Post a reply

Re: Sangsom 6 Red World Championship

Postby SnookerFan

JDM375 wrote:See Andrew Pagett has replaced Selby in the scoring,

He didn't realise that you weren't allowed to roll the cue ball up behind a colour. He got penalised for playing a safety.

Postby Andy Spark

I am thinking that Mark Davis is a three time World Six reds Champion. Nobody seems to think he was advantaged too much by the unconventional rules of this Championship. If Ronnie O'Sullivan was the three times "Six Reds World Champion" then people round here would rubbish this form of the game, say it wasn't "proper" snooker or say that Ronnie does well because the frames are short and to his own liking.

Postby Skullman

No disrespect to Mavis but there really isn't very distinctive about his game. His success in the Six Reds is inexplicable, because nothing about his style of play in the normal fifteen reds game suggests he'd do well in six reds.

With Ronnie, everyone knows he prefers fast paced, attacking snooker and so if he wins a larger proportion of events in a variant that favours that style than he does in ordinary snooker, of course people will attribute it to that.

PS Six reds isn't always faster and while people are more tolerant of it than things like Power Snooker, I don't think many consider it 'proper snooker' as you can see from the level of interest in this thread.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote: I don't think many consider it 'proper snooker' as you can see from the level of interest in this thread.

One of the reasons that the level of interest in this thread not great is because the people in charge of this forum have their own views about relative status and "hide" certain events like this in the "other events" section of the forum, while they highlight events like the International Championship in China by putting it in a "majors" section.

If they put this Six Reds World Championship in a special "World Championship" section (with the main World Championship) or some other major section then I believe it would get far more posts.

Postby Adan

I think the most important in this modality is to be very strong minded and focused in the whole game, any mistake it kills you as even the amateurs can do breaks of 40 so it makes the game much harder, thats why I think Davis is good at this as I think Dott will be or Bingham is.

However one player I rate as strong mentally is Hawkins, and to be honest he is quite disappointing at this.

Postby Wildey

bullocks it doesn't deserve it own section because its crap pure and simple.

however im on holiday so im not taking much notice but if i was home id have given this as much time as any other event

Postby SnookerFan

My Virgin box died with half an hour or so left of the snooker highlights. :grrr: And my internet died.

I called the man in. It's one thing for Virgin to provide a sloppy service, but when they interrupt my snooker watching they go too far. :grrr:

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:My Virgin box died with half an hour or so left of the snooker highlights. :grrr: And my internet died.

I called the man in. It's one thing for Virgin to provide a sloppy service, but when they interrupt my snooker watching they go too far. :grrr:

Your internet died and yet you are posting here. Something doesn't ring true about your whiny little story.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:My Virgin box died with half an hour or so left of the snooker highlights. :grrr: And my internet died.

Your internet died and yet you are posting here. Something doesn't ring true about your whiny little story.

It came back this morning, but was off for a few hours last night. Also, I am now posting at work.

SnookerFan Inc. would like to thank you for your query, and your continued interest in my posts.

Postby Roland

What I think is that Mark Davis in being so good as 6 reds must be very strong at clearing up with a tidy table i.e. colours on spots and a couple of reds in the open.

I've watched some 6 reds before but I would rather play it than watch it.

Postby Andy Spark

For the people that think this six reds is rubbish...why don't they organise a parallel 28 reds tournament to keep them happy!

Postby JDM375

Hossein Vafaei tops his group, shame he can't get that visa looks more than good enough for the tour.

Postby Skullman

Group Stages are now complete. Link here to result for any interested http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=351

Players who haven't lost a match in their group: Dom Dale and Stuart Bingham.

Notable players who didn't progress: Pagett (in only group with five pros), Jimmy White, TT.

Draw for knockout stages will be up when I find one. I will also be updating scores more from this stage.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:For the people that think this six reds is rubbish...why don't they organise a parallel 28 reds tournament to keep them happy!

god sakes

Postby Skullman

Last 32 Draw

Dominic Dale v Robert Milkins
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Liang Wenbo
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Heydari Nezhad Ehsan (a)
Muhammad Asif (a) v Hossein Vafaei Ayouri
Mark Williams v Kacper Filipiak (a)
Joe Perry v Boonyarit Kaettikun (a)
Graeme Dott v Shachar Ruberg (a)
Barry Hawkins v Ricky Walden
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen Maguire v Ben Judge (a)
Jamie Rhys Clarke (a) v ken Doherty
Matthew Stevens v Noppon Saengkham
Michael White v Shaun Murphy
Ryan Day v Kritsanut Lertsattayatthorn (a)
Mark Davis v Michael Holt
John Higgins v Kamal Vhawla (a)
James Wattana v Stuart Bingham

Top Half will be played at 5am GMT, Bottom half at 9am GMT.

Postby PLtheRef

Matches now best of 11 frames until the Semis which are 13 and the Final which is 15

Postby Skullman

Last 32 5am Session

Stephen Maguire 6-4 Ben Judge (a)
Jamie Rhys Clarke (a) 6-5 Ken Doherty
Matthew Stevens 3-6 Noppon Saengkham
Michael White 4-6 Shaun Murphy
Ryan Day 4-6 Kritsanut Lertsattayatthorn (a)
Mark Davis 6-1 Michael Holt
John Higgins 6-3 Kamal Chawla (a)
James Wattana 4-6 Stuart Bingham

Postby Skullman

10am

Dominic Dale 6-2 Robert Milkins
Dechawat Poomjaeng 2-3 Liang Wenbo
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 3-3 Heydari Nezhad Ehsan (a)
Muhammad Asif (a) 2-5 Hossein Vafaei Ayouri
Mark Williams 6-0 Kacper Filipiak (a)
Joe Perry 5-1 Boonyarit Kaettikun (a)
Graeme Dott 2-3 Shachar Ruberg (a)
Barry Hawkins 1-5 Ricky Walden

Postby Skullman

10am

Dominic Dale 6-2 Robert Milkins
Dechawat Poomjaeng 4-5 Liang Wenbo
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-4 Heydari Nezhad Ehsan (a)
Muhammad Asif (a) 4-6 Hossein Vafaei Ayouri
Mark Williams 6-0 Kacper Filipiak (a)
Joe Perry 6-2 Boonyarit Kaettikun (a)
Graeme Dott 4-5 Shachar Ruberg (a)
Barry Hawkins 2-6 Ricky Walden