Dylan Mitchell v Dave Finbow

SPOT 11 Quarter Final DRAW
Ryan Davies v Ross Bulman
John J Astley v Haydon Pinhey
Mitchell Mann v Bai Langning
Dylan Emery v Dean Young

Re: Q School 3 !!!

Postby SteveJJ

Michael White beats Ben Fortey in the same round for the third time this q school

Postby aimlesswandeer

The_Abbott wrote:Rod Plod has gone.

Mitchelin Mann in a good position on OoM

He’s no speed merchant either - 35.9 AST compared to Rod’s 33.9.

Postby SteveJJ

aimlesswandeer wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Rod Plod has gone.

Mitchelin Mann in a good position on OoM

He’s no speed merchant either - 35.9 AST compared to Rod’s 33.9.

May have been Rocket Roddie's downfall...playing too quickly

Postby SteveJJ

TK wins the first frame!

Ian Burns on the brink. 3-1 down to Vahedi.

Duane Jones wins a decider.

Si Jiahui in a decider with Leyssen of Belgium. 28pts behind.

Robbie McGuigan through.

LBM 2-0 down to Lei Peifan. Lei Peifan cementing his OOM good position

Postby csprince

SteveJJ wrote:TK wins the first frame!

Ian Burns on the brink. 3-1 down to Vahedi.

Duane Jones wins a decider.

Si Jiahui in a decider with Leyssen of Belgium. 28pts behind.

Robbie McGuigan through.

LBM 2-0 down to Lei Peifan. Lei Peifan cementing his OOM good position

nice edit steve.

Postby Wildey

Situation to date

SPOT 9 Quarter Final DRAW
Tony Knowles 1-0 Mark Lloyd
Callum Beresford 1-1 Luke Pinches
Ian Burns 1-3 Soheil Vahedi
Simon Blackwell 0-0 Saqib Nasir

SPOT 10 Quarter Final DRAW
Ben Mertens 0-3 Lei Peifan
George Pragnell v Sanderson Lam
Billy Joe Castle 2-2 David Lilley
Dylan Mitchell v Dave Finbow

SPOT 11 Quarter Final DRAW
Ryan Davies v Ross Bulman
John J Astley v Haydon Pinhey
Mitchell Mann v Bai Langning
Dylan Emery v Dean Young

SPOT 12 Quarter Final DRAW
Michael Georgiou v Duane Jones
Michael White v Hammad Miah
Mateusz Baranowski v Daan Leyssen/Si Jiahui
Robbie McGuigan v Joshua Cooper

Postby csprince

sir tony of knowles goes 2-0 up on mark lloyd.

Postby SteveJJ

Burns back from the brink to win the last 3 and consign Soheil Vahedi to a heartbreaking defeat. Wonder if he stayed in his chair like he did at the World qualifying event like a modern day Alex Higgins

Postby SteveJJ

SteveJJ wrote:Burns back from the brink to win the last 3 and consign Soheil Vahedi to a heartbreaking defeat. Wonder if he stayed in his chair like he did at the World qualifying event like a modern day Alex Higgins

Not out of the race for the oom depending on results and who qualifies but maybe unlikely. Considering his interview that he wasn't enjoying life in Darlington it will be interesting to see if he hangs about for the challenge tour

Postby lhpirnie

SteveJJ wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Burns back from the brink to win the last 3 and consign Soheil Vahedi to a heartbreaking defeat. Wonder if he stayed in his chair like he did at the World qualifying event like a modern day Alex Higgins

Not out of the race for the oom depending on results and who qualifies but maybe unlikely. Considering his interview that he wasn't enjoying life in Darlington it will be interesting to see if he hangs about for the challenge tour

I'm not sure what the status of the challenge tour is. If he needs a working VISA, then he might not get one.

Postby SnookerEd25

lhpirnie wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

I'm not sure what the status of the challenge tour is. If he needs a working VISA, then he might not get one.

He’s married to a British lass - will that help at all? :chin:

Postby The_Abbott

Senior World champ on the challenge tour.

Postby The_Abbott

Knowles back to working on DIY SOS again

Postby SteveJJ

Astley loses. He'll be back next year as he's never gonna give snooker up

Postby The_Abbott

Bai Langning has lost and is off the tour.

Postby SteveJJ

The_Abbott wrote:Bai Langning has lost and is off the tour.

Bye Bai Langning

Postby SteveJJ

Has it been announced who the European, African, Asian and Pan American nominations are for this coming season? I'm assuming none held their normal qualification tournaments?

Postby csprince

SteveJJ wrote:Has it been announced who the European, African, Asian and Pan American nominations are for this coming season? I'm assuming none held their normal qualification tournaments?

haven't heard anything as i normally visit the world snooker site every day the african nomination normally joins the tour late anyway because of when they play their tournament.

