Post a reply

Who will be WN1 at the end of the season?

Ronnie O'Sullivan
20%
Judd Trump
80%
Mark Williams
No votes
Neil Robertson
No votes
John Higgins
No votes
Mark Selby
No votes

Total votes : 20

Re: Who will be WN1 at the end of the season?

Postby Andre147

Trump for me. He might lose his number 1 spot at some point during the season, but he will end it how he started it.

Plus his closest rival Ronnie has a limited schedulle, AND has loads of money to defend from 2 years ago when he won 5 rankers. If Ronnie isnt careful, he could plummet down the rankings.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:If Ronnie isnt careful, he could plummet down the rankings.

"Knowing" Ronnie, I'm pretty sure he'd rather plummet down the rankings than be careful, if "be careful" is defined as "playing a lot of events in order to get Ranking Points".

I'll be shocked if someone other than Judd is WN1 at the end of this season.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:If Ronnie isnt careful, he could plummet down the rankings.

"Knowing" Ronnie, I'm pretty sure he'd rather plummet down the rankings than be careful, if "be careful" is defined as "playing a lot of events in order to get Ranking Points".

I'll be shocked if someone other than Judd is WN1 at the end of this season.

How dare you? Ronnie would do anything for a ranking event.

Postby Ace

Judd.

Old Man Ronnie's reign is over as King as his reign has gone on for far too long. Father time catches up with everyone, Ronnie is no different.

This is Judd's era now and he will finish WN1 and be the most WN1 for the upcoming new decade from 2020 and onwards, which will be Judd's decade.

We have finally reached a point where when people will say "Judd is the man to beat" "Judd brings the fans in" "Judd is the people's champion" etc etc

Postby Cloud Strife

Ace wrote:Judd.

Old Man Ronnie's reign is over as King as his reign has gone on for far too long. Father time catches up with everyone, Ronnie is no different.

This is Judd's era now and he will finish WN1 and be the most WN1 for the upcoming new decade from 2020 and onwards, which will be Judd's decade.

We have finally reached a point where when people will say "Judd is the man to beat" "Judd brings the fans in" "Judd is the people's champion" etc etc

Not yet, we haven't. This will only happen once Ronnie declines significantly.

Postby eraserhead

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ace wrote:We have finally reached a point where when people will say "Judd is the man to beat" "Judd brings the fans in" "Judd is the people's champion" etc etc

No matter how good Judd was last season, he still lacks that special something that brings the crowd out. Ronnie can gather a big crowd in a qualifying round.

Postby Cloud Strife

eraserhead wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Ace wrote:We have finally reached a point where when people will say "Judd is the man to beat" "Judd brings the fans in" "Judd is the people's champion" etc etc

No matter how good Judd was last season, he still lacks that special something that brings the crowd out. Ronnie can gather a big crowd in a qualifying round.

Looking forward to seeing Judd play to an empty arena the next time he's in China. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:I think Sullivan will be top by the end of the season. Yes, I completely accept Trump is the man to beat, but I think he will be beaten. I think he'll start off the season pretty well and then tail off.

If course he'll get beat.

Nobody is suggesting that he'll go all season undefeated.

Postby Lemnas

I don't see how it could be someone else than Trump, but not because he will dominate. Williams and Ronnie have so many points to defend and the players below them are all over 300k behind.
The interesting question is who will be no2 at the end of the season.