Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Lab Riga Open (European Tour 1) Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Last 64

Shaun Murphy 3-4 Matthew Selt
Gerard Greene 1-4 Paul S Davison
Fergal O'Brien 3-3 Anthony McGill
Jamie Jones 0-4 Graeme Dott
Ricky Walden 4-0 John Sutton
Chris Wakelin 4-0 Dominic Dale
David Gilbert 2-2 Nigel Bond
Sam Baird 3-2 Judd Trump

Last 32

Jak Jones 1-2 Sean O'Sullivan
Michael Holt 2-1 Mark Davis
Ian Glover 0-3 Mark Williams
Ben Woollaston 3-1 Mark Allen
Matthew Selt 0-0 Paul S Davison
Fergal O'Brien/Anthony McGill v Graeme Dott
Ricky Walden 0-1 Chris Wakelin
David Gilbert/Nigel Bond v Sam Baird/Judd Trump

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote:

No,i,m not tryin to make excuses for the <shock> loses,but i really do think that these loses are mainly due to the fact that it,s high summer.

The likes of Robbo,Murphy,Trump,Allen,Dale probably won,t be giving a monkeys about losin in this tourney,no disrespect to the tourney,but it,s not as if it,s a top tourney is it and its not as if they desperately need the £,unlike the lower ranked players who certainly could do with a bit of extra cash.

They,re probably glad they lost so they can get back out and enjoy the summer <laugh> ,the next tourneys just around the corner anyway too,and even after that,there,s plennnnnnty more tourneys to look forward too.

They've had an entire month off. Plus why bother entering, if you're not going to try properly? And it's a good chance to get a place in the grand finals early so you can skip later ETs.

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

No,i,m not tryin to make excuses for the <shock> loses,but i really do think that these loses are mainly due to the fact that it,s high summer.

The likes of Robbo,Murphy,Trump,Allen,Dale probably won,t be giving a monkeys about losin in this tourney,no disrespect to the tourney,but it,s not as if it,s a top tourney is it and its not as if they desperately need the £,unlike the lower ranked players who certainly could do with a bit of extra cash.

They,re probably glad they lost so they can get back out and enjoy the summer <laugh> ,the next tourneys just around the corner anyway too,and even after that,there,s plennnnnnty more tourneys to look forward too.

They've had an entire month off. Plus why bother entering, if you're not going to try properly? And it's a good chance to get a place in the grand finals early so you can skip later ETs.

Youre right there Skullman,but i meant more along the lines that they probably thought,ok,i,ll enter,if i go far in the tourney good,if i lose,it,s not BIG deal.

Postby Wildey

Great to see some young players having a run here this week.

Chris Wakelin is a player who grossly underachieved last season hopefully he can retain his tour place via the European Tour.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Great to see some young players having a run here this week.

Chris Wakelin is a player who grossly underachieved last season hopefully he can retain his tour place via the European Tour.

These are the players that John Parrott won't have heard of when they qualify for The Crucible.

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:
Skullman wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Youre right there Skullman,but i meant more along the lines that they probably thought,ok,i,ll enter,if i go far in the tourney good,if i lose,it,s not BIG deal.

as Skullman said they have put themselves on the back foot by losing with only 5 more chances it doesent give them much scope to pick and choose events.

players has to be totally professional if they enter and go out to win every match.

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:Anyway, Judd and Allen have taken their matches to deciders. Will their opponents fall over the line or will the top players get through...

Would be verrrrrrry bitter if they went on to loose after bein 3-0 up,not often they,ll get another chance like that to beat the likes of Tump/Allen!. :dizzy:

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:These fans ain't clapping nothing.

Well spotted SnookerFan!. <ok> :-D

Spot this. :bird:

rofl

Aye,our beloved SnookerFan must be drunk :drunk: ,a sober SnookerFan would never be so rude!. :-D