Lei Peifan v Patrick Wallace
Riley Parsons v George Pragnell
Sanderson Lam v Brian Ochoiski
James Cahill v Billy Joe Castle
Joshua Thomond v David Lilley
Dylan Mitchell v Leo Fernandez
Dave Finbow
v Eden Sharav

Spot 9 will come from the bottom half. Burns has a tricky tie then you have Vahedi and Muir. I think one of those three will play O'Sullivan or Davison in the final.

Spot 10 looks wide open.Peifen is my favourite to qualify but this Q-school has been full of shock results.James Cahill, Lilley and Sharav also in with a chance

The Thing with Q School its not who the best players are its who Digs in and fights for every point. So you can have a few shock results along the way Michael White and Ross Muir case in point.

Re: Q School 3 !!!

Postby vodkadiet1

Knowles 3-0 up on O'Sullivan now. He must be in a rush to watch Djokovic vs Nadal!

Postby Wildey

Current State of Play

SPOT 9 Last 16 DRAW
Sean O'Sullivan 1-3 Tony Knowles
Paul S Davison 0-4 Mark Lloyd
Luke Simmonds 3-2 Callum Beresford
Arun Mehta 1-3 Luke Pinches
Ian Burns 4-0 Yu Kiu Chang
Soheil Vahedi 4-0 Rodion Judin
Raymond Fry 1-3 Simon Blackwell
Saqib Nasir 1-0 Ross Muir

SPOT 10 Last 16 DRAW
Niel Vincent v Ben Mertens
Lei Peifan v Patrick Wallace
Riley Parsons v George Pragnell
Sanderson Lam v Brian Ochoiski
James Cahill v Billy Joe Castle
Joshua Thomond v David Lilley
Dylan Mitchell v Leo Fernandez
Dave Finbow v Eden Sharav

SPOT 11 Last 16 DRAW
Kishan Hirani v Ryan Davies
Ross Bulman v Lewis Gillen
Sam Baird v John J Astley
Haydon Pinhey v Kuldesh Johal
Rod Lawler v Mitchell Mann
Bai Langning v Luo Honghao
Dylan Emery v Brian Cini
Florian Nuessle v Dean Young

SPOT 12 Last 16 DRAW
Michael Georgiou v Yao Pengcheng
Duane Jones v Alex Millington
Ben Fortey v Michael White
Hammad Miah v Oliver Brown
Mateusz Baranowski v Ian Martin
Daan Leyssen v Si Jiahui
Robbie McGuigan v Neal Jones
Jenson Kendrick v Joshua Cooper

Postby Wildey

Tony Knowles has beaten Sean O'Sullivan 4-1 and is 3 matches away from the Main Tour for the first time since 2001.

His last Tour Match was a 10-2 drubbing by Jimmy Michie

Postby Wildey

I Actually think Tony would stand a better Chance than Stephen Hendry on Tour because hes obviously playing the Cautious Grinding Boris Johnson type of game where as Stephen Hendry will not play that way. Hendry will have to start potting the long balls consistently to stand a chance, i feel.

Postby HappyCamper

cautious grinding boris johnson!?

Postby aimlesswandeer

Muir 2-1 down to Nasir who is north of 41 seconds a shot, I suspect trying to knock Muir off his stride. Seems to be working so far sadly.

Postby The_Abbott

Leo Fernandez 0-3 down.

Hopefully he loses as I don't want him on the tour

Postby The_Abbott

Wildey wrote:Tony Knowles has beaten Sean O'Sullivan 4-1 and is 3 matches away from the Main Tour for the first time since 2001.

That did shock me when I saw that result but I guess he is more confident now with a few wins behind him. The draw through to the final is a high probability now. Still don't think he will make it though but would be good to see as a top up player next season

Postby cupotee

HappyCamper wrote:cautious grinding boris johnson!?

maybe he feels left out that the g7 summit wasn't in wales ?

Postby cupotee

callum beresford's only 20 , seems to be based around sheffield [ shocker ] , vs the spawn of barry next

Postby The_Abbott

Ross Muir is out. But is in 6th place on OofM (4th after top 2 promoted) so should appear a few times next season.

Also out is Ronnie thrasher, James Cahill. Again he is high in the OofM so should enter most 128 draws.

Postby SteveJJ

The_Abbott wrote:Leo Fernandez 0-3 down.

Hopefully he loses as I don't want him on the tour

What has he ever done to you?

