Topic locked

Re: Player Tour Championship Grand Finals Last 16 Discussion

Postby Cloud Strife

armchair de critique wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Looks like all the traveling and playing has finally caught up with Williams.

Yeah must be torture playing these long best of 7 matches. Poor chap never had time to shave either, must be physically drained.

I'll take your word for it since you sound like you're talking from experience.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Quite a few holidaymakers/expats in the house. <ok>

Mate of mine lives in pattaya, which he calls sin city....he is big into snooker but not at the venue.

Pattaya is famous for it's sex tourism. Can see why it would attract so many "tourists". Bangkok is very good as well, I heard. <ok>

Bangkok , oriental setting
And the city don't know that the city is getting
The creme de la creme of the chess world
In a show with everything but Yul Brynner

Postby Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife wrote:
armchair de critique wrote:Those seats are trippy. :mex:

Those seats look very gaudy. Wouldn't surprise me to find out they were nicked from someone's living room.

What about the drinking glasses do you approve or do you think they are slightly :limp:

I like it when the players drink straight out of the bottle. Only the runts use the glasses.

Postby Skullman

Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:Holt bottle job coming up? 3-0 to 3-3...

:zzz:

Same old, same old. I think it would be easier to point out the times when Holt doesn't bottle a match.

Holt hasn't bottled a match. No need to thank me.

Postby davisfan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Those seats look very gaudy. Wouldn't surprise me to find out they were nicked from someone's living room.

What about the drinking glasses do you approve or do you think they are slightly :limp:

I like it when the players drink straight out of the bottle. Only the runts use the glasses.

No. There's absolutely nothing cool about drinking water from a plastic bottle. Least there isn't at a snooker match. It's not a big thing, but to me it's just another part of the sanitising/bland-ifying of snooker that gives the modern game the atmosphere of an operating theatre.

Players drinking pints of beer and smoking. That was cool, and way more real.

Postby Andy Spark

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pattaya is famous for it's sex tourism. Can see why it would attract so many "tourists". Bangkok is very good as well, I heard. <ok>

Pattaya and maybe Bangkok do have a reputation for sex tourism, but it is the wealthy westerners who I blame, people like the British and Americans. A lot of the Thais that sell sex come from the poor north of Thailand and are just trying to earn money for their family.

Postby Cloud Strife

davisfan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

No. There's absolutely nothing cool about drinking water from a plastic bottle. Least there isn't at a snooker match. It's not a big thing, but to me it's just another part of the sanitising/bland-ifying of snooker that gives the modern game the atmosphere of an operating theatre.

Players drinking pints of beer and smoking. That was cool, and way more real.

Normally, I would agree, but when players are provided tiny 500ml bottles water logic suggests drinking straight from the bottle would be the easiest option. Would also save the organisers the added trouble of having to provide several glasses for the players, it's an extra burden the organisers could well do without imo. Also some players will use them and some won't which adds to wastage and costs. :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

Andy Spark wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Pattaya and maybe Bangkok do have a reputation for sex tourism, but it is the wealthy westerners who I blame, people like the British and Americans. A lot of the Thais that sell sex come from the poor north of Thailand and are just trying to earn money for their family.

You forgot to mention all the young men who mutilate themselves in the aim of entering the adult industry as ladyboys. I agree, it's a very disturbing trade and places like Pattaya and Bangkok are at the centre of it. <ok>