Post a reply

Will Ding Junhui win the World Championship?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes : 16

Re: Will Ding Junhui win the World Championship?

Postby TheRocket

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:He'll win it within the next three years.

I've been saying that since 2006

If he could somehow get back to that 2016 or especially 2017 level it could be enough. And I think he will.

It think he always practices hard for the World Championship. As he actually looked sharp in 2018 and 2019 as well. He would have won the World title in 2018 if he had sustained the level of the first two matches against Xiao and McGill. The first round match against McGill this year was a good quality match as well. Unfortunately he slipped back into bad habits after that and collapsed.

But I still believe he'll have another 2-3 deep runs. And then hopefully he'll take full advantage that time.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:He'll win it within the next three years.

I've been saying that since 2006

If he could somehow get back to that 2016 or especially 2017 level it could be enough. And I think he will.

It think he always practices hard for the World Championship. As he actually looked sharp in 2018 and 2019 as well. He would have won the World title in 2018 if he had sustained the level of the first two matches against Xiao and McGill. The first round match against McGill this year was a good quality match as well. Unfortunately he slipped back into bad habits after that and collapsed.

But I still believe he'll have another 2-3 deep runs. And then hopefully he'll take full advantage that time.

I saw his match against Trump this year as the final. I knew the winner would go on to win the title. Ding played superbly in the second session, but there's nothing he could have done in the final session.

Postby TheRocket

I wouldnt quite agree with your analysis regarding the third session.

No doubt that Trump improved in the third session. But he didn't play at a level which would justify him to win six frames in a row. Ding helped him quite a lot. I mean the stats prove it. Ding scored points in every single frame. He wasted quite a few good opportunities, particularly in the first three frames.

Which was the key difference to the 2017 Ding who probably would have crossed the finishing line with the two frame gap going into the 3rd session. He was just a different beast mentally that year. Unfortunately Selbo was just that little bit tougher.