Post a reply

Re: World Championship Final : Shaun Murphy v Stuart Bingham

Postby Holden Chinaski

Jester82 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Good posts, SnookerFan and Wild. :spot on:

Yes, but there are excuses. The light, the annoying shoes, the table, the audience or anything that caused Ronnie to lose... :chuckle:

:chin: Who's talking about Ronnie? Ronnie lost because he didn't play well, he himself and all his fans agree on that. No excuses. He still did better than Selby though.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Good posts, SnookerFan and Wild. :spot on:

Yes, but there are excuses. The light, the annoying shoes, the table, the audience or anything that caused Ronnie to lose... :chuckle:

:chin: Who's talking about Ronnie? Ronnie lost because he didn't play well, he himself and all his fans agree on that. No excuses. He still did better than Selby though.

I thought he lost because Selby played slow, because he missed a pink and because Bingham was at fault for the chalk incident?

Postby Holden Chinaski

People who are not Ronnie fans seem to be obsessed with Ronnie a lot more than Ronnie fans. I never look for excuses. Ronnie didn't play well against Selby, played very bad against Bingham. No excuses. Don't really care, Ronnie's had a briliant career, nothing to prove anymore. Isn't this thread about Bingham and Murphy?

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:People who are not Ronnie fans seem to be obsessed with Ronnie a lot more than Ronnie fans. I never look for excuses. Ronnie didn't play well against Selby, played very bad against Bingham. No excuses. Don't really care, Ronnie's had a briliant career, nothing to prove anymore. Isn't this thread about Bingham and Murphy?

I think it says more about Bingham and Murphy really when people would rather talk about Ronnie, Selby etc.

And who can blame them? Bingham and Murphy is not a match that has caught the public's imagination, has it?

Postby Holden Chinaski

If Bingham can handle the pressure and produces his A game I think this could be a great final. But if Murphy plays like he has done and Bingham makes too many misstakes, Murphy could steamroll him. Would be great if Bingham wins in my opinion.

Postby Cloud Strife

JPOPSNOOKER wrote:Bingham as world champion would be great?
Would be a great joke. Worst WC ever

Bingham vs Murphy is a match that normally I wouldn't even cross the road to watch, but since it's the world final I feel obliged to tune in. :gag:

Postby Casey

In what way? Snooker ability? I would say there have been many worse players that have reached Workd finals before.

Postby Andre147

Casey wrote:It would be a great story if Bingham could take it. I think Murphy is playing too well though.

Yeah me too, but I would love a first time World Champ here, especially at his age.

AAnd I definately agree with the points Wild and SF were refering to earlier. Bingo coes here higher ranked, more sucessful than many first time Crucible winners. Dott won his World Title and he had only reached one World Final previously for instance.

Someone who can knock Ronnie and Trump in a big and long tournament such as this fully deserves to be World Champ, not much doubt about it.

I think Shaun will win, but I hope it's a good and close match. And obviously the century record of 83 must be broken here as well, would be s shame if they weren't.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Stuart Bingham as World champion is every promoter's nightmare.

No its not

Bingham will play in everything or close to everything so the promoter will have the World Champion in their event.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Bingham vs Murphy is a match that normally I wouldn't even cross the road to watch, but since it's the world final I feel obliged to tune in. :gag:

Don't feel obligated to post. :wave:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:So, anybody buying tickets tomorrow for next year's World Championship?

I would love to but don't think I can go next year. I'll try my hardest if everything goes well to go there in 2017, never been to the Crucible so it's obviously a dream come true to be there someday.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, anybody buying tickets tomorrow for next year's World Championship?

I would love to but don't think I can go next year. I'll try my hardest if everything goes well to go there in 2017, never been to the Crucible so it's obviously a dream come true to be there someday.

It'd help if they didn't see them before the previous tournament had finished.

You used to have to buy them in about January. Now you have to make decisions based on what you want to do a year from now.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

You got to go there mate.

its been a few years since ive been but i went this year and i wont be missing another year without Going.

the Whole place is a Buzz and its so much more than just the Crucible itself.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It'd help if they didn't see them before the previous tournament had finished.

You used to have to buy them in about January. Now you have to make decisions based on what you want to do a year from now.

i got tickets a month before the event

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:You got to go there mate.

its been a few years since ive been but i went this year and i wont be missing another year without Going.

the Whole place is a Buzz and its so much more than just the Crucible itself.

Remember when I said that there was no way they should move the World Championships away from Sheffield, even to Berlin?

You asked if I was only saying that because Sheffield was easier to get to. I take it you no longer ask that having been to Sheffield? rofl