Postby Wildey

SPOT 9 Quarter Final DRAW
Tony Knowles v Mark Lloyd
Callum Beresford v Luke Pinches
Ian Burns v Soheil Vahedi
Simon Blackwell v Saqib Nasir

SPOT 10 Quarter Final DRAW
Ben Mertens v Lei Peifan/Patrick Wallace
George Pragnell v Sanderson Lam
Billy Joe Castle
v David Lilley
Dylan Mitchell v Dave Finbow/Eden Sharav

SPOT 11 Last 16 DRAW
Kishan Hirani v Ryan Davies
Ross Bulman v Lewis Gillen
Sam Baird v John J Astley
Haydon Pinhey v Kuldesh Johal
Rod Lawler
v Mitchell Mann
Bai Langning
v Luo Honghao
Dylan Emery v Brian Cini
Florian Nuessle v Dean Young

SPOT 12 Last 16 DRAW
Michael Georgiou v Yao Pengcheng
Duane Jones v Alex Millington
Ben Fortey v Michael White
Hammad Miah
v Oliver Brown
Mateusz Baranowski v Ian Martin
Daan Leyssen v Si Jiahui
Robbie McGuigan v Neal Jones
Jenson Kendrick v Joshua Cooper

Tony Knowles has a lot of inexperience around him in the draw Callum Beresford, Mark Lloyd and Luke Pinches combined age is 60 6 years Younger than Tony Knowles who will be 66 on Sunday will he be playing on his birthday?

Postby The_Abbott

Q-Dad's Army School this year.

Wallace and Finbow are leading in their matches

Postby Wildey

Dave Finbow was a pro for 14 years 1991-2005 and he retired mid-season due to bad anxiety he was struggling with he played his last match in the 2004 UK Championship and lost 9-4 to Neil Robertson in the last 80 of that event.

He did not appear again for 15 years when he appeared in Q School 2019 without any success and has played Q School in 2020 and again this year. He also played in the 2020 Gibraltar Open that was ravaged by Covid withdrawals and he got 2 Walk Overs before he lost 3-2 to Andrew Pagett.

Anxiety was a massive problem for him i have to presume hes got over that seeing as he's competing well this week with all the Covid Protocalls to get through.

Postby The_Abbott

Wildey wrote:Dave Finbow was a pro for 14 years 1991-2005 and he retired mid-season due to bad anxiety he was struggling with he played his last match in the 2004 UK Championship and lost 9-4 to Neil Robertson in the last 80 of that event.

He did not appear again for 15 years when he appeared in Q School 2019 without any success and has played Q School in 2020 and again this year. He also played in the 2020 Gibraltar Open that was ravaged by Covid withdrawals and he got 2 Walk Overs before he lost 3-2 to Andrew Pagett.

Anxiety was a massive problem for him i have to presume hes got over that seeing as he's competing well this week with all the Covid Protocalls to get through.

Hopefully hes on the correct medication now. He's looking good at the moment 3-0 over a decent enough player in Sharav.

Postby SteveJJ

The_Abbott wrote:
Wildey wrote:Tony Knowles has beaten Sean O'Sullivan 4-1 and is 3 matches away from the Main Tour for the first time since 2001.

That did shock me when I saw that result but I guess he is more confident now with a few wins behind him. The draw through to the final is a high probability now. Still don't think he will make it though but would be good to see as a top up player next season

I don't think he will be a top up player unless there are mass pullouts, even if he were to lose in the last round. He's only 64th on the oom.

Postby csprince

knowles is on course to make the challenge tour assuming that goes ahead. when you take away the eight players already qualified plus the top 2 on the order of merit who will join the main tour. knowles is 54 as i write this. of course not high enough to get into the main tour events.

Postby Wildey

csprince wrote:knowles is on course to make the challenge tour assuming that goes ahead. when you take away the eight players already qualified plus the top 2 on the order of merit who will join the main tour. knowles is 54 as i write this. of course not high enough to get into the main tour events.

I Think Q Tour has to go ahead in some form this season even if its all played in Milton Keynes

Postby hendry_fan

So Muir did,nt manage it then. :-( and Cahill also!.

But Young Dean is 3-0 up against the Austria wonder. :happy:

Tk,DF make it to round 4,COME ONN GUYS!,KEEP GOIN!,QUALIFY!.

Re: Provisional calendar 2021/22 season

Postby Wildey

Bai Langning 4-0 Luo Honghao

Now Bai in the box seat to qualify doesent mean he will

He did not have a fair crack of the whip during his first 2 seasons, i, for one, hope he qualifies.

Postby The_Abbott

Honghao will have plenty of time to tickle the ivorys next year. He gone from tour.

Postby csprince

with ross bulman winning at least two frames. daniel wells misses out on the challenge tour.

Re: Provisional calendar 2021/22 season

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:Bai Langning 4-0 Luo Honghao

Now Bai in the box seat to qualify doesent mean he will

He did not have a fair crack of the whip during his first 2 seasons, i, for one, hope he qualifies.

Yes I had thought it might be a tense match between two boys who know each other well from Roger Leighton's Wiraka academy in Shenzhen. As it turned out, Luo only potted 6 balls.

Postby The_Abbott

Rod Plod has gone.

Mitchelin Mann in a good position on OoM