Post a reply

Re: Snooker Q School

Postby HappyCamper

GeF wrote:Someone knows how the seeding works?
I saw that 64 players gets a "bye" in all the 3 events, 9 in 2 events and 38 in one.

My thoughts were that these 64 are the seeds, and they came from the relegated players, completed by the Q school order of merit.
All relegated are there, but Brian Ochoiski is also among the 64 while ranked only 59 in QOM.

And another question : There is a player named "Liu Hongyu". Could it be Luo Honghao? If not, is he retired?

the top 64 seeds are made up of the relegated players plus the top x from the order of merit as required. other than that it's just a random draw, so some players will get lucky. not all from last year have re-entered, and a handful have already qualified by other means.

liu hongyu is a different player from luo honghao. he's a few years younger, and is an highly regarded talent. luo went back to china after failing to get back on tour but has not retired as far as i'm aware.

Postby lhpirnie

HappyCamper wrote:
GeF wrote:Someone knows how the seeding works?
I saw that 64 players gets a "bye" in all the 3 events, 9 in 2 events and 38 in one.

My thoughts were that these 64 are the seeds, and they came from the relegated players, completed by the Q school order of merit.
All relegated are there, but Brian Ochoiski is also among the 64 while ranked only 59 in QOM.

And another question : There is a player named "Liu Hongyu". Could it be Luo Honghao? If not, is he retired?

the top 64 seeds are made up of the relegated players plus the top x from the order of merit as required. other than that it's just a random draw, so some players will get lucky. not all from last year have re-entered, and a handful have already qualified by other means.

liu hongyu is a different player from luo honghao. he's a few years younger, and is an highly regarded talent. luo went back to china after failing to get back on tour but has not retired as far as i'm aware.

Luo Honghao is now at the Yushan International Billiards Academy. As far as I'm aware, he's still trying to get back on tour. Since he's not in the UK Q School draw, it would be either via the Asian Q School in Bangkok, or the second place from the Chinese Tour.

Postby GeF

lhpirnie wrote:Do we know if the Asian Q School has an Order of Merit for top-up places? Do they get to play on Q Tour? It's beginning to look like this whole venture is a shambles. Not for the first time, WST have created a mess of a system.

WST wrote:NEWS UPDATE: As well as four players from Asia-Oceania Q School earning a place on the World Snooker Tour, the next eight players will be offered a place on the 2022/23 WPBSA Q Tour.

Postby gninnur karona

HappyCamper wrote:Simon Blackwell suspended for attempted match fixing related offences. So he will be out the draw.

https://wpbsa.com/wpbsa-statement-simon-blackwell/

Simon Blackwell finished third apparently. so Jack Bradford becomes a beneficiary of the QSchool entrance fee?

Surprised to see numerous pros appearing in the EPSB Open Series rankings. Thought that these events were strictly amateur only.