Post a reply

Re: Player Tour Championship Grand Finals Final Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 28th of March

12.30pm

Mark Williams 3-4 Joe Perry

Perry Qualified via the European Tour and he was Top of the Asian Tour so nobody can say he did not deserve this since the event started 17th of June 2014.

Postby Andy Spark

It is rude for Eurosport to leave before the presentation. I'm not happy about that. This is the crowning glory of gentlemans Joe's career, and the presentation of the trophy important! >-(

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:It is rude for Eurosport to leave before the presentation. I'm not happy about that. This is the crowning glory of gentlemans Joe's career, and the presentation of the trophy important! >-(

They didn't.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:It is rude for Eurosport to leave before the presentation. I'm not happy about that. This is the crowning glory of gentlemans Joe's career, and the presentation of the trophy important! >-(

They didn't.

Well, Dave Hendon gave me factually wrong information. Maybe he was in turn given wrong information.

Postby SavoMilosevic

Mark's not a choker. He won against Selby and Selt from 3-1 down with great potting under pressure. Perry just played really, really well and deserved to win. Never seen him make pots like these before. Players like Perry, Bingham, Allen, Walden always seem to play their very best against Williams which is becoming a little bit annoying.

The bottom line is Mark is playing close to his best again and will improve his ranking situation even more after this week. He can reach at least the 1/2 finals at the Crucible with a good draw.

Postby Tamctus

I'm so happy for Joe. He truly lives up to his nickname, I remember a couple of years back a match when his opponent was one frame away from winning and where he fouled without the referee seeing it. Joe admitted fouling, his opponent cleared the table and won the match. That's what I call sportsmanship!

Definitely deserved title. Congrats to Joe! :hatoff:

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Saturday 28th of March

12.30pm

Mark Williams 3-4 Joe Perry

Perry Qualified via the European Tour and he was Top of the Asian Tour so nobody can say he did not deserve this since the event started 17th of June 2014.

I only watched about 6 frames of this whole tourney tbh,so many tourneys theses days,one can,t watch em all,(at least i can,t :-)),but hey,very well done Joe!,boy it,s taken a while has,nt it,but after all these years he,s managed to win a (ranking title)!.

:clap: Congrats!. :clap:

Poor old Williams,once again so close but so far,this time he was just 1 frame away from adding to his silverware,he,s been in a few semis/finals lately but has failed at the last hurdle. :roll:

Postby Vallomas

He's the Gentleman, he's Joe Perry! :D

I am so glad for Joe as he's maybe my favourite player of the top 16 right now. He deserved so much a ranking title, to establish himself as a top player and be a contender for every tournament.

To be honest, I didn't axpect from him to fight it back after 0-3, he was so nervous and the body language showed that he didn't believe that he could win. But the scrappy fourth frame turned everything around. Joe played so terrible snooker on the fourth frame, when he had his first really good chances, that he managed to ruin Mark's tempo. Then, he potted some really difficult long balls and he after 2-3 he took control of the match. At the end, his victory was fully deserved.

Joe has climbed at world's No 9, at the moment, am I correct?

Postby SteveJJ

Vallomas wrote:He's the Gentleman, he's Joe Perry! :D

I am so glad for Joe as he's maybe my favourite player of the top 16 right now. He deserved so much a ranking title, to establish himself as a top player and be a contender for every tournament.

To be honest, I didn't axpect from him to fight it back after 0-3, he was so nervous and the body language showed that he didn't believe that he could win. But the scrappy fourth frame turned everything around. Joe played so terrible snooker on the fourth frame, when he had his first really good chances, that he managed to ruin Mark's tempo. Then, he potted some really difficult long balls and he after 2-3 he took control of the match. At the end, his victory was fully deserved.

Joe has climbed at world's No 9, at the moment, am I correct?

Yep he's up to 9th. With a provisional end of season seeding of 5th.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The money rankings do have their flaws. Ricky Walden and Joe Perry are supposed to be the best two players of this season so far.

Top 16 this season
1 Walden
2 Trump
3 Bingham
4 Perry
5 O'Sullivan
6 Robertson
7 Allen
8 Williams
9 Selby
10 Murphy
11 Maguire