Post a reply

Re: Lisbon Open (European Tour 5) Discussion !!!!!

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Maguire turned it all around since his statement at the CoC, semis in the UK and now a minor ranking title. He stabilized his place in the top 16 too, a couple of months ago it looked like he might drop out.

Weird how it was right after he had said he was thinking of doing other things outside the game. And Murphy said similar things just before he won that PTC.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Maguire turned it all around since his statement at the CoC, semis in the UK and now a minor ranking title. He stabilized his place in the top 16 too, a couple of months ago it looked like he might drop out.

Weird how it was right after he had said he was thinking of doing other things outside the game. And Murphy said similar things just before he won that PTC.

Being negative must have an positive effect on certain players.

Postby shankly

Skullman wrote:

And after the 67th threat of retirement, O'Sullivan's still around and winning major titles... Obviously the others have missed a trick here.

Postby Wildey

shankly wrote:
Skullman wrote:

And after the 67th threat of retirement, O'Sullivan's still around and winning major titles... Obviously the others have missed a trick here.

rofl

Hendry was just too positive in his approach and actually retired <laugh>

Postby TheSaviour

Skullman wrote:

Yes, but I feel Maguire´s results and game now has been a much more consistently good comparing to Murphy. Stephen´s been a sort of a benchmark how to handle break-building -situations and not to miss any "pressure balls". It´s like in a crowd Ivo Karlovic is said to be like other ATP tennis pro players navigation system..

Postby Dan-cat

Imagine if a snooker n00b had stumbled across this topic this weekend, they'd be thinking 'wow, they really rate this Selt guy, I'm going to watch his career with interest'

We could have inadvertently created a whole set of Selt fanboys and girls.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:Imagine if a snooker n00b had stumbled across this topic this weekend, they'd be thinking 'wow, they really rate this Selt guy, I'm going to watch his career with interest'

Matt 'one chance' Selt is his full name.

Postby renatopt

I think it's fair to say that this tournament was a success, with big crowds all weekend, especially the last day, which I honestly wasn't expecting with Snooker's small fanbase in Portugal. Good atmosphere and the players seemed to enjoy it as well. I'm really proud of my country. Maybe next year the Lisbon Open will return? :spot on:

Postby gcjdavid

vodkadiet wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Imagine if a snooker n00b had stumbled across this topic this weekend, they'd be thinking 'wow, they really rate this Selt guy, I'm going to watch his career with interest'

Matt 'one chance' Selt is his full name.

Disclaimer: Everyone new to the sport should note that Selt has never in the Top 32 in the ranking list. Please do not suddenly watch his career with interest. Thank you for your kind cooperation. :)