Post a reply

Who will be the next second time world champ?

Neil Robertson
35%
Mark Selby
47%
Shaun Murphy
No votes
Graeme Dott
6%
Stuart Bingham
6%
Ken Doherty
No votes
Peter Ebdon
No votes
Other
6%

Total votes : 17

Next second time world champ?

Postby eraserhead

Let's take a moment to ponder who will be next to achieve this remarkable achievement twice!

I think there are only three at the moment capable of doing it which is Robertson, Selby and Murphy. In that order which is odd as Murphy has reached three Finals Selby two and Neil one.

Neil: Some of the stuff he has played this season has been fantastic, he has looked unbeatable at times with the combination of his long game, break building and safety.

Selby: Mark while not at his best at the moment is still a danger to anyone, especially in the longer matches and if he can start scoring a bit heavier then he's one of the favourites. He's also had a long break before this years worlds so we could see a different Selby than the rest of this season

Shaun: Has proved in the last couple of seasons that when he's full of confidence and the long ones are going in he can really bully other players and take control of a match early. The length of the tournament isn't to his advantage though, he's bound to have sessions where his long game isn't great and the way he plays gives opponents plenty of chances.

I've only included past winners because until they've won it once you can't say they'll win it twice, but if you think someone can do it before the rest I've included other as an option.