Post a reply

Re: World Championship Final : Shaun Murphy v Stuart Bingham

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6DPPjFjXVc

Here's the pink GJ is speaking about.

:bowdown: Many thanks TR.

And that also included the shot SO was talking about.

See how early the pink hits the cushion and somehow still goes in <doh>

Yeah, definitely a joke. People have a point if they say that they turned the pockets into buckets to make more centuries happen. As a Snookerfan I can just say that I rather prefer more skills and precision than some forced centuries with the help of these giant pockets.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:And forgot this small matter that we are now on 80 centuries for this year's tournament, just 3 shy of the buckets from 2009.

Surely Shaun can make at least 2 or 3 more? And another 1 or 2 from Bingo? Would be a real shame if the record wasn't broken now we are so close.

Last time Murphy reached the final was in 2009 might be something in that the Pockets is easier so his all out attacking game Works?

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:What were the pockets like in 2005 then ?

in 2005 Snooker Websites and analyses was not available so who knows really but from memory his potting then was just phenomenal.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:And why do the bosses harp on about the same template , surely its not hard to tighten the pockets a fraction.

ill tell you why the emphasis today in snooker is Century Records and Maximum Breaks which is Wrong to put so much emphasis on that.

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:And why do the bosses harp on about the same template , surely its not hard to tighten the pockets a fraction.

ill tell you why the emphasis today in snooker is Century Records and Maximum Breaks which is Wrong to put so much emphasis on that.

great point my fav type of frames are scrappy ones , yes I was proud of robbos tons record.

But give mescrappy frames over countless tons any day of the week.

Postby barrydoherty54

No reason why Stuart can't do it. He has put out Ronnie and Trump so this should be a piece of cake :P

Hope he does it. I see he is still on Awake and on twitter. pity there wasn't a day rest, he won't be too fresh tomorrow.

Postby SnookerFan

I just don't understand the attitude of some people on this forum.

Bingham knocked out Ronnie O'Sullivan and Judd Trump in subsequent rounds. And now people are going; "This guy is rubbish, he doesn't deserve to be World Champion".

Who the hell does he need to beat to prove he's a decent player?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't think I've ever been so disinterested in a world final as this.

If only they could both lose...

I'm pumped.

So many Crucible finals recently have featured either John Higgins or Ronnie. This is something different.

And, in all the moaning people have done about Bingham having the audacity to win games, they've forgotten that he's been playing well.

Murphy has looked in scary form this tournament, but so had Judd. Bingham has got through against Ronnie and Judd. So there's no reason why he can't beat Murphy. But it'll be tough.

This is a 50/50 final, between two players who've been playing fairly well and fairly attacking.

What more to people want?

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

vodkadiet wrote:Trump has just tweeted "I am sick, and now I am going to make myself sicker by going to Burger King...'

Pimping a product he doesn't even like. As the late great bill hicks would say, what a corporate little lovely lady!

Postby hendry_fan

Well,this is it,The final of the World snooker championship 2015.

Who would,ve that the Murphy and Bingham would end up in the final. :dizzy: :-)

Like them or loathe them,they both deserve to be there.
It,s the reward for puttin so much hard work in,dedication and believing in themselves.

Both have stated that for many years they did,nt really have the self belief,Murphy even said not so long ago that he even thought of givin it up,due to the string of bad results and plunge in form he underwent.

I,ve been pretty good at predictions,but the last few times i was wrong. :-( :-)

I,ll give it another go though,i think Murphy will win this and become the world champ for the 2nd time.

As far as who i,d rather win is concerned,i can,t really fully make up my mind,i slighty more favour Murphy though.

The only thing i,m a wee bit worried about,is that Murphy has a chance to beat Hendrys 16 century tally record,he,s currently on 11,but another 5 to equal and 6 to beat it,is a tall order,lets wait n see. :-)

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I just don't understand the attitude of some people on this forum.

Bingham knocked out Ronnie O'Sullivan and Judd Trump in subsequent rounds. And now people are going; "This guy is rubbish, he doesn't deserve to be World Champion".

Who the hell does he need to beat to prove he's a decent player?

Could Not agree More

Looking down the years

Joe Johnson Beat the all Conquering Steve Davis in 1986 and Reached the Final the following year he only played at the Crucible 8 times in his career this is Stuarts 9th appearance.

Shaun Murphy had done Nothing and was Ranked 48 when he won it in 2005 Stuart has 2 ranking events and Ranked no 10.

Selby, Murphy, Dott, Carter, Trump and Hawkins was all less successful than Bingham when they reached their first final in the last 11 years.

People been saying for a good few years that Standards now is higher and strength in depth is there right down the Ranks well Bingham is Ranked 10th in the World hardly down the rankings is it so its a bit rich now complaining that a 10 seeded player reaches a Word Final.

Postby snooker_loopy

The key to Bingham's success might be due to him having 'fun'. When interviewed after the semi-final match, he said he was nervous before the sessions but felt very relaxed when playing. If he can continue to be relaxed and let his natural game come out, he should give Murphy a tough challenge! I don't think it's a certainty Murphy will win. The most important thing Stuart needs to do...

Compete in the first session.

Don't go behind by more than three frames. If he can stay with Shaun, he has a chance to win the title. If he drops too far behind I can't see him catching up. Shaun is too strong a player to fall to pieces so it's imperative Bingo doesn't drop too many frames in the first session.

Postby SnookerFan

snooker_loopy wrote:The key to Bingham's success might be due to him having 'fun'. When interviewed after the semi-final match, he said he was nervous before the sessions but felt very relaxed when playing. If he can continue to be relaxed and let his natural game come out, he should give Murphy a tough challenge! I don't think it's a certainty Murphy will win. The most important thing Stuart needs to do...

Compete in the first session.

Don't go behind by more than three frames. If he can stay with Shaun, he has a chance to win the title.
If he drops too far behind I can't see him catching up. Shaun is too strong a player to fall to pieces so it's imperative Bingo doesn't drop too many frames in the first session.

As obvious as this may sound, his success in the previous match was going two frames ahead in the first session. The next two session he shared 4-4. But that's all you have to do. Have a lead coming into the final session, and maintain it.

Easier said than done, of course. :-D

Postby Jester82

Holden Chinaski wrote:Good posts, SnookerFan and Wild. :spot on:

Yes, but there are excuses. The light, the annoying shoes, the table, the audience or anything that caused Ronnie to lose... :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Jester82 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Good posts, SnookerFan and Wild. :spot on:

Yes, but there are excuses. The light, the annoying shoes, the table, the audience or anything that caused Ronnie to lose... :chuckle:

I wonder what'll happen in the first session.

Murphy will be fresher than Trump having more time off yesterday.

Let's see if it makes a difference.