Win the WC whilst in his sixties?

Yes
19%
No
78%
Maybe
4%

Total votes : 27

Re: Can Ronnie win the World title in his 60s?

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:He's 39 now.

I think it's possible. The man is a freak of nature, if anyone can defy old age and stick two fingers up to Father Time it is Ronnie.

Is this supposed to a joke? <laugh>

I believe Ronnie may win one in his 40s if he carries on playing great and the desire is still there, but in his 60s <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:A lot of strange threads have popped up here recently <laugh>

yup but Strange People have started them so i cant move them because in their own Mind its a genuine Question.

Postby Cloud Strife

Sickpotter wrote:So far we've got 2 delusional people who think this is a possibility :roll:

Think about it. Davis reached the quarters in his fifties whilst also beating the defending champ along the way. Now Ronnie is a hundred times better and more talented than Davis ever was. It's not a stretch to suggest Ronnie can nick a world title whilst in his seventh decade on Earth.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:So far we've got 2 delusional people who think this is a possibility :roll:

Think about it. Davis reached the quarters in his fifties whilst also beating the defending champ along the way. Now Ronnie is a hundred times better and more talented than Davis ever was. It's not a stretch to suggest Ronnie can nick a world title whilst in his seventh decade on Earth.

can you seriously see Ronnie playing for another 21 years and even if he did theres a difference between his 60s and Davis 50s not to mention Difference between Winning and a Quarter finalist.

Postby shankly

Cloud Strife wrote:Think about it. Davis reached the quarters in his fifties whilst also beating the defending champ along the way. Now Ronnie is a hundred times better and more talented than Davis ever was. It's not a stretch to suggest Ronnie can nick a world title whilst in his seventh decade on Earth.

Come on now, don't be silly. You must be taking the mick?

Incidentally, the last time ROS was on Talksport him and Andy Goldstein had a bit of a laugh about this! Goldstein joked that Ronnie could get a free bus to Sheffield and win the Worlds in his 60s. That got a chuckle out of me, but.... no.

Postby vodkadiet

I expect the line up for The World Championship semi finals in 2038 to be:

O'Sullivan vs Steve Davis
Stephen Hendry vs John Parrott

Hard to pick a winner from that.

Steve Davis may be somewhat tired though having just beaten Jimmy White in the quarter final 13-12 in a black ball finish just after Midnight.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 30 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:Of course Ronnie can be World Champion in his 60s, in fact I'd be surprised if he wasn't, World SENIORS Champion that is.

Brecel might give the old man a few problems....

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Of course Ronnie can be World Champion in his 60s, in fact I'd be surprised if he wasn't, World SENIORS Champion that is.

rofl

Postby Clara8633

vodkadiet wrote:

rofl

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

It was only a matter of time before he was knocked out as he's been in his hate snooker phase for a good few months now. It's been known for him to take a few years to get that back.