Who were (is) slower?

Terry Griffiths
73%
Peter Ebdon
27%

Total votes : 15

Re: Who were (is) slower-Terry Griffiths or Peter Ebdon

Postby Andre147

I definately know who that player Vodka mentioned... He commentates for the Aussie Open nowadays, and I've heard Clive Everton say he was/is the slowest player he ever met.

I can also think of Steady Eddie Charlton who was pretty damn slow on his day.

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:Whats about Thorburn for buck sake he was the slowest painful to watch him.

Thorburn was slow but fascinating to watch i loved watching him work out a break.

Postby Wildey

on the poll Peter Ebdon is slower.

Terry was a pretty fluent player at times and gained a reputation that was not totally accurate.

in the 80s there was countless players that was slower than him.

Postby TheSaviour

Ebdon can play very slow at times, but he is also one those rare players who can´t miss. Not any "normal pots". Well obviously all the players including Peter sometimes do miss even easy / normal pots, but in Peter´s case that´s always down to some EXTRAORDINARY disorder. Someone like Rod Lawler also plays slow AND he grinds out things. Rod plays slow because he needs to retrieve the pot and things. That he even does have the chance to pot the ball. Rod doesn´t posses the talent than Peter does. That doesn´t mean Rod couldn't play the better pots, shots or tactics than Peter.

There´s also a lots of rubbish been wrote about Peter. I wonder if someone misses the point here..? I mean the point about why Peter´s been labelled "Psycho" or as a some kind of a narcist? The idea about all those kind of labelling is giving a fair deal to people, including Peter.

And talking about fair deals, 4,5 years ago I woked up early morning when I was ringed that don´t bother to come to work anymore. With no reason. After 10 years working in that company, after always at least a decent performances . And then they didn´t even pay me the money they owed me, arguing that I had their expensive phone, from which they charged 700 euros. For nothing. I could figure out a much more fair deal than that what I got....