Post a reply

Re: Sangsom 6 Red World Championship

Postby Skullman

9am

Dominic Dale 1-4 Ricky Walden

In the time it took for the first frame, Ricky wins the next four, Dom barely getting a look in. Could be a quick finish.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Kritsanut Lertsattayatthorn

GIVE US A K!

Let's play Snnoker anagrams!

Who is this? :

A SH*T TYRANT ANT TOUR STALKER

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:Kritsanut Lertsattayatthorn

GIVE US A K!

K :pompom:

GIVE US AN R!

Postby Andre147

First time I'm watching this live, watched a bit on Youtube earlier on.

It's nice we have a Thai player going far in the event, would be lovely if he could win it.

P.S. Having just watched one frame live I'm already bored with this format <laugh> And actually, apart from some exceptions, the frames aren't that quick to be honest.

Postby Andre147

The Thai kid has talent, no doubt about that.

Also the pockets seem a bit more generous than the regular ranking tournament ones, but I guess there's no harm in that.

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:Maguire is getting all the luck in this match.

But the Thai player isn't exactly making the most off his chances... he had that simple green to lead 3-2 and he missed and from there he hasn't looked the same player.

Anyway, looks like it's a Walden v Mags Final.

Postby Skullman

Final

4:30am

Ricky Walden v Stephen Maguire

Just a reminder that the winner of this gets a place in the Champion of Champions and that neither player has already qualified (unless that PTC Walden won last year counts?) so winning this lesser event still has some importance to the normal 15 reds game.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Final

Just a reminder that the winner of this gets a place in the Champion of Champions and that neither player has already qualified (unless that PTC Walden won last year counts?) so winning this lesser event still has some importance to the normal 15 reds game.

your bucking joking

buck sakes what next winner of local leagues :td: <doh>

Postby Skullman

Ding, ROS and Robbo winning so much last season means there are loads of places that have to be filled. Good thing that this year's World Seniors is after the CoC...

Postby PoolBoy

Obviously a seasoned campaigner at 'regular' snooker, Ricky Walden, like Mavis, seems to be very proficient at this format. This is his 3rd final!
Mags will be looking to be the first non-English winner.

Postby Tamctus

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Final

your bucking joking

buck sakes what next winner of local leagues :td: <doh>

Better to fill the places of folks that actually have won something than based on ranking like last year.
6-reds is 25th on the CoC criteria list so it's basically ROS, Ding and Robertson's fault that the winner of this event gets a place, like Skull said.

Postby Skullman

Thanks for that list Tactmus. I knew it was on PSB somewhere but couldn't find it. All sources I heard were acting as if it's a certainty the winner of this gets a CoC place but there's still a decent chance that they won't it seems, unless they've changed the criteria (perfectly possible, I remember hearing the CoC final would be best of 25 or 23 when it was first announced).

Postby Andy Spark

This is a good event and I've enjoyed it! :-)

I think people who criticise departures from the normal format should always bear in mind that it took many years before normal snooker was socially accepted as a departure from the gentleman's sport of billiards. I love the mavericks that thought up snooker! :hatoff:

I also love the potential for future mavericks. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:This is a good event and I've enjoyed it! :-)

I think people who criticise departures from the normal format should always bear in mind that it took many years before normal snooker was socially accepted as a departure from the gentleman's sport of billiards. I love the mavericks that thought up snooker! :hatoff:

There's always room for new formats and different ways of playing the tradicional 15 reds snooker, like 6 Reds and the Shootout. It's just once per year, and it does no harm to the sport, it's just fun and the players actually receive good prize money from these events.

There's always room for these type of events (well Power Snooker excluded as that was really crap pmsl ) once or twice per year, it won't replace the tradicional game as some deluded people once said it would <doh>

I must be honest and say I haven't watched much of this event and for me it isn't that fun, but I respect those who like it and I'm glad it stayed on the calendar.

Postby Skullman

Just a note, snooker.org (which I've been using for match times) said 4:30am, which is why I put that there. But now they've changed it 4:30pm.

For the record I've nothing against the event and would watch it if I had nothing else to do, but bad TV coverage (my Internet is getting to the stage where I can't live streams reliably) and the fact that the first three days are round robin doesn't help.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:This is a good event and I've enjoyed it! :-)

i criticise it out of bordome nothing more than that just don't see any point to it. if they want change of events lets play team or doubles tournaments not this crap

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Just a note, snooker.org (which I've been using for match times) said 4:30am, which is why I put that there. But now they've changed it 4:30pm.

For the record I've nothing against the event and would watch it if I had nothing else to do, but bad TV coverage (my Internet is getting to the stage where I can't live streams reliably) and the fact that the first three days are round robin doesn't help.

snooker org got it wrong possibly a typo it was always going to be 9.30pm local time.

Postby Skullman

Did think it was weird to have a final on a Saturday morning local time, but shrugged it off thinking it would be to give the finalists more time to get to Shanghai.

Postby Dan-cat

6 reds is popular in the clubs in Thailand (cheaper frames) so why not have a pro tournament if it brings more attention and future fans to our beloved game?

No it's not as good as 15, I still watched most if it though.

Postby Andre147

Can't find a stream on Fromsport...

If anyone has any I would appreciate it, if not I won't even bother... Got the Tennis later on :-D