Post a reply

ABSF Snooker Championship

Postby SteveJJ

So the last route to a tour card for next season (after the Euro Champ is crowned tomorrow) will be for the winner of the African Championship which starts in Casablanca next week.

I can't see a draw yet so don't know if Amiri will be back to defend his crown from the last time the event was held in 2019.

Not sure the order of tournaments as there are Mens, Womens, 6 red, seniors and team events but good luck all!

Re: ABSF Snooker Championship

Postby HappyCamper

i think there is also one more chinese nomination from the cbsa to go as well, unless that has been announced.

Postby lhpirnie

HappyCamper wrote:i think there is also one more chinese nomination from the cbsa to go as well, unless that has been announced.

Apparently no second CBSA nomination.

Postby chengdufan

lhpirnie wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:i think there is also one more chinese nomination from the cbsa to go as well, unless that has been announced.

Source?

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Source?

WPBSA Head of comms via Twitter. I queried the same thing when he said the Euro and African winners were the last two tour cards. No reason given from change to original announcement of 2 Chinese nominations.

Postby chengdufan

SteveJJ wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Source?

WPBSA Head of comms via Twitter. I queried the same thing when he said the Euro and African winners were the last two tour cards. No reason given from change to original announcement of 2 Chinese nominations.

<ok>

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Source?

<ok>

There was a question about it on the Liu Song blog, and he replied that there was no second nomination. It's possible that the postponement of the Xi'an tournaments means that the CBSA failed to meet the conditions to get a second tour card. But yes, there does seem to be lack of transparency.

Postby gninnur karona

lhpirnie wrote:There was a question about it on the Liu Song blog, and he replied that there was no second nomination. It's possible that the postponement of the Xi'an tournaments means that the CBSA failed to meet the conditions to get a second tour card. But yes, there does seem to be lack of transparency.

Meanwhile Gao Yang finished 5th on the one-year list of those outside the top 64, and Zhao Jianbo topped the UK QSchool Order of Merit by eight frames.

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Source?

that has been known to change before the fact there are 129 tour players as it is they not going to push for more unless its obvious

Postby lhpirnie

gninnur karona wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:There was a question about it on the Liu Song blog, and he replied that there was no second nomination. It's possible that the postponement of the Xi'an tournaments means that the CBSA failed to meet the conditions to get a second tour card. But yes, there does seem to be lack of transparency.

Meanwhile Gao Yang finished 5th on the one-year list of those outside the top 64, and Zhao Jianbo topped the UK QSchool Order of Merit by eight frames.

And Luo Honghao was denied entry to Thailand. I think Zhao Jianbo will be fine with top-up places and Q Tour: he will hope to emulate Si Jiahui. The other two may find it difficult to keep going, with no tournaments to play in.

Postby HappyCamper

Quarter finals started:
Mohamed Ibrahim (Egy) v Mahmoud El Hareedy (Egy)
Chawky Hisham (Egy) v Matour Reda (Mar)
Yassine Zaraoni (Mar) v Mehdi Rouissi (Mar)
Magdy Amir (Egy) v Younes Rabii (Mar)