Postby Wildey

Last Day 17 Players and 6 spots to fill

SPOT 9 Semi Final DRAW
Mark Lloyd v Luke Pinches
Ian Burns v Simon Blackwell

SPOT 10 Semi Final DRAW
Lei Peifan v Sanderson Lam
Billy Joe Castle v Dave Finbow

SPOT 11 Semi Final DRAW
Ross Bulman v Haydon Pinhey
Mitchell Mann v Dean Young

SPOT 12 Semi Final DRAW
Duane Jones v Michael White
Si Jiahui v Joshua Cooper

Still with a Chance via Order Of Merit
Hammad Miah (out of q school)
Lei Peifan
Duane Jones
Mitchell Mann
Sanderson Lam
Ian Burns

Postby aimlesswandeer

Wildey wrote:Last Day 17 Players and 6 spots to fill

SPOT 9 Semi Final DRAW

SPOT 10 Semi Final DRAW

SPOT 11 Semi Final DRAW

SPOT 12 Semi Final DRAW

Lei Peifan
Duane Jones
Mitchell Mann
Sanderson Lam
Ian Burns

By my reckoning just one ex pro in spot 9 and 11. I’m hoping Dean Young makes it, it would be good to have a young Scot on tour, but I suspect that Mann will grind his way through that section.

A great performance by Finbow. I don’t especially want another veteran making it through but I would be happy for him if he did after his problems when he was last on Tour.

Postby aimlesswandeer

csprince wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Has it been announced who the European, African, Asian and Pan American nominations are for this coming season? I'm assuming none held their normal qualification tournaments?

haven't heard anything as i normally visit the world snooker site every day the african nomination normally joins the tour late anyway because of when they play their tournament.

With there not being the big amateur tournaments this year there must be a few unfilled spots. I wonder if they’ll give out more than 2 OOM cards.

Postby hendry_fan

aimlesswandeer wrote:
Wildey wrote:Last Day 17 Players and 6 spots to fill

SPOT 9 Semi Final DRAW

SPOT 10 Semi Final DRAW

SPOT 11 Semi Final DRAW

SPOT 12 Semi Final DRAW

Lei Peifan
Duane Jones
Mitchell Mann
Sanderson Lam
Ian Burns

By my reckoning just one ex pro in spot 9 and 11. I’m hoping Dean Young makes it, it would be good to have a young Scot on tour, but I suspect that Mann will grind his way through that section.

A great performance by Finbow. I don’t especially want another veteran making it through but I would be happy for him if he did after his problems when he was last on Tour.

Indeed great stuff from Dave!.

"but I would be happy for him if he did after his problems when he was last on Tour". +1 <ok>

Aye,it,s certainly gonna be a toughie for Young Dean.The pressure is extremly on now!.

I,ve been checking his scoreing,and he,s not been scoreing high at all.But,as i like to keep pointin out,snooker aint just about pottin balls,makin breaks,although it obviously helps,if you can score heavy.

I,d like to see Pinches JR make it too.

Postby The_Abbott

I would rather they gave cards to more OoM then the African or Australian champ as they never turn up. Or take away Hendry's Jimmy card.

These boys deserve it more and will turn up even as top up's.

Postby Wildey

aimlesswandeer wrote:
csprince wrote:

With there not being the big amateur tournaments this year there must be a few unfilled spots. I wonder if they’ll give out more than 2 OOM cards.

Theres 91 on Tour with top 64 and players on the second of their 2 years Cards meaning there are 37 spots to make it 128 howver on here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%8 ... ker_season it says 36 which makes it 127 with 5 international spots still not filled.

Postby Wildey

This is a much younger Q School than Q School 2 was only 2 players over 30 and only 1 player Dave Finbow older than the 4 that Qualified from QS2

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:
csprince wrote:

Theres 91 on Tour with top 64 and players on the second of their 2 years Cards meaning there are 37 spots to make it 128 howver on here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%8 ... ker_season it says 36 which makes it 127 with 5 international spots still not filled.

Snooker Scene intimated there would be continental nominations. Whether thats true or an assumption i don't know.

You'd think if they are nominating without a qualifying tournament happening that it won't be anyone who has been at q school, as why would you waste someones expense entering if you were going to nominate them regardless?

Postby aimlesswandeer

SteveJJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:
csprince wrote:

Snooker Scene intimated there would be continental nominations. Whether thats true or an assumption i don't know.

You'd think if they are nominating without a qualifying tournament happening that it won't be anyone who has been at q school, as why would you waste someones expense entering if you were going to nominate them regardless?

They could give it to the highest ranked player on the OOM for Q School from each region?

Postby aimlesswandeer

Dean Young wins the first frame against MM from 50+ down. He’s going to have to do the same in frame two.