Yang Jiaxin 4-3 Wang Jing
Deng Haohui 3-3* Deng Jinhong
Cao Yupeng 4-0 Cheng Sihong
Liu Hongyu 4-3 He Guoqiang
Au Chi-wai 0-4 Zhang Yong
bye 0-4 Chen Ruifu (4)

Re: CBSA qualifying event 1

Postby chengdufan

Where are you getting the results from Motorhead?

Postby motorhead

chengdufan wrote:Where are you getting the results from Motorhead?

Twitter (@Nick007J)

Postby motorhead

(3) Peng Yisong 4-0 bye
Xiao Bo 4-1 Lu Guoyuan
Wu Shengguang 4-0 Liu Kaijin
Ma Hailong 3-4 Long Zehuang

Tu Xuan 3-4 Zhang Zhijie
Bai Yulu 4-0 Wang Haowei
Xie Jintao 1-4 Liang Xiaolong
bye 0-4 Pa Ruke (6)

(7) Li Yuan 4-3 Feng Yu
Song Yang 4-3 Liu Weiwei
Zhou Jun 1-4 Luo Zetao
Guo Chuang 1-4 Zhao Hanyang
Qiao Qiao 2-2* Yang Shuo
Wu Yize 4-0 Deng Fuyi
Lin Shuai ?-? Chen Qiyu
bye 0-4 Zhang Yong (2)

Postby lhpirnie

One correction. The player named 'Li Yuan' on those lists is actually Li Yan. He is a tall left-hander who played on the pro tour from 2011-14, but suffered from terrible health problems which limited his progress. After returning to China he has mixed snooker with Chinese 9-Ball Pool, but has always said he would like another chance at the pro game. He's still only 28.

Li Yuan was a different player who quit the pro tour in 2019 to become a director in the CBSA, and hasn't played seriously since then.

Postby chengdufan

I won't be going to this unfortunately.

I mentioned the idea to my wife, and, well... I needn't say any more.

Postby stanley_

lhpirnie wrote:One correction. The player named 'Li Yuan' on those lists is actually Li Yan. He is a tall left-hander who played on the pro tour from 2011-14, but suffered from terrible health problems which limited his progress. After returning to China he has mixed snooker with Chinese 9-Ball Pool, but has always said he would like another chance at the pro game. He's still only 28.

Li Yuan was a different player who quit the pro tour in 2019 to become a director in the CBSA, and hasn't played seriously since then.

Apologies if this is too much of an ask but I've been following the progress of the Chinese players over the years and was curious about the ones who have fallen off the tour. I make it 20 who have fallen off (not including anyone from this year). The first 7 are in these qualifiers:

Zhang Anda
Cao Yupeng
Zhang Yong
Li Yan
Fang Xiongman
Zhang Jiankang
Ju Reti

Liu Chuang
Liu Song
Yu Delu
Jin Long
Chen Zhe
Rouzi Maimaiti
Wang Yuchen
Niu Zhuang
Chen Feilong
Cao Xinlong
Lyu Chenwei
Li Yuan
Shi Hanqing

Just curious about if you know who is still playing/might ever make a comeback to the pro tour. I know Yu Delu is banned for years, of course.

Thanks for all the info you provide on here, have read your posts for quite a while but haven't been posting.

Postby stanley_

Dan-cat wrote:New users all over the place, welcome Stanley.

<ok>

Have read the forum for quite a while and decided to finally start posting. Used to watch snooker when I was a kid (particularly the late 90s to 2000s). Hendry was my favourite player and I gradually lost interest when he declined. Started watching much more in the past year or so since Covid kicked in and have been watching quite a lot of the qualifiers so far in the past few days.

Postby Dan-cat

stanley_ wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:New users all over the place, welcome Stanley.

<ok>

Have read the forum for quite a while and decided to finally start posting. Used to watch snooker when I was a kid (particularly the late 90s to 2000s). Hendry was my favourite player and I gradually lost interest when he declined. Started watching much more in the past year or so since Covid kicked in and have been watching quite a lot of the qualifiers so far in the past few days.

We've been truly spoilt during covid times, wall to wall snooker, has been brilliant.

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:I won't be going to this unfortunately.

I mentioned the idea to my wife, and, well... I needn't say any more.

She stole your ticket and is enthralled in the green baize action, while you mope at home?

Postby lhpirnie

stanley_ wrote:Apologies if this is too much of an ask but I've been following the progress of the Chinese players over the years and was curious about the ones who have fallen off the tour. I make it 20 who have fallen off (not including anyone from this year). The first 7 are in these qualifiers:

Zhang Anda
Cao Yupeng
Zhang Yong
Li Yan
Fang Xiongman
Zhang Jiankang
Ju Reti

Liu Chuang
Liu Song
Yu Delu
Jin Long
Chen Zhe
Rouzi Maimaiti
Wang Yuchen
Niu Zhuang
Chen Feilong
Cao Xinlong
Lyu Chenwei
Li Yuan
Shi Hanqing

Just curious about if you know who is still playing/might ever make a comeback to the pro tour. I know Yu Delu is banned for years, of course.

Thanks for all the info you provide on here, have read your posts for quite a while but haven't been posting.

