Post a reply

Re: Championship League Discussion!!!

Postby Andre147

Mavis wins his semi against Day.

Watched a bit of that match and frame 1 proved vital, Mavis won it after needing a snooker of 5 penalty points, both blobbed the final black but in the end Mavis potted it and then won the match 3-1.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:Mavis wins his semi against Day.

Watched a bit of that match and frame 1 proved vital, Mavis won it after needing a snooker of 5 penalty points, both blobbed the final black but in the end Mavis potted it and then won the match 3-1.

And now he leads 1-0 in the final.

Postby Andre147

CL may be crap but just to listen to Clive commentating makes it worth watching a bit.

Clive :bowdown: Shame on the BBC for sacking this brilliant commentator,second only to Ted Lowe.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:CL may be crap but just to listen to Clive commentating makes it worth watching a bit.

Clive :bowdown: Shame on the BBC for sacking this brilliant commentator,second only to Ted Lowe.

Agreed!

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 20th of January

Followed by
The Final
Mark Davis 1-3 Ali Carter

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image

Group 4 21st and 22nd of January
Group 5 26th and 27th of January
Group 6 28th and 29th of January
Group 7 9th and 10th of February
Winners Group 11th and 12th of February

Group 4 Players

Mark Davis
Ryan Day
Stuart Bingham
Peter Ebdon
Matthew Stevens
Michael White
David Gilbert

DRAW

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:CL may be crap but just to listen to Clive commentating makes it worth watching a bit.

They wanted to bring in youth. The youth they replaced him with was Steve Davis and John Parrott.

Postby Muppet147

Agreed. Clive Everton is a legend.

Parrot is a boring scouser.

Postby sigsky

Martin Gould is now on for Group 6. Is anyone else expecting Ronnie to withdraw from Group 5? I have nothing to base this on except it seems like a very unlikely format for him. I genuinely hope we see him.

Postby vodkadiet

Muppet147 wrote:

Agreed. Clive Everton is a legend.

Parrot is a boring scouser.

I thought Parrott was an Everton fan?!!!!

One side note, did anyone know that Parrott beat Everton 10-0 in World qualifying 1984?

Postby Andre147

sigsky wrote:Martin Gould is now on for Group 6. Is anyone else expecting Ronnie to withdraw from Group 5? I have nothing to base this on except it seems like a very unlikely format for him. I genuinely hope we see him.

Don't think Ronnie will withdraw, he has already said he'll use this event as practice for German Masters and he has played in this event before in 2011 and 2010, albeit he only played in one Group each.

However if he doesn't come through as a winner here in Group 5 or 6 he may then withdraw.

I couldn't care less about this to be honest, it's just nice he can increase his tons tally which stands at 29 this season and maybe he can have his best season centuries wise which stands at 53.

Postby SnookerFan

sigsky wrote:Martin Gould is now on for Group 6. Is anyone else expecting Ronnie to withdraw from Group 5? I have nothing to base this on except it seems like a very unlikely format for him. I genuinely hope we see him.

Can't say it really matters, either way. No crowd, no proper TV coverage. Only a few really hardcore fans who find a stream are catching it.

If there's one tournament you can understand people pulling out of, it's this one.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 21st of January

11am
Mark Davis v Ryan Day
Stuart Bingham v Peter Ebdon

Followed by
David Gilbert v Matthew Stevens
Michael White v Mark Davis

Not before 2pm
Ryan Day v Stuart Bingham
Peter Ebdon v David Gilbert

Followed by
Matthew Stevens v Michael White
Mark Davis v Stuart Bingham

Not before 6pm
Ryan Day v Peter Ebdon
David Gilbert v Michael White

Followed by
Stuart Bingham v Michael White
Matthew Stevens v Peter Ebdon

Tuesday 6th of January

11pm
Mark Davis v Matthew Stevens
Ryan Day v David Gilbert

Followed by
Peter Ebdon v Michael White
Stuart Bingham v Matthew Stevens

Not before 2pm
Ryan Day v Michael White
Mark Davis v David Gilbert

Followed by
Stuart Bingham v David Gilbert
Ryan Day v Matthew Stevens

Followed by
Mark Davis v Peter Ebdon

Not before 6pm
Semi Finals
1st v 4th
2nd v 3rd

Followed by
The Final

Postby Skullman

Always wondered why ES didn't hire Clive?

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Always wondered why ES didn't hire Clive?

I've wondered that. Maybe they have, and he didn't take the job. Or maybe he's out of their price range.

I may have dreamed it, but hasn't he commentated on billiards on Eurosport. Or some other cue sport anyway? That could just be bullocks, and I'm imagining it.

Postby SnookerFan

There you are, from Wikipedia;

"in October 2009, joined Eurosport as a commentator for their World Series events (which ended after 2009), as well as covering three cushion billiards tournaments. "

So maybe he was offered more Eurosport work, and for whatever reason didn't take it?

Postby Wildey

11am
Mark Davis 1-3 Ryan Day
Stuart Bingham 0-3 Peter Ebdon

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody clock that moment in the Carter / Ebdon game, where Peter rolled round on the floor after Ali made a good shot?

rofl Did Peter do that AGAIN? rofl

He once did it against Cope at the Grand Prix, one of silliest and strange moments I've ever watched happen in Snooker.

Peter rofl :clap:

Postby Wildey

11am
Mark Davis 1-3 Ryan Day
Stuart Bingham 0-3 Peter Ebdon

Followed by
David Gilbert 3-2 Matthew Stevens
Michael White 0-3 Mark Davis

Not before 2pm
Ryan Day 2-3 Stuart Bingham
Peter Ebdon 3-0
David Gilbert

Followed by
Matthew Stevens 2-3 Michael White
Mark Davis 2-3 Stuart Bingham

Not before 6pm
Ryan Day 0-3 Peter Ebdon
David Gilbert 1-3 Michael White

Followed by
Stuart Bingham 2-3 Michael White
Matthew Stevens 3-1 Peter Ebdon

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote: rofl Did Peter do that AGAIN? rofl

He once did it against Cope at the Grand Prix, one of silliest and strange moments I've ever watched happen in Snooker.

I think the match is up on You Tube. Somebody posted it on The Snooker Forum, and told you which bit to fast forward to.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote: rofl Did Peter do that AGAIN? rofl

I think the match is up on You Tube. Somebody posted it on The Snooker Forum, and told you which bit to fast forward to.

I don't normaly visit that website pmsl so could you please tell me which minute it is? I've tried to look for it but couldn't find it.

Postby Andre147

The 2nd semi between Davis and Ebdon started after Bingo finished his so he may have to wait a while here...

Currently they're on their 3rd frame, 1-1, my guess is the Final will start at 9 ish.