Post a reply

Re: Yixing Open (Asian Tour 1) Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Oliver lines made breaks of 70 and 68 the highest breaks of the match but in the end Scott Donaldson run of form continues as he wins his 9th straight match of the season with a 4-2 win over Lines.

Postby Wildey

Yu De Lu 4-2 Yan Bingtao
Dechawat Poomjaeng 2-2 Li Hang
Kurt Maflin 2-3 Michael Holt
Scott Donaldson 4-2 Oliver Lines
Xiao Guodong 2-3 Robert Milkins

Postby Wildey

Dechawat Poomjaeng 3-2 Li Hang
Kurt Maflin 2-4 Michael Holt
Xiao Guodong 2-4 Robert Milkins

Can Milkins stop Donaldson?

Postby Wildey

Friday 20th of June

8am

Last 16
Ding Junhui 4-1 Joe Perry
Jamie Burnett 4-0 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
David Grace 0-4 Ryan Day
Yu De Lu 4-2 Yan Bingtao
Dechawat Poomjaeng 3-4 Li Hang
Kurt Maflin 2-4 Michael Holt
Xiao Guodong 2-4 Robert Milkins

12.00pm

Quarter Finals
Ding Junhui 0-0 Jamie Burnett
Ryan Day 0-0 Yu De Lu
Li Hang 0-0 Michael Holt
Scott Donaldson 0-1 Robert Milkins

Postby Wildey

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Great to see another young scot coming up. Had anyone seen him play? What type of player is he?

seen him on streaming.

not the most natrual of players but a good break builder but for me what stands him apart from most young players he is hard as nails and has balls to graft out results when hes not scoring.

this tournament he hasent been scoring as well as he did in the Wuxi Classic and Australian qualifiers at the start of the season but grit has got him through.

Postby Wildey

Quarter Finals
Ding Junhui 1-2 Jamie Burnett
Ryan Day 1-1 Yu De Lu
Li Hang 1-0 Michael Holt
Scott Donaldson 1-2 Robert Milkins

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Wildey wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Great to see another young scot coming up. Had anyone seen him play? What type of player is he?

seen him on streaming.

not the most natrual of players but a good break builder but for me what stands him apart from most young players he is hard as nails and has balls to graft out results when hes not scoring.

this tournament he hasent been scoring as well as he did in the Wuxi Classic and Australian qualifiers at the start of the season but grit has got him through.

Hope to see him in some televised events this year.

Postby Wildey

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Wildey wrote:

seen him on streaming.

Hope to see him in some televised events this year.

last season he reached 2 World Ranking tournament last 16 playing Ding in the Welsh Open and was on TV but Ding won 4-0.

Postby Wildey

Scott Donaldson's run has come to an end as he loses 4-1 to Robert Milkins...next up for him is Chen Zifan at 3am on Monday in Wuxi.

Postby Wildey

Quarter Finals
Ding Junhui 3-2 Jamie Burnett
Ryan Day 4-1 Yu De Lu
Li Hang 1-1 Michael Holt
Scott Donaldson 1-4 Robert Milkins

Postby Wildey

Quarter Finals
Ding Junhui 4-2 Jamie Burnett
Ryan Day 4-1 Yu De Lu
Li Hang 1-2 Michael Holt

Postby Wildey

Friday 20th of June

12.00pm

Quarter Finals
Ding Junhui 4-2 Jamie Burnett
Ryan Day 4-1 Yu De Lu
Li Hang 3-4 Michael Holt

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of June

3am

Semi Finals
Ding Junhui v Ryan Day
Michael Holt v Robert Milkins

7am

Final
Ding Junhui/Ryan Day v Michael Holt/Robert Milkins

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of June

3am

Semi Finals
Ding Junhui 4-2 Ryan Day
Michael Holt 4-2 Robert Milkins

7am

Final
Ding Junhui v Michael Holt

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of June

7am

Final
Ding Junhui 4-2 Michael Holt

So Ding Junhui provided some consolation for the people of Wuxi after his 5-0 loss to Oliver Brown in the last 128 of the Wuxi Classic.

Postby PaulIngram

So it was overall a great experience but I think if amateurs are going to China, the biggest tip I could give is that its a big place and when they say 1-2 hrs travel, they mean 4-6hrs......

No practices tables was the biggest killer I think and thanks to Mark King who was kind enough to get me a hit on the table before going on but other than that overall not a bad location.

Locals were hugely hospitable and if it wasn't for a local offering to get me to the airport on time for my 7am flight (where world snooker failed to tell me there wasnt any returning transport) I'd have missed my flight home and paid 120 quid for the priveledge.

I got upgraded in the hotel to a suite for 24 quid a night sharing with Marcus Campbell who's a long time friend, and honestly it was a cracking hotel, and food and staff were just excellent.

Enjoyed sitting with most of the Scottish long term pros and listing ing to their views on the Chinese game, some new innovations going on in the game and overall just some real good banter.

First time I've played in an event like that, and got in straight away but didn't really get a great run of the balls and James overall played better than me with a decent 98 in the third frame, but I think the cameras and audience being new to me threw me a bit so something new to add to the experience. It was well organised and I would like to say thanks to everyone who did that as I'm sure it's not said much.

Watched some great snooker, enjoyed the trip, and felt it was worth every penny to go and play in amongst the best in the world.

Thinking of doing a few EPTCs and maybe another AT next year but stay out for the next pro tournament so it's a bit more worthwhile in snooker terms watching and playing.

It's only made me more keen to play and enter decent competitions.

The tables were a bit weird, some mad bounces and the air was a bit wet which made the balls seem really light and go even faster than when I played on the STAR tables at the Capital Venue Pink Ribbon event a few weeks ago.

Think I need to get my Aristrocrat upgraded to a STAR now with tight bags!! Lol