I'm aware of some of them. The top 6 guys on the list are still keen to return to the world tour. Ju Reti is in Shandong coaching several promising young players. He still plays to an excellent standard, but probably not interested in a major comeback - he gave up his wildcard place to his pupil Gao Yang in the 2019 World Open. He's led an incredible life actually.

Liu Chuang voluntarily left the UK to return to Liaoning, got married (Li Hang was best man!), and has played quite successfully on the Chinese 9-Ball Pool circuit. In 2018 he considered making a comeback, and visited the UK (I met him at the UK Championship in York), played in a couple of events in China, but didn't really follow it up.

Chen Feilong runs a club in Chengdu. He tried desperately hard to keep his pro career going after really enjoying his 2 years. He stayed here during the whole pandemic last year, practicing on his own in Mike Dunn's Darlington academy, but didn't get through Q School. He's 38 now and probably feels it's too late.

Wang Yuchen was a bright boy who tried to combine studying with playing. He's now in college.

Liu Song works as a coach and snooker journalist in Tianjin. I get a lot of information from him about the snooker scene in China, as well as interviews from the Chinese professionals after their matches here.

Li Yuan is one of the CBSA regional directors, in Xi'an I think.

Rouzi Maimaiti, Shi Hanqing, Cao Xinlong and Jin Long regularly compete on the Chinese tour. Niu Zhuang seems to have disappeared after 2 unhappy years in the UK. Another former pro, Pang Weiguo, works as a coach in Beijing. He was responsible for persuading Lyu Haotian to return snooker after his breakdown, for which I'm eternally grateful. I haven't heard about Lyu Chenwei and Chen Zhe - they played a couple of CBSA events, but not consistently.

Postby lhpirnie

Second round top half results:

Zhang Anda 3:4 Fang Xiongman
Xing Zihao 0:4 Zhang Jiankang
Geng Mingqi 4:2 Wang Zepeng
Su Jinxiong 3:4 Ju Reti
Yao Pengcheng 4:0 Qiao Tianhao
Yang Niaxin 0:4 Deng Haohui
Cao Yupeng 2:4 Liu Hongyu
Zhang Yang 2:4 Chen Ruifu

Remember, one of these players will get a tour card for 2021-23! The two most well-known players, Zhang Anda and Cao Yupeng, have lost. They will have another chance in CQS2 in a few days.

The bottom-half second round matches are being played now (9am UK time):

Peng Yisong-Xiao Bo
Wu Shengguang-Long Zehuang
Tu Xuan-Bai Yulu
Liang Xiaolong-Pa Ruke
Li Yan-Song Yang
Luo Zetao-Zhao Hanyang
Yang Shuo-Wu Yize
Lin Shuai-Zhang Yong

Postby lhpirnie

Peng Yisong 4:3 Xiao Bo
Wu Shengguang 2:4 Long Zehuang
Tu Xuan 4:3 Bai Yulu
Liang Xiaolong 1:4 Pa Ruke
Li Yan 4:0 Song Yang
Luo Zetao 4:2 Zhao Hanyang
Yang Shuo 0:4 Wu Yize
Lin Shuai 2:4 Zhang Yong

Third round now in progress.

Postby HappyCamper

wu yize had to turn down a spot at the wold championship qualifiers. so good to see him doing well.

Postby lhpirnie

Fang Xiongman 2:4 Zhang Jiankang
Geng Mingqi 3:4 Ju Reti
Yao Pengcheng 1:4 Deng Haohui
Liu Hongyu 3:4 Chen Ruifu

Peng Yisong 1:4 Long Zehuang
Tu Xuan 0:4 Pa Ruke
Li Yan 0:4 Luo Zetao
Wu Yize 4:1 Zhang Yong

Postby lhpirnie

This sets up the last rounds, to be played tomorrow:

Zhang Jiankang-Ju Reti
Deng Haohui-Chen Ruifu

Long Zehuang-Pa Ruke
Luo Zetao-Wu Yize

One player from each half to receive a tour card!

Only Zhang Jiankang has been a full-time pro before. Ju Reti qualified, but because of financial difficulties only played one match in the UK. He stayed in Liang Wenbo's house for the Tour Championship final in 2014, losing to Judd Trump in the first round. Deng Haohui is very young, Chen Ruifu is a tournament winner on the CBSA tour and a good prospect.

In the bottom half Wu Yize is an exciting 17-year old and strong favourite after his win against Zhang Yong. Luo Zetao is a good young prospect. The other two are older. Long Zehuang has tried Q School a couple of times and done reasonably well, but combines snooker and 9-Ball.

Postby lhpirnie

mick745 wrote:Do we know what age Deng Haohui is? Is he old enough to have a tour card?

Apparently he's already 18. Apologies, I'd thought he was younger. He looks about 12! In any case he's probably the outsider in the top half. Ju Reti is puzzling me - he's a fine player but has turned down many opportunities in the past. Would he really come over here and play if he got the tour card?

Postby lhpirnie

Zhang Jiankang 4:1 Ju Reti
Deng Haohui 4:0 Chen Ruifu
Long Zehuang 3:4 Pa Ruke
Luo Zetao 0:4 Wu Yize

So it's Zhang Jiankang-Deng Haohui or Wu Yize-Pa Ruke for the two qualification places.

Postby chengdufan

Thanks for the correction about Ju Reti's tournament in the UK not being the CoC by the way. My memory totally failed me on that one!