Post a reply

Re: Kreativ Dental Ruhr Open (European Tour 4) Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:And the now the never-ending snooker feast moves to the Barbican in York, the second (or first depending on our outlook) major of the season.

And after that the next PTC will be in my home country :D

And where is that?

lol, you're also from Portugal aren't you?

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:Murphy even said he had 2 other chances yesterday for a 147...

Imagine if he had got all 5 of them <laugh>

Anyway, he got it, and that's what matters, the only player to make three 147s on same year, plus he wins 2 consecutive PTC titles. :hatoff:

I wonder if going for the 147 is something he's doing to make the century attempts more for himself, given that in general he's trying to raise a £100 (of his own money, so this is psychological) for charity on centuries that are normal. Some sort of making it less bittersweet. There was a lot of points today where a lot of players would have took a pink or blue to keep the frame alive safely but he didn't, that's what's making me think this.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:

Anyway, he got it, and that's what matters, the only player to make three 147s on same year, plus he wins 2 consecutive PTC titles. :hatoff:

I wonder if going for the 147 is something he's doing to make the century attempts more for himself, given that in general he's trying to raise a £100 (of his own money, so this is psychological) for charity on centuries that are normal. Some sort of making it less bittersweet. There was a lot of points today where a lot of players would have took a pink or blue to keep the frame alive safely but he didn't, that's what's making me think this.

But if he only wanted to make centuries he would have simply took pink for instance and the ton would still be very much on, so by taking the black it makes more pressure on him to get the ton and the 147.

Postby Gnomy

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:And the now the never-ending snooker feast moves to the Barbican in York, the second (or first depending on our outlook) major of the season.

And where is that?

Postby Gnomy

Andre147 wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

And where is that?

lol, you're also from Portugal aren't you?

Nope, I am from India, but I gotta wait till February though ;)

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

But if he only wanted to make centuries he would have simply took pink for instance and the ton would still be very much on, so by taking the black it makes more pressure on him to get the ton and the 147.

That's what I meant, if he's in a place where he's paying a charity for every century he makes those centuries are going to be a bit less personal to him (he loses £100 for each one remember, although for some one of Murphy's talent he probably doesn't care about the actual money more the symbolism). So maybe he's pushing for the maximum as a slightly greater more personal challenge, with the added benefit it still counts as a century for the charity.

Sorry I'll stop being an armchair psychiatrist now, he's probably just so happy with his game at the minute he thinks he can make them.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

That's what I meant, if he's in a place where he's paying a charity for every century he makes those centuries are going to be a bit less personal to him (he loses £100 for each one remember, although for some one of Murphy's talent he probably doesn't care about the actual money more the symbolism). So maybe he's pushing for the maximum as a slightly greater more personal challenge, with the added benefit it still counts as a century for the charity.

Sorry I'll stop being an armchair psychiatrist now, he's probably just so happy with his game at the minute he thinks he can make them.

Like you say,the simple fact (like last season) that he's donating £100 for every ton he makes for charity purposes is a great thing to do on his part, and also because he's a top player so that money is just about 10% of what he earns in a season.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerEd25 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Ali Carter loves to wallow in self pity.

It speaks volumes about him as a person.

Surely if that were true he'd have written a book about it, like that other self-pitying whinger who most people on this forum seem to worship

Who would want to read a book written by Carter? That would be worse than watching a season of Rod Lawler matches.

The reason O'Sullivan has written books is because he knows there are lots of pathetic morons out there who want to read about his boring existence. Imagine reading a book about running written by Ronnie O'Sullivan!! I would actually prefer watching a 2 hour documentary about Carter's recovery from cancer.

Postby Jester82

Andre147 wrote:Doesn't Milkins look like Sam from Lord of the Rings? <laugh>

Yeah, he does like Sean Astin.

Great maximum by Murphy, very quiet crowd, even more so than UK where they use to shout and heckle sometimes.

Postby Clara8633

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Ali Carter loves to wallow in self pity.

It speaks volumes about him as a person.

Surely if that were true he'd have written a book about it, like that other self-pitying whinger who most people on this forum seem to worship

Who would want to read a book written by Carter? That would be worse than watching a season of Rod Lawler matches.

The reason O'Sullivan has written books is because he knows there are lots of pathetic morons out there who want to read about his boring existence. Imagine reading a book about running written by Ronnie O'Sullivan!! I would actually prefer watching a 2 hour documentary about Carter's recovery from cancer.

At first I thought that self-pitying whinger was Jimmy White.

Postby TheSaviour

Basically, Shaun´s and Robèrt´s playing is a really good if they just can make the balls. Even the likes of Ken Doherty, Robertson or Ding hasn´t been able to deny that thing; if fluent when some people called boring or a too clinical playing works in terms of just been able to make the balls, then it´s all good. I guess this final between Shaun and Robèrt were a really good and a bit of a crowd pleaser in terms of their playing style, and that just the two were there playing the final. I am glad that people enjoyed that!

But there were a much much positives about how Stephen Maguire and Mark "The Marvellous" Williams played out there now just ahead of the first big one. I would certainly rate them amongs the big favourites now to win title. I don´t know about the draw or even the format yet, but certainly wouldn´t be a suprised at all if yet again a final would be Maguire vs O´Sullivan. Like so many times before. Obviously a tough match players the likes of Higgins, Ebbo, Fu, O´Brien, Stevens and I would even name the players like McLeod and Poomjaeng will be there a difficult to handle..

Robertson - poor :bump1: Ding - poor :bump1:

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Image

:clap: Very well done Shaun!. :clap:

As the UK championships just round the corner,i dedided not to watch much of this tourney,in fact i only watched the Trump/Murphy match,and the final.

Trump must have been siccccckkkk,it aint the first time he,s let a lead slip and then ended up losing,he was 3-0 up against Smurph and then lost 4-3!. :dizzy:

Fantastic achievement not only knockin in a *147* but even more fantastic is that he,s made history,by becoming the first ever player to knock in 3 of them in the same year,so another BIG round of applause there for Smurph!. <ok>

I read that he wasn,t far from knockin in at least another 2 maxis,one he misssed the blue,the other he ended up missing the green,that would of really been sumthin if he,d of knocked in more than <just> the one *147*!,.....

"Amazingly, Murphy had missed two golden chances of 147s earlier in the day, getting as far as the colours both times but missing the blue in his last 16 match against Joe Swail and the green in his quarter-final against Mark Williams".

If he keeps this up,he might even threaten Ronnies *147* tally record. :-D

Postby Skullman

Think he wrote on his website that by the time he got to the final, he was so annoyed at having missed a few 147 chances over the weekend, that the next frame he got in first, he was playing on the black and going for it.

Worked out for him.