Post a reply

Should the bot threads be locked, or do you prefer them open?

Poll ended at 10 Apr 2022

Open - I find the bot threads useful/of interest
79%
Open - I don't read them, but don't mind them being there
7%
Closed - I don't want them
14%

Total votes : 14

Bot threads - Yay or Nay

Postby chengdufan

The bot threads have been locked. What does the island think?

Re: Bot threads - Yay or Nay

Postby Juddernaut88

I find the bot threads useful <ok>
The qualifiers have been a prime example. I've watched some of the morning and afternoon sessions but I haven't been watching the evening sessions and I have gone to bed early this week. Sometimes it's good to go on that thread and check scores / results instantly.

Postby chengdufan

I find the threads very useful when I wake up in the morning and want to see a quick overview of how the course of the matches went. I will catch up with the main match thread after work.

Postby Yanfan

I like the bot thread. <ok>

It's handy and it's also something extra to look at when I'm pretending to do doing my schoolwork. :-)

Postby The_Abbott

yeah, they are a great additional resource for site visitors and keeps more traffic on SI

They are a great way to see what happened frame by frame in particular late night results and also when your stuck at work and have had a day of meetings and haven't been able to see scores.

They have also been great to include Women's and amateur event scores too which you don't get on Live Scores.

Lets not get potty, lets bring back Botty! :D

Postby mantorok

Pink Ball wrote:I’m a huge opponent to the bot threads and stand firmly behind Wildey on this issue. Graeme Bott is the worst thing to happen this forum since me.

Postby Johnny Bravo

McManusFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:What's a bot thread ?!? :?

It's where we post pictures of our bottoms.

Very funny...........NOT :td: :td: :td: