Re: Player Tour Championship Grand Finals Last 32 Discussion

Postby Dan-cat

davisfan wrote:Also on my shitlist:
Hawkeye
Lines drawn on the table to indicate escape routes
Replays that mean you miss the next shot or other interesting thing
Showing a player's friends and family in the crowd 392 times
Dennis Taylor

MEGA LOLZ Davisfan... I think you should be put in charge of BBC snooker coverage :)

Postby Vallomas

Dennis Taylor's commentary is a benefit for all British fans, that the rest of us (in Europe or not) don't have.

I usually dedicate my spare time to watch classic (or not) matches that I have watched on ES, just for Dennis' accurate (and sometimes full of humour) comments.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
OoNebsoO wrote:Can't stand how snooker is sometimes televised, with close ups of players, yet we have to wonder where the balls ended up after misses.

There's an article in Snooker Scene magazine from last month about this. Unless the director knows his snooker, they can get the video mixing wrong. Who wants to see the ball that's been potted running down in to the ball rack - we want to see where the white is going FFS!!! As usual Clive Everton bang on the money.

The cameramen botch up sometimes. If they think a player is going for a pot, they close in on the pocket, only to get a bad angle as he plays a safety.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Aint watching any of this, and may only catch glimpses of the China Open.

I feel such a part time fan.

Thats the beauty of the tour as it is Today christ 5 years ago if you missed 2 tournaments you wouldn't see any snooker for 4 or 5 months.

Postby davisfan

Vallomas wrote:Dennis Taylor's commentary is a benefit for all British fans, that the rest of us (in Europe or not) don't have.

I usually dedicate my spare time to watch classic (or not) matches that I have watched on ES, just for Dennis' accurate (and sometimes full of humour) comments.

I can't tell if you're using heavy irony or not. Fair enough if you do like D-Tay's burblings; each to their own :-)

Personally speaking, if I hear him say "a touch of side" ONE more time I'm going to kill.

Postby Wildey

TABLE AFTER DAY 2

24 GCJDAVID 11 - 6
21 CLARA8633 12 - 4
20 JMAL1 11 - 4
20 THECLEAVER 11 - 4
18 ANDRE147 11 - 3
17 CLOUD STRIFE 12 - 2
16 JDM375 7 - 4
15 MCCHAZZZ 10 - 2
14 SUNDAY GIRL 10 - 2
13 KOLOMPAR 8 - 2
13 WILDEY 8 - 2
10 ARMCHAIR DE CRITIQUE 8 - 1

Points have been credited for picks which has reached the last 16.

Sunday Girl (Walden) and Armchair De Critique (Ding) gets nothing.

Last 16 points
2 points for a win and 2 points for a correct score prediction.