the draw on another thread. It's probably better to keep the Q Schools separate.

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:Fergal has pretty much said that if he doesn't qualify from Q-School he is done as a snooker player

He keeps saying different things though. A year ago he asserted he would never stop trying. Recently, he was even considering withdrawing from Q School. My feeling is that he will keep trying, at least for a few years. Snooker players find it very difficult to quit - it's an addiction. More young players 'retire' than old ones (e.g. Stefanow, Filipiak and now Lichtenberg).

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Fergal has pretty much said that if he doesn't qualify from Q-School he is done as a snooker player

He keeps saying different things though. A year ago he asserted he would never stop trying. Recently, he was even considering withdrawing from Q School. My feeling is that he will keep trying, at least for a few years. Snooker players find it very difficult to quit - it's an addiction. More young players 'retire' than old ones (e.g. Stefanow, Filipiak and now Lichtenberg).

Just as i've read your post its dawned on me that i don't think Adrian Rosa has entered this Q school , i don't know him but i have spoken to him before , i suppose they can still enjoy quality amateur matches in good conditions outside of the pro tour and still can come back in a few years time like Andy Lee now.
Being a pro hardly seems the most glamorous or interesting life anyway so yes its good to get away, if in this case Rosa is busy and content away from the pro tour then good luck to him imo.

Postby The_Abbott

Rory McLeod looking strong. You can hear the sound of Judd's boots shaking.

Postby The_Abbott

Luke Simmonds still in it. He always fails in the end. Could he hold his nerve this year for a famous win to get on the tour?

Postby SteveJJ

The_Abbott wrote:Luke Simmonds still in it. He always fails in the end. Could he hold his nerve this year for a famous win to get on the tour?

He's got a hill to climb this evening

Postby HappyCamper

are they really playing all four 'finals' tomorrow morning then having the rest of the day off!? odd scheduling, let the players have a lie in at least!

Postby SteveJJ

HappyCamper wrote:are they really playing all four 'finals' tomorrow morning then having the rest of the day off!? odd scheduling, let the players have a lie in at least!

It allows any of rhe losers a gap before the second event starts on Sunday. Give them time to get over the disappointment and go again

Postby Empire State Human

SteveJJ wrote:It allows any of rhe losers a gap before the second event starts on Sunday. Give them time to get over the disappointment and go again

No way! They should be forced to play their first Q School 2 match immediately after losing! Let them go full tilt!

Postby SteveJJ

SteveJJ wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Luke Simmonds still in it. He always fails in the end. Could he hold his nerve this year for a famous win to get on the tour?

He's got a hill to climb this evening

And he's climbed that Hill. Only Andy Lee stands in his way now

Postby The_Abbott

ugghh Lawler plods through with an AST of 40 secs. Kleckers even worse though at 42 AST.

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:ugghh Lawler plods through with an AST of 40 secs. Kleckers even worse though at 42 AST.

Quite a lot of them taking an age. The matches all started at 7pm, and 4 of them were still going at 11pm, two of them only in their 5th frame - that's over 45 mins a frame.

Sunny Akani has won, but it was really tough going...