Post a reply

Which member of the class of 92 will retire first?

John Higgins
16%
Mark Williams
72%
Ronnie O'Sullivan
12%

Total votes : 25

Re: Which member of the class of 92 will retire first?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:MJW, followed by Higgins and then Ronnie. For all the hundred times Ronnie talks of retirment, I think he'll be the last one of these 3.

This, I reckon.

I don't actually think Higgins has got many seasons left either. But then I thought that a few years ago.

Postby HustleKing

Either Higgins or Williams, because Ronnie won't retire until he goes in serious decline, which looks at least another 3 years away. I went for Higgins because if he was one absolutely horrendous season he'll pack it in, whereas Williams will be happier with some potentially poor seasons

Postby Vallomas

I am afraid that Higgins will retire first, the scars from the three WSC Finals that he lost in a row (esp. the first two) are deep and have affected his game.

Willo looks more comfortable when he's not able to win tournaments, so I guess he will play more.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Ian McCulloch

I thought he already had retired.

So he wins

Wins what?

His BFH - Bus fair home

You've won £600 between you, but I'm going to need a few minutes counting it out, so we'll go to a commercial break.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:I hope it's O'sullivan. Of course he's still great to watch but otherwise he only drags the game down. Sneering and nonsense talking. Can't stand the sight of him and even want Murphy to beat him.

For all of his retirement talk, Ronnie has five years minimum left in the game.

Postby TheSaviour

My guess (knowledge..) is that it heavily depends on how one can digest the new order. The new order is the one where I personally can see it coming down to between Kyren Wilson and Tian Pengfei IN TERMS OF BEING THE HOTTEST TICKET IN TOWN. The greatest playing ability, where, quite obviously so, the results will also follow up.

It isn´t enough to enjoy to travel around the world to play some snooker, as no-one really can enjoy anything like that. What drives everyone forward, is to be someone like Ronnie O´Sullivan has been for decades now.

Pengfei´s just superb. He first came up as a mentally strong and a calm person, which is very rare to a Chinese man and a snooker player, actually. Then he upped his game significantly, only to be choker and bottler. But that upping was just such that now it is enough. And Kyren obviously always is enough. It´s all about the entertainment.

Watched Allen vs Walker match last evening. Lee Walker does the right thing when he´s attacking when just seeing even a slightly realistic red. He does that very consistently. Only a one flash of his rather nice cannons and clearences... He missed almost every opportunity he had and those difficult reds-efforts... Just didn´t went in, no matter how many he tried.. Still, a way to go and to eye the further success. He´s no choker at all, as the Welsh snooker top players almost never are, but could be said that he could had done with some experiences regarding quarters and semis... Allen wasn´t brave at all, a very carefull, only to miss many oppurtunites as well. You could say they both just has so many different skills and that they simply forget to take on some reds of which even amateurs can easily pot. They just forget that those actually are easy pots, of where not much what could go wrong with the cue ball position either... Poor Allen (yet his sheer class just shines through), rather poor Walker.

They all have just forgot that the problem balls might also be cannoned off. Just extremely carefull playing these days.

And what was ROD LAWLER doing there ffs?! A decent player, after all. But there are dozens better than him. Film them, not Rod Lawler.

It is down to digest many things which currently aren´t quite running. John Higgins always trusts that his top-game will just show up no matter while going through poor periods. Mark Williams eyes to be entertaining person. Ronnie might be thinking about the money mainly. As the people regards him as a wise man also.

Luca Brecel, Kyren Wilson, Tian Pengfei. The future triple. Where not much room anyone to join in. No matter what your name every would be.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:MJW, followed by Higgins and then Ronnie. For all the hundred times Ronnie talks of retirment, I think he'll be the last one of these 3.

This

Postby HappyCamper

Andre147 wrote:
ROS147 wrote:After Williams’ recent comments, I think Higgins will be the first to retire.

I think it will depend who drops off the Tour first.

they'll all get invitational cards if they want them.