Post a reply

Re: World Championship Final : Shaun Murphy v Stuart Bingham

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Murphy's missed yellow in the 31st frame was the shot that turned it. If he had won that frame, Bingham was finished. It will be hard for Murphy to ever win again after losing that final.

I fully agree, I wouldn't say it would be all over for Bingo as he proved he can cope very well under extreme pressure, but yes Murphy's confidence would have been sky high had he won that frame.

Bingo himself said that going 16-15 up settled him.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is Stuart Bingham now a great player than Dennis Taylor?

of course he is <ok>

Just because Dennis won a World Champs on the black doesn't make that win any bigger than Bingo's.

Everyone who has ever played at The Crucible is a better player than Dennis Taylor....

Postby Iranu

Logged in just to say regarding there being very few misses - that's really true! For a final there weren't many twitchy misses, mostly long ones on Shaun Murphy's part.

In fact I've been thinking all tournamen while watching, and I don't know if anyone will agree with me, but there seemed to be hardly any frame ball misses this year generally. I didnt see all of the first week, though. But maybe it's a side effect of the regular tournaments?

Postby AC or LT?

vodkadiet wrote:Trump on Twitter "I challenge Stuart to a challenge match. First to 50. Let's have it Stuart!"

If he's going to do that it should be Best of 35, although it comes off as a bit sour grapes in this context.

Also if he's going for the pacquia manny effect he needs a better target O'Sullivan, Selby or Robertson would work.

Postby Skullman

Next season will be interesting. After last year's Worlds it seemed like a four-way dominance between Selby, ROS, Robbo and Ding would happen, but obviously that hasn't worked out. Be exciting to see how it pans out.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Fantastic tournament this was, fantastic Final.

Great standard of play, this Final for me is up there as one of the best ones at Crucible.

No.

I didn't say best one, I said up there as one of the best.

If you think diferently that's ok, but I think it was a great Final.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Murphy's missed yellow in the 31st frame was the shot that turned it. If he had won that frame, Bingham was finished. It will be hard for Murphy to ever win again after losing that final.

I fully agree, I wouldn't say it would be all over for Bingo as he proved he can cope very well under extreme pressure, but yes Murphy's confidence would have been sky high had he won that frame.

That frame definitely felt like the deciding frame. And it was Bingo's superior match play that got him through that frame. He was really struggling with his scoring and he only scored 40 points in the entire frame but that brilliant snooker behind the black more or less won him the World Title.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Skullman wrote:And now for the post-Crucible come down... :sad:

That and exams.

I have an exam in 4 hours :(

Who has exams at half three in the morning? Thought it was bad I need to be up in six and a half hours...

huuummmmm.... not everyone here is from the UK you know :wave:

Postby Skullman

AC or LT? wrote:
Gnomy wrote:

That and exams.

Who has exams at half three in the morning? Thought it was bad I need to be up in six and a half hours...

There are other countries in the World.

Good thing for me I have a week off now before my first one.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Great standard of play, this Final for me is up there as one of the best ones at Crucible.

No.

No.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

No.

I am puzzled by your claim. Do they not put all the finals on YouTube...?

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

No.

I am puzzled by your claim. Do they not put all the finals on YouTube...?

pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl

Postby TheRocket

The moment it went tactical Bingham clearly got the upper hand and that brought him the victory at the end. In terms of scoring they were pretty much even but Bingham is just the better matchplayer.

Murphy's game is still too one-dimensional.

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Trump on Twitter "I challenge Stuart to a challenge match. First to 50. Let's have it Stuart!"

If he's going to do that it should be Best of 35, although it comes off as a bit sour grapes in this context.

Also if he's going for the pacquia manny effect he needs a better target O'Sullivan, Selby or Robertson would work.

He didnt say that on Twitter Vodkadiet taking the snake hiss

Judd said Well done Stuart Bingham

Vodka quit these false Tweets some actually believe them

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:The moment it went tactical Bingham clearly got the upper hand and that brought him the victory at the end. In terms of scoring they were pretty much even but Bingham is just the better matchplayer.

Murphy's game is still too one-dimensional.

It is TR, I think his biggest improvement over the years hasn't been his tactical play as some mention but instead his temperament. In the past he could have lost this match by a bigger margin, but yeah his safety play leaves much to be desired.

When under extreme pressure, he tries to pot his way out of trouble, and often that can backfire on you.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Next season will be interesting. After last year's Worlds it seemed like a four-way dominance between Selby, ROS, Robbo and Ding would happen, but obviously that hasn't worked out. Be exciting to see how it pans out.

Ding was completely gone, Selby didn't do anything before February, Ronnie didn't do anything after February and Robbo had a few highlights but also lots of lows. It's very well balanced and I expect the same next season with Bingo being now a main contender for every tournament as well.

Postby PLtheRef

2015 World Championship Prediction Contest Final Table

178 MCCHAZZZ WC 22 - 6
168 WILDEY 22 - 3
168 CLARA8633 22 - 2
158 ALEX0PAUL 21 - 4
158 AYSHIREBHOY 21 - 4
157 SUNDAYGIRL 20 - 3
154 SICKPOTTER 21 - 3
151 JMAL1 21 - 3
151 KOLOMPAR 21 - 1
150 PINK BALL 20 - 3
149 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE 20 - 2
148 CLOUD STRIFE 20 - 4
148 V.V 20 - 3
143 VODKADIET 19 - 4
141 MUPPET147 19 - 2
139 ARMCHAIR DE CRITIQUE 18 - 2
138 SKULLMAN 19 - 2
135 THECLEAVER 18 - 4
133 RENATOPT 18 - 2
131 ANDRE147 18 - 1
131 JDM375 17 - 3
126 SAVOMILOSEVIC 18 - 1
124 SLOWJOE 16 - 2
123 PLTHEREF 17 - 1
118 GJ 17 - 2
107 KRAZEEYEKILLA 15 - 3
106 AC OR LT? 17 - 2
101 SNOOKY147 13 - 3
90 JPOPSNOOKER 12 - 1
82 TRICKSHOT777 12 - 1
79 RANDAM05 11 - 2
72 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 10 - 2
68 BARRYDOHERTY54 9 - 1
38 MARKSELBYNO1FAN 6 - 0

Congratulations to McChazzzWC who becomes the 8th World Champion in the history of the contest with a new record!

Postby Gnomy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Gnomy wrote:

That and exams.

Oh rubbish!

I got used to it, it was the same last time too, lol.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Next season will be interesting. After last year's Worlds it seemed like a four-way dominance between Selby, ROS, Robbo and Ding would happen, but obviously that hasn't worked out. Be exciting to see how it pans out.

Ding was completely gone, Selby didn't do anything before February, Ronnie didn't do anything after February and Robbo had a few highlights but also lots of lows. It's very well balanced and I expect the same next season with Bingo being now a main contender for every tournament as well.

Bingham, a bit like Selby, might need some time to adapt to beinf the new World Champion. Selby said in the first half of season he felt he always needed to play well as WC, and I think something similar might happen with Stuart.

Hopefully he can settle fairly quick.