7%
Rod Lawler
No votes
Stuart Carrington
21%

Total votes : 14

Re: Who is the most boring player?

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:Ace has just PM'd me, and wants me to ask why the greatest player of all time Judd hasn't been included in your poll?

EAT CROW, FOOL!

Postby Cloud Strife

I went for Carrington who has not got an ounce of flair in his entire body.

I might have gone for Walker, but there was a time, many moons ago, when he was seen by a number of people as an up and coming young prospect.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't find Ebdon that boring or Joyce.
Not seen much of Lawler so that leaves Carrington and Walker.

I would say Walker

Rod The Plod. rofl

I would vote for Ebdon, but then the first snooker tournament I gave my full attention to was the 2002 World Championships. So you could argue Ebdon helped convert me into a fan.

Postby vodkadiet1

Cloud Strife wrote:I went for Carrington who has not got an ounce of flair in his entire body.

I might have gone for Walker, but there was a time, many moons ago, when he was seen by a number of people as an up and coming young prospect.

Carrington without doubt. He needs to get a charisma bypass operation.

Postby Lemnas

Cloud Strife wrote:I went for Carrington who has not got an ounce of flair in his entire body.

Absolutely true, but I can accept that when those players play Snooker in a normal fashion. Lawler and Walker especially are just too slow. Speed of play is the most important factor for me here.
Also, how has nobody mentioned Andrew Higginson so far?

Postby D4P

Mark Selby and Kyren Wilson belong in the poll. They're widely considered "boring" players to watch, despite being very good.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Well it is all opinions and I have given mine so I suppose I should accept other people's opinions and respect them.

But I don't.

To say Mark Selby is the most boring player reveals a deep level of ignorance. The same could be said of Kyren Wilson but I digress. Selby has been involved in some of the most dramatic and exciting matches that I can remember over the past decade. So explain which matches of Walker or Lawler you have watched that were more exciting than any Selby match.

In fact I'll answer that - you can't. You can't because you have probably never seen those players and all you know about them is their AST.

I think what is at play here is a deep resentment of Mark Selby which is fine. But it does not make him boring. I am genuinely flabbergasted by this you see.

The point of snooker is that it is more subtle and more involved than other sports but no - all you want to see is quick potting and no tactics or strategy.

Load of bullocks.

This forum really is lucky to have me to balance out all the crap that is spoken.

Postby D4P

To be clear, to say that Selby and Wilson belong in the poll isn't necessarily to say that I think they are boring: it's just to say that they seem widely-considered to be boring by many snooker fans.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:To say Mark Selby is the most boring player reveals a deep level of ignorance. The same could be said of Kyren Wilson but I digress. Selby has been involved in some of the most dramatic and exciting matches that I can remember over the past decade. So explain which matches of Walker or Lawler you have watched that were more exciting than any Selby match.

I'm no Selbo fan, but that's a really good point. That alone rules him out for me.

I think he was part of the best snooker match of the decade, which was his World Championship semi-final in 2017 against Ding Junhui. Sport as close as it gets to divine.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:No Rory McLeod?

His win over Judd at the WC was exciting enough all by itself to remove him from consideration.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:

His win over Judd at the WC was exciting enough all by itself to remove him from consideration.

PATHETIC!

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:
D4P wrote:

PATHETIC!

You know who that reminds me of?

Ace.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
D4P wrote:

PATHETIC!

You know who that reminds me of?

Ace.

Really? :shock: